Crowder's Knees = Allen's Hip | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crowder's Knees = Allen's Hip

Gardenhead

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Everybody thought Crowder was going to have these awful knee problems, but he played like a champ.

I'm not worried about Allen's hip.

I have the ultimate faith in Saban's ability to evaluate DB talent, especially coming from the SEC.

Gardenhead said:
Everybody thought Crowder was going to have these awful knee problems, but he played like a champ.

I have the ultimate faith in Saban's ability to evaluate DB talent, especially coming from the SEC.

hey i was the one who came up with that!:lol:

but sooo true....Crowder did an amazing job, so will Allen. at least Allen started his final season *cough* Cromartie *cough*. now lets pickup Watson or Wroten in the 3rd

I love the positivity. Lets hope it filters through to the doubters. Im cool with Jason Allen.

I hope that's the case but Allen is more injury-prone than Crowder. Hopefully Saban and the medical staff are right on Allen's hip prognosis. Because there were a lot better picks we could've had.

Regan21286 said:
I hope that's the case but Allen is more injury-prone than Crowder. Hopefully Saban and the medical staff are right on Allen's hip prognosis. Because there were a lot better picks we could've had.

Why do you say "Allen is more injury-prone than Crowder"? What are you basing this assumption on?

Gardenhead said:
Why do you say "Allen is more injury-prone than Crowder"? What are you basing this assumption on?

As a member of the secondary, hips are definitely important for a DB, like a shoulder for a QB. Also, his injury was much more recent than Crowder's at time of draft and whether it can handle NFL regimen so soon is why he's more likely to be re-injured.

Saban wouldn;t pick him if he wasn;t the best in sabans opinion. its just that simple.

If we picked him, suffice to say our doctors cleared him to play.

Are you saying that hips for a db are more important than knees for a lb?

That makes no sense. Please explain.

Gardenhead said:
Are you saying that hips for a db are more important than knees for a lb?

That makes no sense. Please explain.

A Hip injury is harder to recover from than a knee injury if the hip has been dislocated and the player needs to have a fluid stop-and-go motion. For knees, one can still put a brace to minimize injury and perform adequately. Hip braces make it impossible to play in. A DB needs to be able to cut and change direction on a dime and braces would prohibit that. Playing without the brace would then increase chances of injury. Also LB's don't have to chase quick and agile WR's all the time.

Okay. Point taken.

Well, time will tell...whether Allen will be injury prone and whether Schwartzenegger will be a good governor.

Regan21286 said:
A Hip injury is harder to recover from than a knee injury if the hip has been dislocated and the player needs to have a fluid stop-and-go motion. For knees, one can still put a brace to minimize injury and perform adequately. Hip braces make it impossible to play in. A DB needs to be able to cut and change direction on a dime and braces would prohibit that. Playing without the brace would then increase chances of injury. Also LB's don't have to chase quick and agile WR's all the time.

No but they have to chase Running Backs and take on blocks by 300 pound men

I dont think his hip will be a problem at all.

Gardenhead said:

The only problem with your analogy is that we took Crowder in the third because he fell due to injury and we took Allen at high position even though he was coming off of injury. Many on this board said the same thing about Eddie Moore but now have amnesia. As far as need I'm ok with Allen but he was far from some amazing pick.

FanMarino said:
I love the positivity. Lets hope it filters through to the doubters. Im cool with Jason Allen.

Yeah me too. At first i was kind of disapointed at first but i'm cool with him. We needed a safety anyway.

Back
Top Bottom