Culpepper + Bulger = Recycled injury prone crap | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Culpepper + Bulger = Recycled injury prone crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
DBoston80 said:
Bulger..maybe, Culpepper was/Is the product of a system..

and what system was that........I believe that Saban recently referred to it as the "Miami Dolphins Offense"?!?!?! :wink:

It's not that I agree at all with your statement.......but even if I did, the above would still be enough reason for us to go out and get him.

burger13 said:
and what system was that........I believe that Saban recently referred to it as the "Miami Dolphins Offense"?!?!?! :wink:

It's not that I agree at all with your statement.......but even if I did, the above would still be enough reason for us to go out and get him.

exactly... :lol:

i disagree, culpeper was in a similar situation to carr this year, he was a great play w/ no good around him, he is a great QB who had a bad year and had no one around him 2 throw the ball to dont compare him 2 tom brady cuz look at the patriots line if u cant do good w/ those guys u are straight up garbage and dont belong in this league, AJ feely could be good w/ that line if we improve our line and snag culpepper i think him and chambers will be as good as moss and culpepper were a few years ago

Whoever wanted to trade a pick for a qb AND draft a qb, sorry that idea is pretty moronic. You guys act like we have no other needs besides qb! We need these players and picks so we can draft DEFENSE! Remember how terrible our pass d was last year? We couldn't get off the field on third down.
All I'm saying is don't give up picks for qbs that we will still need to draft a qb underneath them! Culpepper and Bulger are 2 guys like that because of question marks surrounding them. We went 9-7 under Frerotte with a crap o-line, a crap pass D, and weaknesses across the board, improve these areas and we can get into the playoffs and possibly move on in the playoffs. Wer'e not winning the super bowl with Culpepper or Bulger next year.
And why'd this get moved?

Enough with the Culpepper bashing. Enough. You're embarassing yourselves. I believe in freedom of speech, but if you really find it necessary to spew moronic drivel, please mutter your dopey opinions in front of a mirror in the comfort of your own home and spare the rest of us.

Culpepper had 2 bad games to start last year, with a new OC, new receivers, and a struggling OL after the loss of their Pro Bowl center. After those 2 games, his QB rating was back over 90.

When you evaluate Culpepper, you have to factor in what he does running the ball as well. Over his career, Culpepper has 164 total TDs in 81 games, an average of more than 2 TDs per game. Compare that to the greatest QBs (production-wise) in NFL history:

Marino (429 in 242 games, an average of 1.77)
Favre (408 in 225 games, an average of 1.81)
PManning (253 in 128 games, an average of 1.97)
KWarner (121 in 73 games, an average of 1.65)

In short, Culpepper is the most prolific TD scoring QB on a per game basis in NFL history.

Next, look at total yards (rushing and passing). Culpepper has 22639 total yards in 81 games, an average of 279.5 yards per game. Compare that to the greatest QBs (production-wise) in NFL history:

Marino (61448 in 242 games, an average of 254 yards per game)
Favre (55360 in 225 games, an average of 246 yards per game)
PManning (33854 in 128 games, an average of 264.5 yards per game)
KWarner (19474 in 73 games, an average of 266.7 yards per game)

So Culpepper is also the most productive QB in terms of yards from scrimmage in NFL history on a per game basis.

Then compare his INTs to the aforementioned guys. Culpepper has 86 in 81 games, an average of 1.06 per game.

Marino (1.04 per game)
Favre (1.13 per game)
PManning (1.015 per game)
KWarner (1.07 per game)

So Daunte is the most productive QB (on a per game basis) in NFL history in terms of both yards and TDs. His interception rate is comparable to or better than any of the guys that are even close (and they're not that close). He just turned 29. And you people wouldn't give up a mid-second rounder for him and would rather go with either Gus Frerotte or a rookie that half the league passed on?:rolleyes2 :shakeno: :refuse: :confused:

The contract thing is ridiculous too. He isdue to make $2 million next year. That is an absolute bargain. Hell, it's half what Frerotte is due to make. Even after that, for the next 3 years, he'll be around the 20th highest paid QB in the league. His contract is not a negative, it's a positive.

And he's not injury prone. He's had one major injury in his career. Everything I hear is that he is expected back next year. Whether it's at the beginning of the seaon or later, it really doesn't matter that much. You don't decide on a QB of the future based on whether he'll be ready to play this week.

Reasonable debate is what boards like this are about. Who's better, Manning or Brady? Marino or Montana? Etc. But to suggest that a 29 year old QB who is not only the most physically dominant QB in NFL history, but also the most productive, is not an upgrade over Gus Frerotte is simply too stupid for any of us to have to waste a minute of our lives reading.

Ahhhh. It feels good to get that off my chest.

Fineas said:
Enough with the Culpepper bashing. Enough. You're embarassing yourselves. .

I believe I resemble that remark right now. No more "lateral" crap from me. A very compelling argument Fineas.

I agree completly as far as what he does on the field Fineas. The more I have looked at his stats the more I have been going "why do people think he is a turnover machine? These stats are fantastic!" My only problems with him are the boating incedent and the financial demands he has made on the Vikings. He is curently demanding that they pay him 18 million dollars this year. That is rediculous for a guy that is coming of the injury he had and who may not even be ready to start the season. The queston to me is why he is making these demands, is it because he just realy want out of Minessota and is using this as a means to make that happen or is he just realy money hungry and a guy who will never be happy with his contract? (Remeber somwhat like TO they just gave him a new deal last year.) If he realy just want out than you might be able to work with him on the financial issue and on the boating thing maby he is realy sorry for it. I just dont know, none of us do. If Saben dicides to sign him than I will be a very happy guy because it mean the answer to those last 2 questions satisfied him and we would have one heck of a qb. I just find it hard to say WE SHOULD SIGN THIS GUY!!!!! Without haveing any kind of a read on what the answer to those last two questions are.

Fineas said:
Enough with the Culpepper bashing. Enough. You're embarassing yourselves. I believe in freedom of speech, but if you really find it necessary to spew moronic drivel, please mutter your dopey opinions in front of a mirror in the comfort of your own home and spare the rest of us.

Culpepper had 2 bad games to start last year, with a new OC, new receivers, and a struggling OL after the loss of their Pro Bowl center. After those 2 games, his QB rating was back over 90.

When you evaluate Culpepper, you have to factor in what he does running the ball as well. Over his career, Culpepper has 164 total TDs in 81 games, an average of more than 2 TDs per game. Compare that to the greatest QBs (production-wise) in NFL history:

Marino (429 in 242 games, an average of 1.77)
Favre (408 in 225 games, an average of 1.81)
PManning (253 in 128 games, an average of 1.97)
KWarner (121 in 73 games, an average of 1.65)

In short, Culpepper is the most prolific TD scoring QB on a per game basis in NFL history.

Next, look at total yards (rushing and passing). Culpepper has 22639 total yards in 81 games, an average of 279.5 yards per game. Compare that to the greatest QBs (production-wise) in NFL history:

Marino (61448 in 242 games, an average of 254 yards per game)
Favre (55360 in 225 games, an average of 246 yards per game)
PManning (33854 in 128 games, an average of 264.5 yards per game)
KWarner (19474 in 73 games, an average of 266.7 yards per game)

So Culpepper is also the most productive QB in terms of yards from scrimmage in NFL history on a per game basis.

Then compare his INTs to the aforementioned guys. Culpepper has 86 in 81 games, an average of 1.06 per game.

Marino (1.04 per game)
Favre (1.13 per game)
PManning (1.015 per game)
KWarner (1.07 per game)

So Daunte is the most productive QB (on a per game basis) in NFL history in terms of both yards and TDs. His interception rate is comparable to or better than any of the guys that are even close (and they're not that close). He just turned 29. And you people wouldn't give up a mid-second rounder for him and would rather go with either Gus Frerotte or a rookie that half the league passed on?:rolleyes2 :shakeno: :refuse: :confused:

The contract thing is ridiculous too. He isdue to make $2 million next year. That is an absolute bargain. Hell, it's half what Frerotte is due to make. Even after that, for the next 3 years, he'll be around the 20th highest paid QB in the league. His contract is not a negative, it's a positive.

And he's not injury prone. He's had one major injury in his career. Everything I hear is that he is expected back next year. Whether it's at the beginning of the seaon or later, it really doesn't matter that much. You don't decide on a QB of the future based on whether he'll be ready to play this week.

Reasonable debate is what boards like this are about. Who's better, Manning or Brady? Marino or Montana? Etc. But to suggest that a 29 year old QB who is not only the most physically dominant QB in NFL history, but also the most productive, is not an upgrade over Gus Frerotte is simply too stupid for any of us to have to waste a minute of our lives reading.

Ahhhh. It feels good to get that off my chest.

You forget to add his fumbles into the mix? :wink:

LOL, don't get me wrong I think he is a great QB. I am not sure on compensation, injury and his age. How many more years will he play -especially since he probably won't play at all next year.

If the title of this thread is true, put me down as:

I love me some recycled, injury-prone crap! Bring some of that over here! Load me up! Can't get enough of that recycled, injury-prone cap!

In other words, thread:

:shakeno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom