Crowder's Knees = Allen's Hip | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crowder's Knees = Allen's Hip

I'm not sure anyone's calling this an amazing pick.

Who would have been an amazing pick? Personally, I wanted Justice, but he's still on the board at #36 as I type this!

Alex22 said:
No but they have to chase Running Backs and take on blocks by 300 pound men

I dont think his hip will be a problem at all.

There are few times (hopefully at least) that an agile RB is out in open field and requires a LB to give chase. It's rarer than having WR's constantly dashing through the field every single play.

Only a doctor with X-rays and professional athletic trainers can tell if his hip is going to be any problem. And even then, it's just an educated guess. Like Jerry Azumah's hip injury, it's hard to come back to full form. Priest Holmes only had a strained hip a while back in 2003 and hasn't been the same since.

Regan21286 said:
There are few times (hopefully at least) that an agile RB is out in open field and requires a LB to give chase. It's rarer than having WR's constantly dashing through the field every single play.

Only a doctor with X-rays and professional athletic trainers can tell if his hip is going to be any problem. And even then, it's just an educated guess. Like Jerry Azumah's hip injury, it's hard to come back to full form. Priest Holmes only had a strained hip a while back in 2003 and hasn't been the same since.

I think thats called age...

Regan21286 said:

Everytime the ball is handed off the linebackers are giving chase

I think if we didnt know he was going to be ok we wouldnt have drafted him, he fully participated in the combine and had no problems with his hip, so thats why I think it wont be a problem

crowder was a projected 1st that fell because of the knees....we jumped on allen in the first round i hope it works out the same but the situation is a tad bit diff

Alex22 said:
Everytime the ball is handed off the linebackers are giving chase

I think if we didnt know he was going to be ok we wouldnt have drafted him, he fully participated in the combine and had no problems with his hip, so thats why I think it wont be a problem

But LB don't always have to change direction and run curls or sharp cuts. Not every RB in the league can run side-to-side like Reggie Bush. Participating in the combine is a whole different story to the real NFL game. In the NFL, players will run at you hard and guys who stayed injury free in college/combine can get their careers cut short in the pros.

Regan21286 said:
But LB don't always have to change direction and run curls or sharp cuts. Not every RB in the league can run side-to-side like Reggie Bush. Participating in the combine is a whole different story to the real NFL game. In the NFL, players will run at you hard and guys who stayed injury free in college/combine can get their careers cut short in the pros.

Anyone could get injured at any point, but just because you hurt yourself once doesnt mean your going to be injury prone your whole career, especially if your fully healed from the injury, which im sure he probally is based on what everyone is saying about him

Alex22 said:
Anyone could get injured at any point, but just because you hurt yourself once doesnt mean your going to be injury prone your whole career, especially if your fully healed from the injury, which im sure he probally is based on what everyone is saying about him

If Allen can stay healthy for 3 years in the league, then you can remove the injury-prone tag from him. Until then, it's the general consensus.

Regan21286 said:
If Allen can stay healthy for 3 years in the league, then you can remove the injury-prone tag from him. Until then, it's the general consensus.

Fair Enough I guess.

But I think Injury Prone is a term that should be thrown at someone who has been injured multiple times and cant ever seem to come back 100% from them.

Oh well, lets just hope he stays healthy

He put on an amazing show at the combine and graded out superbly with his 40 time and such.. You don't perform that way with a bum hip. His hip is fine.

MustangFinFan said:
hey i was the one who came up with that!:lol:

but sooo true....Crowder did an amazing job, so will Allen. at least Allen started his final season *cough* Cromartie *cough*. now lets pickup Watson or Wroten in the 3rd

Our rookies at the most games played out of any team in the NFL last season.

Allen is a great pickup. Safety is the new "sexy" position on D and saban is a master in the secondary. Anyone who says that there were better players on the board I'll ask you this. Were you at the combine? Do you have a team of assistsant coaches and scouts working for you? How many private workouts and interviews did you do? Did you find 3 rookie starters last year? Did you see Nick's draft board? If not then what makes you think you know more than a bum off of the street?

P.S. Let's pick up Wroten in the third!!

WRONG about hip injuries.

Regan21286 said:
A Hip injury is harder to recover from than a knee injury if the hip has been dislocated and the player needs to have a fluid stop-and-go motion. For knees, one can still put a brace to minimize injury and perform adequately. Hip braces make it impossible to play in. A DB needs to be able to cut and change direction on a dime and braces would prohibit that. Playing without the brace would then increase chances of injury. Also LB's don't have to chase quick and agile WR's all the time.

Have you ever dislocated your hip? Well, I have. I wrestled in college and dislocated my hip in a meet. And after only two months of rehab I started squating again in the gym. Within three months of the injury I was up to 300 lbs and my hip was fine. Of course, now that I am in my mid-thirties I am starting to have some minor issues... BUT I'M IN MY MID-THIRTIES. At no time in my twenties was the hip ever sore or anything. And you want to know why? It was a CLEAN dislocation.

There are two basic types of dislocations. Um, one is CLEAN (already stated)... and the other is just plain BAD (ala Bo Jackson). See, what is key in a hip dislocation is whether a bone chip occurs in the SOCKET either during the dislocation OR (more likely) the re-insertion (pain comparable to child-birth; closest any man can get to knowing it, according to doctors). Anyway, from what I've read on Allen, his disclocation and RE-LOCATION were both real clean. And this is usually the case with people with exceptional flexibility. So, NO BONE CHIP = NO PROBLEM.

Now, can we all quite BSing about the "hip thing" already?

Thanks!

GO 'PHINS!!!

-81- McMichael said:
Have you ever dislocated your hip? Well, I have. I wrestled in college and dislocated my hip in a meet. And after only two months of rehab I started squating again in the gym. Within three months of the injury I was up to 300 lbs and my hip was fine. Of course, now that I am in my mid-thirties I am starting to have some minor issues... BUT I'M IN MY MID-THIRTIES. At no time in my twenties was the hip ever sore or anything. And you want to know why? It was a CLEAN dislocation.

There are two basic types of dislocations. Um, one is CLEAN (already stated)... and the other is just plain BAD (ala Bo Jackson). See, what is key in a hip dislocation is whether a bone chip occurs in the SOCKET either during the dislocation OR (more likely) the re-insertion (pain comparable to child-birth; closest any man can get to knowing it, according to doctors). Anyway, from what I've read on Allen, his disclocation and RE-LOCATION were both real clean. And this is usually the case with people with exceptional flexibility. So, NO BONE CHIP = NO PROBLEM.

Now, can we all quite BSing about the "hip thing" already?

Thanks!

GO 'PHINS!!!

I haven't dislocated my hip but I've had a friend from frsh. football team who had one. He never played again. Whether it's a "clean" or "bad" one, I don't know. Medical info like that is usually kept confidential between doctor and patient. And where was this info that it was clean? link?

The fact remains that most people outside of rabid Jason Allen fans consider his "hip thing" to be a concern. Saban himself addresses this. He expresses that he thinks it's ok so if he thinks it is, then I have no choice but to agree.

Back
Top Bottom