Crazy Article from PFW: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Article from PFW:

NJPHIN34

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Crazy Article from Pro Football Weekly:

"We hear the recent news that RB Ricky Williams reportedly tested positive for marijuana in December 2003 (although he was appealing the results at presstime) could make the Dolphins reconsider whether they want to extend his contract beyond the 2005 season, when his current deal expires."

Are they serious? This incident is gonna make us reconsider re-signing one of the elite RBs in the league? Especially when RB was our weak spot for years.... geez where do they get this stuff from.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=afceast

We won't get rid of Ricky because of this. The only scenario where I see us not trying to resign him is if he has a serious injury in the next 2 seasons or if we don't think he has a lot left in the tank (he's not old but we have given him a lot of carries the past 2 seasons). I think we will end up having Ricky for more then just the next 2 years.

FinFan4Life814 said:
idk, but as far as i can tell they're doin some major :bong: over there.

Same thing I was thinking. Maybe Ricky's test results and PFW's got mixed up, cause there's some smoking going on over there with that thinking.

If ricky prduces two more 1000+ yrd season then they have to re-sign him it would be a mistake if they didnt and miami would lose a big part of their fan-base. This can't be legit.

They aren't blowing smoke pardon the pun. Ricky's (I'm doubting they overturn this last one) one step away from a 4 game suspension and 2 from a years ban. That definately makes teams rethink their strategies.

we are constantly posting things quoted by that dumb site. what a gig they have going. they write an article...based on nothing and absolutely fabricated most of the time...and we miss football season so bad that we read the whole thing, then discuss it

What a crock of Sh*t, Miami has spent how long looking for a feature back? 10-15 years and they found a stud like Ricky Williams who is rated in the top 5 in running backs. Please if Miami doesn't resign him (barring in major injuries) then maybe the FO has been smoking the herbal tea of the earth.

I'm more concerned with his body breaking down. At this pace, I believe he has 3 pro-bowl type years left, at the most.
I would not give him a big contract at the age of 29. I think it would be a mistake, much like the Titans made with Eddie George and the Jets with Curtis Martin. Those guys are way past their prime and are still making big money.

A) He'll be getting into that near 30 age which you don't give $$$ contracts to RB's who've been getting the crap kicked outta them. Also you wait till the end of 2005 and see whether he gets busted again. Next time it's 4 games. Ride him for the next 2 seasons then go from there.

brech10 said:
we are constantly posting things quoted by that dumb site. what a gig they have going. they write an article...based on nothing and absolutely fabricated most of the time...and we miss football season so bad that we read the whole thing, then discuss it

You're thinking of Pro Football Talk.

LIQUID24 said:
I'm more concerned with his body breaking down. At this pace, I believe he has 3 pro-bowl type years left, at the most.
I would not give him a big contract at the age of 29.
I definitely agree on this one. We can thank Norv Turner for that.

finphan said:
I definitely agree on this one. We can thank Norv Turner for that.

Uhhh NO..

You can thank Fiedler for the lack of confidence in the passing game. Fiedler is the reason why Ricky was run to the ground. Norv Turner called the plays that would win them games. Passing as much as Miami ran would of been disastrous with Fiedlers inadequecies as well as the O-line struggling.

It's amazing Miami even won 10 games last year with the offense they had

If Ricky is productive with his last years in Miami re-sign him for 3-4 yrs and wait for the draft to get a great RB

Back
Top Bottom