Congratulations Patriots | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Congratulations Patriots

Can some one please move this thread and all other patriot related threads to the proper forum I come here to read about the Dolphins not the patriots.
Apparently, you don't realize this IS about the Dolphins. When the Patriots are successful, the Dolphins are not. It's as simple as that.

i agree w this. I'm a lifetime New York Rangers fan. Last year in Game one of the Conference Championship against Montreal, one of our guys crashed the superstar MTL goalie and blew his knee out. It was a dirty play and being a hockey player myself for 20+ years it disgusted me. It disgusted me game after game, watching the Rangers make the MTL backup goalie - a guy w only 2 career games under his belt - light up like a Christmas tree. I wanted my team to reach the Stanley Cup by beating a really good MTL team like men, not cowards that had to resort to dirty antics to take out that year's Olympic Gold Medal winning goal tender to gain such a ridiculous advantage the rest of the games weren't even fun to watch. I waited 20 years to see my Rangers reach another Cup after the '94 season. But it was a hollow feeling. Tell me I'm not a real fan, but I just couldn't get into the Cup and wasn't depressed when they got hammered in 5 games by the Kings. I said, "had they not knocked Price out, they would have been better prepared for the LA goalie". Served them right. I know I'd feel the same if my Dolphins got caught cheating and it tainted a big accomplishment. I'd be disgusted.
Wow! Most Rangers fans on hfboards were defending that crap... There`s no way we were making it to the cup without Price... Even with him it would have been really though... But that was exactly my point, I wouldnt`ve been able to brag about it had we won by taking King out...

If the Dolphins were responsible for SpyGate and DeflateGate and the mysterious "Tuck Rule" all while winning four Super Bowls, we'd be ok with that.

But, since it's the Patriots, they're "cheaters."

I would be disappointed in the team, but you are damn right I would take those Super Bowls.

Sorry, but this is like asking me to respect a poker player that deals from the bottom of the deck. Sorry I can't do that.

Makes you wonder about the character of people that look up to this.....admire it and perceive cheating as ok....doesn't it?

For me its simple...if this organization is not heavily penalized for this....I have bought my last NFL merchandise.....bought my last ticket to an NFL game....and purchased the Sunday Ticket for the last time....period.

I don't like or respect cheating in sports....why have a rule book at all?

I can't believe how many people make excuses for cheating. Maybe that's why society is so screwed up and selfish because you teach your children that cheating is OK.

And if the Dolphins would get caught cheating while winning Superbowls I could not celebrate those. Sorry. It would be tainted. I would be disgusted. And how could I celebrate and excuse cheating while trying to teach my children that cheating is always wrong - caught or not caught. How can I teach my children to be competitive and be the best they can be if I could tell them "just cheat your way through life"?

Why do we have rules in the first place if cheating is allowed and is promoted?

And congratulating the Patriots? WTF! This thread is wrong in so many ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Most Rangers fans on hfboards were defending that crap... There`s no way we were making it to the cup without Price... Even with him it would have been really though... But that was exactly my point, I wouldnt`ve been able to brag about it had we won by taking King out...
ah you know your hockey too. It was dirty and Kreider did it on purpose. You can avoid that collision if you want and he has a track record. My father who's old enough to have watched them win in 1940 decided not to watch after that. I watched but couldn't stomach how hollow it felt going against tokarski -'it wasn't fair and we knew it. The joy of winning is knowing you beat the best competition out there. How can you feel proud after that?

Your thread should be deleted, any dolphin fan on a dolphins site congratulating the patriots on a Superbowl victory has got something wrong with them.

Why because I am not a homer? Sorry man but being a fan doesn't mean hating everything. I am a Dolphins fan. I am also a sports fan. And I am going to give respect where respect is due. And they earned it.

Why because I am not a homer? Sorry man but being a fan doesn't mean hating everything. I am a Dolphins fan. I am also a sports fan. And I am going to give respect where respect is due. And they earned it.

So you respect an organization that cheats and breaks rules to win....and would teach your children that?

To each his own...some have honor and some don't...this has nothing to do with homerism.

Your thread should be deleted, any dolphin fan on a dolphins site congratulating the patriots on a Superbowl victory has got something wrong with them.

To each their own, but I have to say, I agree.

F*** the pats and everything they do.
Good, bad, cheating, or otherwise....f*** them and they will get no congrats from me!

Back
Top Bottom