"Cromartie can't escape Marshall" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Cromartie can't escape Marshall"

Bta72dolphins

Active Roster
Reaction score
this is good news....

Over the past two seasons, ProFootballFocus.com's data shows Marshall caught seven of nine passes thrown to him while Cromartie was in coverage, a remarkably high 77.8 percent for 74 yards and a touchdown and a 138.0 passer rating.

Against other Chargers defenders, Marshall caught 32-of-45 passes thrown at him, 71.1 percent, for 296 yards, one touchdown, one interception and an 86.9 passer rating.

cro covering bess? ha this causes a crazy matchup for us bess has those welker routes.... cro would actually have to be physical to cover bess

Revis will probably be trying to cover Marshall, and Cromartie will be on Hartline, or Camarillo, with Bess in the slot in the 4 receiver set. I think both teams match up well. It should be fun to watch.We do need to upgrade our tight end. That is where some of the big plays will be coming from.

Am I the only one that realizes that Revis shutting Marshall down is a legit possibility? I'm not saying I want that to happen, I would LOVE for Marshall to own him. But people are acting like Revis is just some overrated scrub.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/12773/antonio-cromartie-cant-escape-brandon-marshall

The first sentence had me laughing

The first quote had me dropping on the floor

gill72579 says

:sidelol:

What is so funny? Revis has shut down better WRs than Marshall? and the one game Marshall played against us he was held in check.

I'll take Marshall toasting Cromartie if it means Cromartie's team keeps winning. Cromartie has won 6 of 8 games against Marshall's team.

Am I the only one that realizes that Revis shutting Marshall down is a legit possibility? I'm not saying I want that to happen, I would LOVE for Marshall to own him. But people are acting like Revis is just some overrated scrub.
Call me homer, but I agree with you. Revis has shut down several players and the only major TD he was burned for was the Ted Ginn TD, that too, he was playing the under route while Kerry Rhodes blew the coverage.

Marshall is not a deep threat. His bread and butter is in short passes that he tries to convert into long gains, while Revis thrives against WRs in such roles. Speedy WRs can cause some trouble to Revis, but Marshall isn't one of them. It will be a great matchup, but I wouldn't expect Marshall having a field day.

Back
Top Bottom