Could Ryan Tannehill be headed down same road as Alex Smith? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Ryan Tannehill be headed down same road as Alex Smith?

No! It’s called a bad premise to begin with. Moore was looked at in TC when Tannehill went down and the HC decided on a retired vet for the position(should have been the obvious first clue). Then said VET got hurt and it was Moore’s time to shine. Which mean teams could actually focus on “Moore Game planning” and very quickly he got exposed. The guy looked completely out of his elements even with a scaled down offense.

Don’t ever compare the two!

I think you guys are reading more into what Royal is saying.

All he is saying is that we dont know if RT would have lead us to the playoffs in 16. Saying RT would have beaten the Jets and Bills is opinion, not fact.

He isnt comparing Moore to RT, only pointing out that Moore won those two games which got us into the playoffs, fact, not opinion.

All he is saying is that we dont know if RT would have lead us to the playoffs in 16. Saying RT would have beaten the Jets and Bills is opinion, not fact.

He isnt comparing Moore to RT, only pointing out that Moore won those two games which got us into the playoffs, fact, not opinion.

Question? 2 games is what it takes to get into the playoffs or is it what was built in place prior?

Hell, didn’t this season pretty much tell us that if Moore was in charge of the ship from the beginning, 2 extra wins weren’t going to be the difference between playoffs and not.

Whether Tanne would have won those 2 games is unknown. But what’s pretty much known extrapolating from this years performance. Had it been Moore as the starting QB for that team. 2 games wouldn’t have mattered as far as playoff berth.

Do you and Royal get that?

I’m pretty sure that if with Ryan we could have worked in the passing game off nothing but pa vs the jets and gotten 200 plus yards from Ajayi vs buffalo we would have won both those games. Hell gase took the ball out of Moore’s hands after bad decisions in tbe 2nd half completely vs the bills

I’m pretty sure that if with Ryan we could have worked in the passing game off nothing but pa vs the jets and gotten 200 plus yards from Ajayi vs buffalo we would have won both those games. Hell gase took the ball out of Moore’s hands after bad decisions in tbe 2nd half completely vs the bills

I dont disagree with that at all. Ajayi won us that Bills game for sure.

They were talking about facts vs opinions, and we cant say for a fact that RT would have played better than Moore in those games. You and I believe he would have, but we will never know for sure. And I think that is what Royal was getting at there.

They were talking about facts vs opinions, and we cant say for a fact that RT would have played better than Moore in those games. You and I believe he would have, but we will never know for sure. And I think that is what Royal was getting at there.

That’s fine but I will go along with the level of execution that tannehill was playing with at the time in saying with confidence we win both those games

Question? 2 games is what it takes to get into the playoffs or is it what was built in place prior?

Hell, didn’t this season pretty much tell us that if Moore was in charge of the ship from the beginning, 2 extra wins weren’t going to be the difference between playoffs and not.

Whether Tanne would have won those 2 games is unknown. But what’s pretty much known extrapolating from this years performance. Had it been Moore as the starting QB for that team. 2 games wouldn’t have mattered as far as playoff berth.

Do you and Royal get that?

I get that bro, 2 games wont get you IN to the playoffs, but they sure as hell can keep you out. If we would have lost that Bills game we were out of the playoffs.

Exactly this. That’s all I was trying to say. Do I think Ryan is better than Matt? Yes I do. Was just saying that we only know what DID a happen vs what might have happened. Appreciate the support.

Doesn’t Be matter. Team has a lot of needs to waste 1st round draft pick on a qb. Draft one in later rounds to develope. Get siemian from Denver to back up Tanny and roll with it
Fix offensive line and offense should be fine. Drake and Williams look to be pretty good. If we can get steady qb play from tanny we will be fine

Mat will be missed... I feel that Gase want Cutler. Mat is not long term start but he should have been starter last yr. To replace mat. A guy that come in game. And won games will be big next yr. Getting Cutler last yr was waste of time. I lost some respect from Gase for bringing Cutler to dolphins. Then he fail to bench Cutler when he knows it was time to say he mad mistake w cutler

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom