Corey Dillon NOT an upgrade? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Corey Dillon NOT an upgrade?

Yep that was our pick:( Dillon will be better than any of the backs they have had in recent years. Him not getting the ball is like somebody else already said they didnt have much depth for the game, and this crazy thing the Pats do where they game plan around the other teams weaknesses.(as fin fans that seems kinda foreign doesnt it???)

Of course the Colts defense wasnt exactly impressive. They looked their normal pitiful self. Yes NE O had something to do with that, but the secondary of Indi suks, they got torched. LB had to drop back and help, leaving Dillon run lanes. Man Brady is the one that continues to impress me, he can flat out play. Blitzs read and exploited, stepped up in the pocket, cannot get to him.

Overrall I was not sign impressed with the Pats. Well I saw weaknesses, their defense doesnt look as stout as last year, Colts ran all over them. The colts turned the ball over three times in teh red zone costing them the game. Their offense looked good but not totally unstoppable, he couldnt torch our secondary like he did the Colts, at least not as bad.

Dont get me wrong NE looks good and is the team to beat and will be hard, I just didnt come away thinking stronger than last year.

I said Dillon wouldn't be a big concern for the Dolphins b/c our run D is solid. We can usually stop the run with just 7 in the box. (I am a little concerned if Bowens misses a lot of time however). In fact, I'm in favor of anything that takes the ball out of Brady's hand.

The place where Dillon might really help the Pats is against the rest of their schedule.

yankeehillbilly said:
If I'm not mistaken.....Didnt the Pats use the 2nd round pick that WE gave them to pick up Dillon?
Yeap. It was Miami's pick.

Dolphan7 said:
Dillon looked good tonight, but the Dolts are now realizing how smart it is to pay so much money for one offensive player and therefore neglect your defense. Kinda what Wanny did to our offense over the last 4 years. Let's see how Dillon runs against a real defense like ours.

Totally agree. Especially when you said.....a REAL D like ours!!! Let the games begin!! I cant wait for NE, Miami game. Its gonna rock.

FuturePhin said:
Totally agree. Especially when you said.....a REAL D like ours!!! Let the games begin!! I cant wait for NE, Miami game. Its gonna rock.

Without TimBo in the middle, we're not as strong against the run, hopefully some of the pickups will help.

MDFINFAN said:
Without TimBo in the middle, we're not as strong against the run, hopefully some of the pickups will help.
What is Bowens status anyway? How long is he out for?

I agree but I am not sure if NE will utilize him all that well, it seems like with Smith and Faulk in there, the Pats loved to dump it off to them and they (based on my seeing one game) don't have that option anymore. He is a great runner but I am not sure if the Pats O can use it correctly.

Dolphan7 said:
Let's see how Dillon runs against a real defense like ours.

That's something I'm looking forward to. Late in the game...the Miami D tiring after all thos 3-and-outs force them to be on the field for 3/4 of the game...the Pats protecting a lead...

Yeah, let's see how Dillon looks then!

MNFINFAN said:
I agree but I am not sure if NE will utilize him all that well, it seems like with Smith and Faulk in there, the Pats loved to dump it off to them and they (based on my seeing one game) don't have that option anymore. He is a great runner but I am not sure if the Pats O can use it correctly.
Don't have what option? They still have Faulk who is great on running back screens if that is what you mean by "dumping it off". They rarely threw the ball to A. Smith. Dillon is an upgrade over Smith anyway you look at it.

Gaphinfan said:
For Gods sake, he is playing the colts defense. That is the worst defense I have ever seen. That was the worst defensive game by 2 teams I have ever seen. After all those injuries, I'm still glad to be a phin fan. At least I can see some defense. I never said cory dillion was not an upgrade, he is just not a threat to the dolphins.
Dillion will tear the Phins "D" apart!! Do you actually think that your "D" is invincible? I beg to differ!

BleedinGreenNC said:
Dillion will tear the Phins "D" apart!! Do you actually think that your "D" is invincible? I beg to differ!
:confused:
This post just PROVES you are clueless Bleedintampax .....
:lol:

Marino1983

In the Arizona Game Dillon got 158 yards not from screen plays. Each week the O-Line gets a little more comfortable with Dillon and Brady back there. By the time they Play Miami they will be just right. Faulk will be back by then also. You have no Running game and your O-Line can't stop anyone.

Back
Top Bottom