Contest: 20 Names | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Contest: 20 Names

Just as another warning those of you that voted for Jake Long are having his entry removed. That includes you dlockz, I don't care what you say you've been predicting. The instructions were clear. Also some of you accidentally entered the same name twice. Also having the repeat entry removed. It's no big deal, it means you have 19 names but will be graded like you had 20 names...just one missed opportunity to get another name right.

wow Ck you had to single me out lol. I still want Long on my list even with that because even though I have always loved Ryan as a prospect , I have said from the beginning that Long was our pick.

OK, I won this kind of thing last year, and I'm even more confident this year. I excpect to hit 4-5, but think 4 is enough to win.

Or, I could miss on every pick!

:)

Pat Sims
Calais Campbell
Antoine Cason
John Greco
Carl Nicks
James Hardy
Tracy Porter
Limas Sweed
Cliff Avril
Antwaun Molden
Sam Baker
Quentin Groves
Dan Connor
Anthony Collins
Josh Barrett
Kevin O’Connell
Kendall Langford
Jack Ikegwuonu
Simeon Castille
Jacob Hester

wow Ck you had to single me out lol. I still want Long on my list even with that because even though I have always loved Ryan as a prospect , I have said from the beginning that Long was our pick.

I singled you out because where other people seemed to do it because they didn't read the rules right, you seemed to do it because you wanted to even though you knew what the rules were. :)

I put Groves down twice (subliminal message)...if we take him this will count as 2 correct picks right..lol?

Official Top 20 Fan Balloting

Below are the top 23 players along with the percentage of the 75 ballot entrants that named that player.

#1. LB Quentin Groves - 77%
#2. OT John Greco - 67%
#3. DT Pat Sims - 57%
#4. LB Dan Connor - 44%
#5. CB Antoine Cason - 41%
#6(t). WR Adrian Arrington - 40%
#6(t). QB Chad Henne - 40%
#8. DT Kendall Langford - 39%
#9. OG Shawn Murphy - 35%
#10(t). CB Charles Godfrey - 33%
#10(t). DT Red Bryant - 33%
#12. TE Brad Cottam - 32%
#13. LB Beau Bell - 31%
#14. WR James Hardy - 29%
#15(t). OT Jeremy Zuttah - 28%
#15(t). LB Shawn Crable - 28%
#17. LB Cliff Avril - 27%
#18(t). WR Andre Caldwell - 25%
#18(t). LB Curtis Lofton - 25%
#20(t). DE Calais Campbell - 23%
#20(t). OT Carl Nicks - 23%
#20(t). LB Phillip Wheeler - 23%
#20(t). CB Tracy Porter - 23%

It seems to me, so far a few of us have 1 right. In retrospect, we were in position to have taken (or maneuvered for) 4 or 5 of the high-percentage “suspects.”

Chances are… I still like Hester, and if Jack Ikegwuonu is around in the 6th that would be a very smart play ala R Wright.

Post-Draft Scorecard

I'll just note that I've been predicting Jake Long would be the pick since Parcells was named coach ... kinda sux because I am not getting credit for that one, but then again everyone would probably pick it now so the point is moot. Where was this thread a week or two ago?!? :D Just kidding. Great thread CK.

LB Quentin Groves - Auburn
QB Brian Brohm - Louisville
LB Dan Connor - Penn State
CB Antoine Cason - Arizona
TE Jermichael Finley - Texas
TE John Carlson - Notre Dame
OG Mike McGlynn - Pitt
NT Red Bryant - Texas A&M
LB Brian Johnston - Gardner-Webb
SS Tom Zbikowski - Notre Dame
CB Jake Ikegwuonu - Wisconsin
NT Frank Okam - Texas
LB Kroy Biermann - Montana
WR Adarius Bowman - Oklahoma State
WR Andre Caldwell - Florida
CB Tyvon Branch - Connecticut
CB Orlando Scandrick - Boise State
CB Trae Williams - South Florida
OG Kirk Barton - Ohio State
SS Caleb Campbell - Army

I usually do a good job of evaluating talent, but I usually do a poor job of predicting who the Dolphins will take. Hopefully this year the Dolphins actually take talented players, and I'll have a chance, lol. :D

Well it took a while to find this thread, but I did it. I wanted to give the person who made the most right predictions his/her due ... whomever that is. It certainly wasn't me, because as I said above, I tend to do very well ad evaluating talent, but a very poor job of predicting who the Dolphins will take ... and this year was no different!

In my own defense I'd like to add that I have been predicting the Jake Long #1 overall pick since the day Bill Parcells was named our VP, and I never wavered on that pick. So, I'd like to claim that pick as right ... but even if I were given that pick, it would raise my correct prediction total to .... (wait for it, here it comes) ... 1. LOL. :tongue:

For comparison purposes I noticed that the OP, CKParrotHead's list of 20 correctly predicted 2 of the players we selected, but he also had 3 more that we are bringing in as undrafted free agents. He explicitly mentioned that players we bring in as undrafted free agents count as correct picks ... and that sneaky parrot nailed more of those than draft picks even, lol, for a total of 5 out of 20 correct. Well done CK. :up:

Back
Top Bottom