could Dallas clark Help Miami enough to | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

could Dallas clark Help Miami enough to

Lorenzo Rules

Active Roster
Reaction score
If Miami were to sign TE Dallas Clark (should he be go thru f/a ) would this mean that Maimi would likely to draft defense in the first three rounds ?

I know that may be unrealistic because of salary issues but I think Miami ought to go hard after Dallas Clark and then draft the best de inthe draft.

Miami really needs to hit on a superstar that could enable us not to have to listen to the Wess Welker is God by the media.

Randy Moss or T.O. would not be a big help but Dallas Clark could be just what Henne needs .

is there any tightends that would be more athletic then Fasano and Haynos ?

P.Manning wouldn't let that happen. That is his security blanket. Yes we do need more big time wr's or te's. The wr may come through the draft or fa. The Te is going to come through the draft.

I would not be surprised to see us draft defense in the first three rounds of the draft anyway. You mentioned a DE but I think we are pretty set at that position with Langford, Starks, & Merling. However, both our OLB's are on the wrong side of 30, Akin seems to have regressed this year & don't even get me started on our safties.

Anyway, I totally agree that a top notch TE is just what the doctor ordered for this offense. I know some say we need that mythical #1 wide receiver but I believe that a big TE over the middle with good hands would be just as good. Clark might be a good fit and it would not be out of the question.

He doesn't fit what the Dolphins want to do on offense. We need someone who can block just as well as being a receiver. Plus morrism is right, the Colts are going to let him leave. Besides Peyton, he's the key to that offense.

I would not be surprised to see us draft defense in the first three rounds of the draft anyway. You mentioned a DE but I think we are pretty set at that position with Langford, Starks, & Merling. However, both our OLB's are on the wrong side of 30, Akin seems to have regressed this year & don't even get me started on our safties.

Anyway, I totally agree that a top notch TE is just what the doctor ordered for this offense. I know some say we need that mythical #1 wide receiver but I believe that a big TE over the middle with good hands would be just as good. Clark might be a good fit and it would not be out of the question.

I'm one of those who have said we need the "mythical #1 WR" and I have to say that if we could get Mr. Clark, I would be satisfied with that. I do think he may even help more than a #1 WR. These receivers are impressing me more and more each week that I think I could actually be ok with them if we just had that one big play option that could catch and Dallas Clark is certainly that. Does he run a 4.3, obviously not, what TE does, but he runs such good routes, has unbelievable hands, and is pretty fast for a TE. I say go get him, but.....

THERE IS NO WAY THE COLTS LET HIM GO. He will be a Colt next year. No doubt.

1.) (EDIT: Saw prevous poster Clark signed last yr)
2.)My dream if for Miami to pull some miracle and draft Ndamukong Suh but thats impossible unless the Bucs/Lions say here you go we'll trade outta the top five.
3.) i vote some type of LB/S First round needs the MOST help on Def IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe peyton manning demands a trade to miami after he signs with us and we get him for a 3rd, 6th, 6th and ginn! :rolleyes:

TE round 2 :-)

I for one am very happy we're buildinf through the draft. yes it's a slower process, and no we won't be media darlings in the offseason. But the past 2 seasons are a perfect example that you can be competitive without going out and selling the farm. we need pieces.. thats not to say any of the free agents are going to contribute. I would argue to say that most Fa signings DONT pan out or make their worth of what they're getting paid.. Joey Porter has had one great season for all the money he's making.. Cameron Wake anyone?

TE round 2 :-)

Here's an idea for TE...and he's already on our roster...

KORY SPERRY

This kid made a huge impression in his first game action some weeks ago...

6'4", 238 lbs, and only 24 years old...pretty good hands, good blocker, flashes of athleticism...

Just think what one off-season in Sparano's program could do for adding some bulk and setting up his mindset for success...

Let him develop along with Henne...they could be a formidable pair for years to come...

I wouldn't mind seeing TScheffler on our roster next offseason. He's very underrated and under used in Denver, he can stretch the field and help our offense a tremendous amount. He also wouldn't be nearly as expensive as other FA's but the impact would be great.

Here's an idea for TE...and he's already on our roster...

KORY SPERRY

This kid made a huge impression in his first game action some weeks ago...

6'4", 238 lbs, and only 24 years old...pretty good hands, good blocker, flashes of athleticism...

Just think what one off-season in Sparano's program could do for adding some bulk and setting up his mindset for success...

Let him develop along with Henne...they could be a formidable pair for years to come...

DD - Sperry must have made an impression on you if you think he can stretch the field and block and be that safetly valve then I would pick D in Rd 2 and something for down the middle - our achilles heel...

Back
Top Bottom