Cuaght on the hook(Long article) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cuaght on the hook(Long article)

MostValuableGM

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Now that Ricky Williams (27) has deserted his beloved fans and teammates in south Florida to get stoned with a couple of Asian campers, where does Miami start to regroup after there foundation has imploded? His retirement was a wrapped present with a bomb ticking inside, and now that it has been revealed how bad will the fins take the explosion.
His early retirement was undetected, but experts will tell it was always a big possibility thanks to his notorious social anxiety disorder. No one can forget a young Ricky Williams getting interviewed after a Saints victory with his tremendous Helmet basically giving the public a feeling of talking to an unknown person. He so often orchestrated interviews with his helmet on as he so openly shied away from the public.
However after getting traded away to Miami many where lead to believe his anti social tactics where momentarily halted and his career was beginning to blossom. Ricky Williams can go search the western hemisphere all he would like, but when the chips fall down everybody knows he did not look out for the franchise that so often made him there one and only priority.
Ricky Williams was told to play one more season before retirement, however that was quickly reversed after a trip to Australia had him craving for more travel, with him having little intention to prepare for training camp. So he gave good old Dave the call of a lifetime and now has started his long time retirement vacation, using fruits of a 5 year career labor to purchase countless plane tickets and cameras. Ricky did not have any intention of making the decision an easier transition for his team. He left on the worst day possible, probably second to only a superbowl no show. Miami fans should be out ragged.
The Fins did not intend to draft a RB because they had thee running back. Miami did not intend to sign a back up running back because they had thee running back. If Ricky would have made his retirement public immediately after the season ended Miami would still be angered/ surprised but they would have time to rebound the loss some how with FA pickups, (Duce Staley/ Eddie George) Draft picks (Tatum Bell, Kevin Jones, Steven Jackson, Chris Perry, etc.) and now Miami is left with only the pint size Travis Minor.
To put more weight on the situation, Miami's offense was based around the 226 pound Williams meaning his departure will also effect every other aspect for the Fins. The running game is basically lost. The passing game was made from PA fakes and quick routes, however with no running game there will be no PA fakes and defenses will sit on a steady pass coverage zone meaning easy pickings against inconsistent - fighting against unemployment QB's. The defense will be effected thanks to the offense's inability to hold the ball for long scoring drives leaving the defense to over work every game making them fatigue and susceptible for letdowns. There must be a balance, w/ out a balanced O and D, despite great attributes it will be hard to succeed.
Against a new found D/and O for the Buffalo Bills, the 2 out of 3 season superbowl winners in Bilicheks students, and a young team ready for a break out season trying to spread the Gangrene, Miami might be on there way to another playoff absence. Coach Dave can very well be demised from his role and the franchise could even end up starting a rebuilding process now that all there probowlers are on the defensive side. The Fins might be in trouble for years to come, and there fans might just end up using money for the American Airlines Arena rather then for Pro Player this year for the first in many.
Williams told the paper. "I was never strong enough to not play football, but I'm strong enough now. I've considered everything about this. Everyone has thrown every possible scenario at me about why I shouldn't do this, but they're in denial. I'm happy with my decision. I'm finally free. I can't remember ever being this happy. I just don't want to be in this business anymore." It seems he just knocked his whole former team out of the business with him.

Staff Writter: Mark Louie

~MVGM

you should go to night school and get your grade 9 english, before you write again.

Decent article....horrible grammar...I'm really hoping you don't publish that type of work anywhere.

You guys are harsh, lol. It was wasn't a bad article, but there were many mistakes in it. Not bad for a 16-year old.

16-year old with english as a third language.

Finley worthwhile is one word, you too should visit night school with your friend.

Sorry guys I was in a rush, I spell checked everything. Thanks for the advice, sorry that spelling overcame the overall message.

~MVGM

Just picking on you, its the most fun I've had for the last three days,which have sucked big time, you know what I mean.
The content is good and the effort appreciated

Well, the article had a lot of grammar mistakes, and I'm 16 as well. Not even I make those kinda mistakes rushed. :tongueout

Nah, I'm kidding, its alright, just next time check everything in the article and format it better for easy reading. I'm such a critic because I consider myself to have a good amount of knowledge in the world of writing and journalism, as thats going to be my career.

Remember, appearance is half the battle.

The More You Write...

...the better you get. Good effort. Keep it up!

Although your efforts are welcome, I think your alittle misguided as far as attempting to predict the future of this great organization. :shakeno: To the best of my knowledge, the Dolphins were actually a better team the two years before Ricky arrived (11-5 both seasons) (9-7 and 10-6 with Ricky). This will be handled as if he were injured and out for the season. The way it was handled (classless) wil IMO be a motivator to the rest of the TEAM. This move by no means makes the Fins a worse team, as the Offense revolving around RW did not scare many Ds. This will force the offense to open up and be more aggressive, using all the talent on the team, instead of focusing on RW. Not to mention the chip on everyones shoulder now (fans, players and coaches), the Fins will be even better from a "we'll show all of you attitude". We lost one player, we still have plenty left to win alot of games. Offense sells tickets, Defense wins championships, and we have a pretty good defense! :D

Good effort, but let the future predicting thing to the ladies, they seem to always tell us what we're going to do the next hour from now! :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom