Crazy Article from PFW: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Article from PFW:

I think Ricky will be Dolphin until
A) he retires, or
B) pulls an Emmitt Smith and wants to play 4 years longer than he should, in which case Ricky will also go to Arizona to retire/play out his final years, or
C) his legs actually fall off because we are forced to give it to him 30-40 times a game every game because our passing game (Feidler) can't get it done.

I think some of you guys may be missing the point. PFW suggested that Miami wanted to restructure now in order to facilitate signing Wale. Hence, the team's alledged concern. Consider whether or not it would make sense to sign a player who could be facing a significant suspension to a long-term contract.

It's safe to assume that if he continues making mistakes that will cost the team, that he won't be resigned. You guys always worry about a "cancer" in the lockeroom, well if he continues getting in trouble, thats all Ricky will turn out to be. Don't get me wrong, Ricky is my favorite Dolphin. But we need the best possible RB to play the position, and the best doesn't include getting into trouble numerous times.

pilotfish said:
I think some of you guys may be missing the point. PFW suggested that Miami wanted to restructure now in order to facilitate signing Wale. Hence, the team's alledged concern. Consider whether or not it would make sense to sign a player who could be facing a significant suspension to a long-term contract.
thank you I was wondering if anyone read the paragraph, too

I have to agree that signing RW to l/t deal now seems too risky since it would involve guaranteing loads of $$$$. RW did it to us and himself by violating the league rules - right or wrong. Hopefully we can get Pat hooked up for the rest of his HOF career and have enuf to sign CC l/t and/or OGun

Right now Ricky is fine. In 2 years though...my personal opinion is that we should allow his contract to expire and sign him back at that time if we can, or let him go. One thing to keep in mind is that if you let him go, you gotta make sure you set aside a high pick to replace him.

The problem with getting people all the same age like Spielman is doing is, when they start to get on the decline, they will be declining together. Zach, Jason, Madison (maybe sooner than the others), Surtain, Ricky, Chester they could all be declining about the same time, and chances are we won't have enough draft picks to replace them all (I wish we did!)

The marijuana situation is not important in this way. We will have a clause in the contract that states if he is suspended, the dolphins recoup money. It has been done before, and it will be here. Both sides are covered and Ricky stays a fin.

Back
Top Bottom