Could Ryan Tannehill be headed down same road as Alex Smith? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Ryan Tannehill be headed down same road as Alex Smith?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
USATSI_10348823.jpg

Another year, another slate wiped clean for the Miami Dolphins. Jay Cutler, who is now $10 million richer, packed up his belongings and moved out of the hotel room he rented for the season. The Dolphins are now free to return to what they had: Ryan Tannehill, a lukewarm quarterback with questionable franchise talent. He might be a player that organization believes is capable of taking it to the playoffs, but is he the right quarterback to take it to a Super Bowl?
That’s where belief starts to dwindle with Tannehill.
https://www.fanragsports.com/could-ryan-tannehill-be-headed-down-same-road-as-alex-smith/

The Internet has killed journalism. What a piece of crap article.

Why, because it doesn't fit your narrative that Tannehill is a God?

I'm no Tannehill hater but you're the worst when it comes to unapologetically spouting Tannehill love, no matter the context.

Are you going to be okay?

Lol, I was initially thinking that too, but he's right. That article is ****.

The guy writes that Tannehill sucks and the Fins need a QB to be good, but then he says Tannehill would be good in another system.... Do does Tannehill suck or does our system suck? If our system sucks then drafting another QB to run that system isnt going to help the Dolphins.

Regardless, the guy that wrote it is clueless.

I guess I'll actually answer the question. It's definitely possible. Smith is a guy who just hasn't been goos enough to carry his team despite it's deficiencies and thus has been shown the door a couple of times. Same is possible with RT. He may need an elite to very good OL, defense, TE, etc and we can't afford those luxuries because we're paying RT and Suh a bunch. So unless he is able to get past not having an elite team surrounding him, he may have to try again somewhere else.

I guess I'll actually answer the question. It's definitely possible. Smith is a guy who just hasn't been goos enough to carry his team despite it's deficiencies and thus has been shown the door a couple of times. Same is possible with RT. He may need an elite to very good OL, defense, TE, etc and we can't afford those luxuries because we're paying RT and Suh a bunch. So unless he is able to get past not having an elite team surrounding him, he may have to try again somewhere else.

Honestly, I think Tanny just needs to stay healthy and not have his balls shackled to a 45lb plate.

Philbin did that kid no favors by handcuffing him and never allowing him to make that offense his own. Under Gase he was showing alot of improvement. We really lost out ALOT by having him miss 2017.

I just hope he doesnt have any setbacks, both physically and developmentally.

That said, I still want insurance in the draft though, and I think the FO and Gase do too.

Garbage arcticle, KC could end up looking very stupid, I for one think they will. We have invested so much in RT what is another year. If he sucks, we say goodbye, if he plays really well we are Golden.

Why, because it doesn't fit your narrative that Tannehill is a God?

I'm no Tannehill hater but you're the worst when it comes to unapologetically spouting Tannehill love, no matter the context.

If you want to debate with me over my opinion of Tannehill, bring it on.

I didn't even bother to comment on what was written. It's total fluff. Here's the article boiled down:

I don't like Tannehill. I think the Dolphins should draft another QB.

How the hell does that qualify as journalism? That's all I commented on. I didn't even disagree with his opinion. It would be pointless. There is no football analysis. No insight whatsoever. Just, Alex Smith got traded. I don't like Tannehill. As I said it is total crap.

A reminder guys attacks on fellow posters will not be allowed. If you can not make your point without doing that your posts will be deleted and you may be banned from the thread.
Also let's keep political references in the POFO section.

The main forum is a family friend forum so keep the NSFW stuff in the lounge .

Carry on gentlemen.

Back
Top Bottom