Cordarrelle Patterson - Perspective | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cordarrelle Patterson - Perspective

I love this kid as well.I would love to see us draft him and sign Jennings. One thing this team lacks is very good veterans to teach the younger pups how to play the game in the NFL. Kruger just talked about this exact thing when it comes to Ray Lewis, said Ray demands everyone prepare like him for each game. Holds everyone accountable. This also why teams like the Steelers continueto have grat linebackers, the draft guys a year or two before they are needed and they get taught by the guys in frot of them. Same with the packers and receivers, that started way back and has continued right up until now and will continue next year. I bet the Packers draft another receiver in the top 4 rounds. Jennings could come in and help polish a guy like Patterson and then hopefully a guy liek Steadman Bailey in late 2nd early third as well.

Jason Pierre-Paul was very much a "project" at defensive end. I'm sure the Giants are glad they took him in the mid-1st.

I like Patterson but no way at 12. He is more a great special teamer, end around guy when he makes his plays based on what I have seen. He scored 5 TD's. I know that is a WR rich team but I think there is hype buildup on this guy and it would be safer for him to fall to 44. There are always guys who are ranked high and dont make it for whatever reason. Martin is case and point He was ranked high right up till the draft.

I think Woods would be a better prospect in our system to make a splash but the ulitmate to me is Bailey. He does slants, screens, goes deep, catches TD's. I am looking for someone who fits what we do more than buy into a guy because he looks great in the open field.

I've said it before, but Patterson kinda reminds me of a 6'3 Mark Duper. He doesn't quite have the speed, but he has the build, fluidness, explosiveness, and he will scare defenses. His running style reminds me more of a bigger faster Mark Clayton actually, with great athletic ability and simply amazing open field talent. But, if I were to liken Patterson to anyone in the NFL today, it would be Victor Cruz. Incredible talent, but raw. Much like Cruz had to develop and still isn't the finished product, I think Patterson will show electric ability and real game changing plays while he is becoming that complete receiver.

Hunter and Patterson would be great idk what some of u are talking about patterson is going to b great yea he wasnt the primary target at the beginning of the season but he finished the season as tge primary. ... this kid came out of no where and is arguably the most athletic and talented wr in the draft... I say the phins do it different and get there guy.. there is only one elite receiver in the league who has come in the last 5 years that wasnt taken in the top 15 and thats victor Cruz the phins need to make that move all sthe teams in the playoffs this year have 2 receiver threats thats wat we newd in this passing league. .. I dont want a offensive lineman again we need new life something different on this team new swagger. .

I do not understand if he is head and shoulders above his team's actual primary receiver (Justin Hunter), why does he play "sidekick" to him...? All I have seen from the kid is highlights, and anyone who has only looked up Patterson's career highlights instead of actual draft analysis, you'd best do more homework. I am not stating that if you want us to hit on the kid you haven't done your homework, but I do not understand his hype when he isn't even the best receiver on his own team.
Funny thing is, I watched a lot of Tennessee games last season because they had 2 highly regarded WR's, but mostly because of the hype Justin Hunter had entering the game. The more I watched Tennessee, the more I couldnt figure out how Hunter was rated higher than Patterson. In my opinion, Patterson IS the better WR. That doesnt necessarily mean I want him at #12 but I wouldnt have a problem with taking him in the 1st round. Its time we start drafting talent instead of "safe" guys. Safe guys get you mediocre role players like Misi. To the guy who compared Gates to Patterson...really? Wow

Funny thing is, I watched a lot of Tennessee games last season because they had 2 highly regarded WR's, but mostly because of the hype Justin Hunter had entering the game. The more I watched Tennessee, the more I couldnt figure out how Hunter was rated higher than Patterson. In my opinion, Patterson IS the better WR. That doesnt necessarily mean I want him at #12 but I wouldnt have a problem with taking him in the 1st round. Its time we start drafting talent instead of "safe" guys. Safe guys get you mediocre role players like Misi. To the guy who compared Gates to Patterson...really? Wow

I kind of feel the same way. Justin Hunter is an awesome receiver IMHO. He is physically something in the mold of AJ Green or even Randy Moss, with legit 6'4 and long arms paired with elite leaping ability and excellent high pointing technique. Hunter is a size mismatch in the red zone and whenever you need a first down because he elevates higher than TE's and catches the ball where the defender cannot get it (assuming he develops the arm/hand strength to bring it down in traffic). He is a speed mismatch at all times and everywhere on the field. He runs solid routes, willingly blocks downfield, and when fully healthy probably runs in the low 4.4's, so he is an amazing talent. To me, he definitely needs to add muscle. He has already had injuries and appears fragile. He doesn't have the arm/hand strength to come down with NFL contested catches. His catching technique is good, but his concentration is inconsistent ... and sometimes he tries to run before catching it. Sometimes he runs great routes ... and sometimes his routes appear a tad lazy. He isn't a project, but he needs a disciplinarian coach to force him to do the needed work to become great ... and he needs to add 15 pounds of muscle, because he's weak and frail. I'd be fine with him in the 1st round, and I like Hunter better than Keenan Allen even though Hunter will take longer to start paying dividends ... becuase Hunter has All-Pro potential IMHO, whereas Allen will never make an All-Pro team IMHO.

But Cordarrelle Patterson is the guy who tempts you. His burst, RAC and ability to turn every play into a big gain really are eye popping.

Hunter and Patterson would be great idk what some of u are talking about patterson is going to b great yea he wasnt the primary target at the beginning of the season but he finished the season as tge primary. ... this kid came out of no where and is arguably the most athletic and talented wr in the draft... I say the phins do it different and get there guy.. there is only one elite receiver in the league who has come in the last 5 years that wasnt taken in the top 15 and thats victor Cruz the phins need to make that move all sthe teams in the playoffs this year have 2 receiver threats thats wat we newd in this passing league. .. I dont want a offensive lineman again we need new life something different on this team new swagger. .

Great point about Victor Cruz. I definitely see some of the same abilities in Patterson and expect a similar speed and style of development. The only major difference is that while Patterson could be killer in the slot, I think he will start out playing primarily the split end (X) if we draft him, so we can get a deep threat on the sideline and force the safety deep while Patterson learns the full route tree. While the Giants have several deep threats, the Dolphins do not, so I don't think the slot would be the best use of Patterson for the first couple of seasons while he develops. Other than that, I think that's an excellent comparison. Assuming GM's know these things too, we may have to take Patterson at 12 if we want him.

Right now he is projected mid to late 1st round by some... I think he will be projected Top 15 all the way by the draft. Miami will have to fend off other teams trading up. I see him as the best option for WR in Miami. He has great size, speed and big play ability. I hope Miami drafts him and I would not even complain if they traded up a few spots to make sure he is a Fin.

Miami needs playmakers on offense and this guy can be our next big play WR.

He is another guy that makes me want to trade down to then you get another stud in the second round. But everyone is reading alot of these guys based on mocks and website boards. The teams will look at things alot differently particularly when the QB position comes into play.

Physically he is the best WR in the draft but #12 is too high because he is a raw talent.

When i watch Patterson ,I see a little Josh Cribbs with the ballin his hand.Does anybody else make that connection?

Back
Top Bottom