Cowherd "fins most underrated team in NFL" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowherd "fins most underrated team in NFL"

Cowherd has never really bagged on the Dolphins like his ex employers in Bristol, Conn have. I like what he says. Gase IS the real deal, I think these guys follow.

He's right about Gase. The rest remains to be seen.
Yup, and right now we aren't even cooking with gas. IMO, we are just spooling up. Not saying we will, but if we can get it all to come together maybe we can do something this year.

If by "underrated" he means that people's predictions of about 8-8 should really be about 10-6, then I can go along with that.

If by "underrated" he means that people's predictions of about 8-8 should really be about 12-4, then he's going to far in my opinion.

The problem as I see it at this point is still the pass defense. There is no shutdown corner, which is a problem, and there isn't that fierce pass rush a la the early 2000s Tampa Bay Buccaneers to make up for it.

When this team faces the Julio Joneses of the world, they're going to have major problems. A player like that can win a game against this team by himself in large measure in my opinion. A 12 catches for 200 yards and 2 TDs sort of day.

They were trying to trade for Richard Sherman with good reason.

If by "underrated" he means that people's predictions of about 8-8 should really be about 10-6, then I can go along with that.

If by "underrated" he means that people's predictions of about 8-8 should really be about 12-4, then he's going to far in my opinion.

The problem as I see it at this point is still the pass defense. There is no shutdown corner, which is a problem, and there isn't that fierce pass rush a la the early 2000s Tampa Bay Buccaneers to make up for it.

When this team faces the Julio Joneses of the world, they're going to have major problems. A player like that can win a game against this team by himself in large measure in my opinion. A 12 catches for 200 yards and 2 TDs sort of day.

They were trying to trade for Richard Sherman with good reason.

While I agree with the shutdown corner comment, I think Howard has a shot of becoming that guy, sure PFF graded him terribly in week 1 but thats not surprising when hes playing 10 yards off the receiver. Also our pass rush has more to do with our scheme, its not hard for a qb to not get sacked when the corners are playing 10 yards off the guy so he can throw it before our pass rush gets to him. This has been the issue since last season and even though Burke commented on it I expect it to continue anyways

he was never very high on tannehill.....seems to like cutler....cowherd has drilled down some takes from time to time but calling a team "under-rated" and a "playoff contender" aren't exactly bold statements this early in the season.

i always enjoyed his show when he was on espn

I agree with him but we need to get Timmons back.

This is a good football team but that's the missing piece

Cowherd has had our back recently... when we start to get noticed i will give him credit above most of the rest

Back
Top Bottom