Corey Dillon NOT an upgrade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Corey Dillon NOT an upgrade?

Coral Reefer

Help save our Reefs ~ www.ReefCheck.org
Reaction score
Anyone here still think Corey Dillon is not a significant upgrade for the Patsies.
I seem to remember quite a few posters laughing Dillon off and minimizing the effect he'd have on their offense. Anyone still think Dillon dosen't make this Patsies team even scarier than they were?

Yes I think he is. They have him playing an awkward role which makes me wonder about Charlie Weis a little, but still...Dillon is actually succeeding in this scat-back type role. He's got some shake.

The only sign I see for hope is that they're not giving him too many carries. Of course, that might be because Brady is having his way with the Colts secondary. :(

Drive Colts, drive!

ckparrothead said:
Yes I think he is. They have him playing an awkward role which makes me wonder about Charlie Weis a little, but still...Dillon is actually succeeding in this scat-back type role. He's got some shake.

That's because they only have one active RB and one active FB tonight.

ckparrothead said:

He has shown some good power as well.
In the Red Zone on their last TD drive he drove right through 2 defenders for an additonal 3-4 yards.

Trekbiz said:
Anyone here still think Corey Dillon is not a significant upgrade for the Patsies.
I seem to remember quite a few posters laughing Dillon off and minimizing the effect he'd have on their offense. Anyone still think Dillon dosen't make this Patsies team even scarier than they were?
It would be a bad mistake to have ever underestimated Corey Dillon. He was awesome with the sorry-a***d Bengals, what did anyone expect he'd do with a real team?

Trekbiz said:
Not saying you are wrong, but its one game. Its a long season. SB are not won in Sept. Dillon is pumped up right now, lets see how he is playing come Nov and he does have a history of injury.

The colts secondary has more holes than swiss cheese. They might have the worst secondary in the league. ****, everyones grandma could throw on them.

For Gods sake, he is playing the colts defense. That is the worst defense I have ever seen. That was the worst defensive game by 2 teams I have ever seen. After all those injuries, I'm still glad to be a phin fan. At least I can see some defense. I never said cory dillion was not an upgrade, he is just not a threat to the dolphins.

Dphins4me said:
Not saying you are wrong, but its one game. Its a long season. SB are not won in Sept. Dillon is pumped up right now, lets see how he is playing come Nov and he does have a history of injury.

Actually it's not one game.
Dillon has always shown tons of talent and he did it on a flat out rotten Bengals team. The guy is a player and I still wonder how anyone could be missing that.

Now on the injury front you do have a valid point.
Will he make it an entire year?

Gaphinfan said:
I never said cory dillion was not an upgrade, he is just not a threat to the dolphins.

I agree with you there.

The pickup of Dillon helps the Patriots overall record a lot but head to head against the Phins Dillon's presence dosen't stack the deck in their favor.

Those games will come down to whether our offense can do anything against the Pats Defense. If our Offense can't do more than 3 and outs against them then Dillon will become a huge factor as our D is left on the field for 40 minutes.

Dillon looked good tonight, but the Dolts are now realizing how smart it is to pay so much money for one offensive player and therefore neglect your defense. Kinda what Wanny did to our offense over the last 4 years. Let's see how Dillon runs against a real defense like ours.

The most obvious aspect is that Dillon is better than anything they've ever had carrying the rock for them. I'm still not convinced the Pats have an O-line built for a power running game that Dillon flourishes in. The man's got alot of wear and tear, although last year he barely played so that got him some rest. Am I scared to death of him? Not yet. I'll wait to see how he fairs against a quality defense.

Back
Top Bottom