Comments on Wanny's Comments | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Comments on Wanny's Comments

GMP-AGAIN

Starter
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that Wannstedt is either untruthful, stupid, thinks the fans or stupid, or some combination of the above.

When RW missed practice (he forgot...said he didn't know they even had a practice and meetings that day), before the truth got out, Wannstedt said that "Ah, Ricky had a personal day today"...then the truth came out.

He said at the Awards Banquet that this 2004 offense will be the best the Fins have ever had. He said hes sticks by what he said and he doesn't say things he doesn't believe.

Dave, did you believe Ricky had a day off when you had everyone, including his child's mom, calling all over Miami trying to find him?

Are you going to truly give Feeley a fair chance like you said. Do you truly believe Fiedler is better than two thirds of the qb's in the league? Than Mark Brunell? Than even Kerry Collins?

Every time I read something this guy says in a string of three or four days, all I can think of is a deep, deep gorge, where the truth is hidden.

No enlightenment is given a Fins fan...and no respect...from this head coach. And I've come to believe he knows EXACTLY what he is doing.

He said at the Awards Banquet that this 2004 offense will be the best the Fins have ever had.

Actually he said the defense will be the best ever, and this is the same crap I've been reading on here for the past week rehashed in paragraph form...we're stuck with him folks, better make the best of it.

I'm not sure that the RW thing is a lie. My guess is that as soon as RW wasn't at camp somebody tracked him down. RW told Wanny "sorry, I spaced it" Wanny said "don't worry about it, it's a voluntary camp" "We'll just call it a personal day". So RW took a personal day, he just asked for permission really late.

Never have really liked him, but we do not have a choice. We are stuck with him at LEAST for this season! =(

GMP-AGAIN said:
I have come to the conclusion that Wannstedt is either untruthful, stupid, thinks the fans or stupid, or some combination of the above.

When RW missed practice (he forgot...said he didn't know they even had a practice and meetings that day), before the truth got out, Wannstedt said that "Ah, Ricky had a personal day today"...then the truth came out.

He said at the Awards Banquet that this 2004 offense will be the best the Fins have ever had. He said hes sticks by what he said and he doesn't say things he doesn't believe.

Dave, did you believe Ricky had a day off when you had everyone, including his child's mom, calling all over Miami trying to find him?

Are you going to truly give Feeley a fair chance like you said. Do you truly believe Fiedler is better than two thirds of the qb's in the league? Than Mark Brunell? Than even Kerry Collins?

Every time I read something this guy says in a string of three or four days, all I can think of is a deep, deep gorge, where the truth is hidden.

No enlightenment is given a Fins fan...and no respect...from this head coach. And I've come to believe he knows EXACTLY what he is doing.[/QUOTE

So I take it you was in the meetings that morning right? How do you know what really happened ? Because of that piece of crap newspaper they call the Herald..The Miami Herald have written BS and make believe stories that was proven to be wrong many times before, but yet no one makes them accountable. That's not good Journalism, If you have breaking news and rambling about it atleast make sure you have the facts. It's all speculation on what really happened. If you think that minor incident is going to have a effect on Ricky or the phins in Sept, Oct, Dec and Jan..you need to think again..By the way Wanny is 4th in wins since his been the coach with FIEDLER has the Quarterback..Imagine if he just a decent Qb..I think his record would be alot better, and I don't remember him missing kicks and blowing leads. I see a man who's team constantly rebound after heart breaking losses. We got athletic O-line now with a accurate and strong arm Qb and finally a #1 receiver that's now our number 2 receiver..I'll put my neck on the line and say this I believe DW will get the job done this year..

GMP-AGAIN said:

No enlightenment is given a Fins fan...and no respect...from this head coach. And I've come to believe he knows EXACTLY what he is doing.

I can just imagine the cr@p on this message board if Wanny had said "I don't know where Ricky was today"

He said a 'personal day'. He didn't say it was an excused absence. He backed a player that let him down. If you have a problem with that, it should be with Ricky, not Wanny.

The comments at the banquet were about the DEFENSE.

Just because you don't agree with Wanny's assessment of QBs doesn't make him a liar. Can you point to a single decision about who would start at QB that didn't turn out to be correct? Here are the decisions at QB make by Wanny:

Fiedler over Huard - CORRECT
Fiedler over Lucas - CORRECT
Fiedler over Griese - CORRECT

Blame Wanny the GM if you want, but Wanny the coach has started the correct player. I have no reason to believe he won't pick the better QB again and neither should you. He has also been praising Feeley lately.

Comments upon GMP's Comments upon Wanny's Comments

In light of the numerous factual errors in GMP's initial post in this thread, blatent leaps of logic and wild speculation, "I have come to the conclusion that [GMP-AGAIN] is either an idiot, untruthful, thinks the [readers of this forum] or [sic] stupid, or some combination of the above....".

Seemed to me he was just covering for his star player. Had it been JR Tolver gone missing he might have taken a different track. You don't make your bread and butter look like an *** if you can avoid it. Like JJ used to say, (paraphrased) "I'm going to cut Troy Aikman a break if he's late to a meeting. If Joe Scrub from UNLV is late I'll cut him."

When RW missed practice (he forgot...said he didn't know they even had a practice and meetings that day), before the truth got out, Wannstedt said that "Ah, Ricky had a personal day today"...then the truth came out

What, would you like him to have said: "None of us have any idea where he is to be honest"?. Imagine the field day of reporters if Wanny "lost" a player. I think he did good.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I can just imagine the cr@p on this message board if Wanny had said "I don't know where Ricky was today"

He said a 'personal day'. He didn't say it was an excused absence. He backed a player that let him down. If you have a problem with that, it should be with Ricky, not Wanny.

The comments at the banquet were about the DEFENSE.

Just because you don't agree with Wanny's assessment of QBs doesn't make him a liar. Can you point to a single decision about who would start at QB that didn't turn out to be correct? Here are the decisions at QB make by Wanny:

Fiedler over Huard - CORRECT
Fiedler over Lucas - CORRECT
Fiedler over Griese - CORRECT

Blame Wanny the GM if you want, but Wanny the coach has started the correct player. I have no reason to believe he won't pick the better QB again and neither should you. He has also been praising Feeley lately.[/QUOT

Jay over huard=wrong
Jay over lucas=right
Jay over Brian=wrong Just thought I would help you get it right! :shakeno:

Mikefan22 you are wrong are one who is wrong.

I dont know about Jay over Huard because I didnt watch to many Dolphin games that year. But I do know this Jay over Griese was 100% correct. Griese was uncomfortable throwing to our Wide Recivers he had more int and more fumbles. He got to compete for the same job and got to start 4 Games, and one of the two he won was against SD. He couldnt play the hard teams. If he was comfortable enough to throw maybe he could have been better but last year he really showed no signs of why he should have been our starter all year. That is why this year he had a difficult time being picked up by another team. Jay was the right choice.

And this year whoever is picked as QB will have my 100% support and I will believe they were the best choice until the other proves me wrong.

GMP-AGAIN said:

your comparing apples and oranges. if dave didnt know where ricky was, he didnt know and he is covering for his boy. If dave thinks his defense is going to be something special, why would you discount that with the talent that we picked up in the DB? The games we lost that we should have won were the defenses fault. Houston and New England at home. Offense is to blame for Indy game.

What I want to know, is who the he// thinks they have the right to be told the truth?

Back
Top Bottom