Cordarrelle Patterson: Our Changes... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cordarrelle Patterson: Our Changes...

What Are The Changes That Cordarrelle Patterson Will Be Available At 12?

• 0% chance

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • 25% chance

Votes: 22 14.4%
  • 50% chance

Votes: 56 36.6%
  • 75% chance

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • 100% chance

Votes: 23 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He will be available but we should pass -> Keenan Allen is the better player and #12 is still too early

Exactly. I just don't see what other do in Patterson. He catches the ball with his body too much. Much of what he did in college was also carrying the ball. He won't do that near as much at this level. He also tends to get stupid penalties...

I voted 50% that he will be there. I believe the the chance that we pick him should be less than 10%. Assuming we fill our biggest need in FA with Wallace or Jennings. Then we switch gears and get our shut-down corner with our 12th pick or a Left tackle. Pick up a solid reciever with a second or third pick. If we don't get a FA reciever, then we will again have a weak receiving corps. No matter who we choose, the reciever position will take a few years to master. Which will not help us next year.

Exactly. I just don't see what other do in Patterson. He catches the ball with his body too much. Much of what he did in college was also carrying the ball. He won't do that near as much at this level. He also tends to get stupid penalties...

YAC is what we see. You make a decent point on the rushing yards though. The situation is similar to Tannehill at 8, Patterson will not be the BPA but the need and upside are there.

A&O good luck with your health.

"Much" is such a relative term. If you mean that Patterson carried the ball a third of the time (compared to his receptions) than yes, "much" of what he did was carrying the ball. What I've seen doesn't take into account how many plays Patterson ran at receiver compared to in the backfield, or how many times he was targeted in relation to his receptions.

Considering that Percy Harvin, as an NFL receiver, has averaged 70 receptions per year and 26 carries per year, your argument that he won't do that "near as much at the next level" doesn't carry much weight.

So what if the guy can also run the ball? You're dogging the guy because he can do more than what is asked of him as a receiver? Patterson does tend to catch the ball with his body, when he has to shield off a defender.

He's the most talented receiver in this entire draft.

OFF TOPIC:

(Bad News: The day before yesterday I had my regular visit with my doctor. Sadly I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. :-(

I am now taking 500 mg of Glucophage.

This medication works to lower the amount of sugar in the blood. It does this by lowering the amount of sugar produced in the liver, and also increasing the sensitivity of muscle cells to insulin. The cells are therefore more able to remove sugar from the blood. The drug also slows the absorption of sugars from the intestines; lowers blood sugar levels between and after meals.

Now I have to get on the ball - eat right, exercise and follow what my doctor says to the letter. I will beat this trust me)

- - > BACK TO TOPIC.

Atkins.

I certainly hope he's not available at 12. I have no interest in this player unless we picked him in the second round. To me it's all about value. A project at number 12 is not good value in this draft.

WELL evadently he is good value at 12 or alot of people wouldnt be sittin here sayin that they dont even think he will be there at our #12 pick , so imo its NOT A REACH IF HE IS THERE AND WE SELECT HIM AT 12 , imo we need to fill a few holes on offence and defence BOTH , and if we select him at 12 imo he would be just as good as anybody else at # 12 for us , just another hole we filled at a possion, Diva or Not as long as he produces on the field and tays out of trouble im all for any player of need at 12.

I don't think he will be there, and I am happy as such. Of course this all depends on how FA goes. If we can snag Wallace I'd like eiffert at 12. I'm also a big fan if Keenan Allen, and think he can become an effective receiver in a WCO.

Hopkins and Bailey are better than Patterson and Allen.

I could careless..I just want this FO to make a STATEMENT at the receiver position. I'm TERRIFIED we are going to get one receiver via FA or the Draft and then consider the need "taken care of." We NEED to bring in at least 2 receiver prospects that can move. Ideally one via FA and one via the draft!

If we don't get Wallace via FA, then give me Patterson and Ryan Swope!

OFF TOPIC:

(Bad News: The day before yesterday I had my regular visit with my doctor. Sadly I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. :-(

I am now taking 500 mg of Glucophage.

This medication works to lower the amount of sugar in the blood. It does this by lowering the amount of sugar produced in the liver, and also increasing the sensitivity of muscle cells to insulin. The cells are therefore more able to remove sugar from the blood. The drug also slows the absorption of sugars from the intestines; lowers blood sugar levels between and after meals.

Now I have to get on the ball - eat right, exercise and follow what my doctor says to the letter. I will beat this trust me)

- - > BACK TO TOPIC.

I read this and am awful sorry about your health but on the positive side is that you are going to look fabulous you won't be able to keep the ladies off you

Who here wouldn't want a guy who can do everything Percy Harvin can do? OK, what if Harvin could do all the same things but was 6'2, faster, not injury prone, not a "bad apple," and still had room to develop into a serious perimeter threat? Oh, and Patterson is an even better open-field player.

I certainly hope he's not available at 12. I have no interest in this player unless we picked him in the second round. To me it's all about value. A project at number 12 is not good value in this draft.

Hey, remember Ryan Tannehill was supposed to be a project at 8...
Not saying we should draft Patterson, but you can't count him out merely because he may take more time than others to reach his potential.

Back
Top Bottom