Could Tannehill excel with more 'read-option' plays | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Tannehill excel with more 'read-option' plays

If he bulked up a little I would be ok with it but, he's a skinny guy. Of course you should definitely use it from time to time to keep the defense honest but tannehill is a pocket qb. He has a good feel for pressure as is and will only get better. Remember tannehill is still relatively new to qb position. He already has a quick, Marino like, release. Not to mention he loves to throw deep and with a fast receiver it will definitely open the field up more. From what I see, though, is qb that keeps his eyes downfield. He does a good job reading defenses and as season went on he looked off his primary receiver quite often. As long as Sherman doesn't handcuff him, I expect tannehill to join the likes of Wilson, rg3, and luck as more of an equal this coming season. As LOng as Miami doesn't mess up this offseason!

I would have to say no as well. Tannehill is fast but he is not quick. I doubt it would work. Also if Delvin is going to be the #2 QB I would prefer to keep the hits on Tannehill to a minimum.

Once or twice a game is fine. It keeps the defense guessing. In no way should we use it the way the Skins have.

However, if we don't get some playmakers it might be our only option.

Back
Top Bottom