Culpepper + Bulger = Recycled injury prone crap | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Culpepper + Bulger = Recycled injury prone crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what else I can say that hasn't been said, ya I guess Brady wasn't exactly in a NEW offense but he was definetly in a harder situation than Culpepper was. He had absolutely no help and no Weis, he did it all himself. I'm not comparing Brady to Culpepper I'm just saying Brady is a good qb, a good qb rises above adversity and suceedes. Culpepper failed miserably under stress. I just wish we could draft our own qb and address other needs with our picks and cap money in FA that we have many of.

insomnia411 said:
I don't know what else I can say that hasn't been said, ya I guess Brady wasn't exactly in a NEW offense but he was definetly in a harder situation than Culpepper was. He had absolutely no help and no Weis, he did it all himself. I'm not comparing Brady to Culpepper I'm just saying Brady is a good qb, a good qb rises above adversity and suceedes. Culpepper failed miserably under stress. I just wish we could draft our own qb and address other needs with our picks and cap money in FA that we have many of.

Wrong. Culpepper is a good QB....Brady is a GREAT QB. Where you get the idea that there is some type of guarantee of getting a Brady type QB, or one better than either Bulger or Culpepper, because he was drafted baffles me.

Wrong. Culpepper is a good QB....Brady is a GREAT QB. Where you get the idea that there is some type of guarantee of getting a Brady type QB, or one better than either Bulger or Culpepper, because he was drafted baffles me.

This is true, but what makes this true? Brady is the type of qb who doesn't wow you with huge games or gaudy stats, but he plays almost completely mistake free. I want a Brady TYPE qb who manages the game well, is a smart qb, takes what the defense gives him, gets the ball out of his hands quick, and doesn't take big risks that put the game on the line. These are guys like Hasselback, big Ben, Drew Brees (who we might have a shot at), and Carson Palmer.
I don't want a Culpepper or Bulger type qb who will have big games, toss the ball all over the field and put up huge stats, but also have horrible games and baffle you with stupid mistakes that ruin the game. We need to find our own Tom Brady type, not trade away for guys who may already be done because of a combination of horrendous injuries and sheer stupidity on and off the field.

insomnia411 said:
This is true, but what makes this true? Brady is the type of qb who doesn't wow you with huge games or gaudy stats, but he plays almost completely mistake free. I want a Brady TYPE qb who manages the game well, is a smart qb, takes what the defense gives him, gets the ball out of his hands quick, and doesn't take big risks that put the game on the line. These are guys like Hasselback, big Ben, Drew Brees (who we might have a shot at), and Carson Palmer.
I don't want a Culpepper or Bulger type qb who will have big games, toss the ball all over the field and put up huge stats, but also have horrible games and baffle you with stupid mistakes that ruin the game. We need to find our own Tom Brady type, not trade away for guys who may already be done because of a combination of horrendous injuries and sheer stupidity on and off the field.

One correction ... Brady actually does put up some pretty gaudy stats from the QB position.

dolphan117 said:
So do Hasselback and Palmer for that mater.

:lol: ya... I'm not to sure where he is going with these examples...

I just laugh at all of the people that say the Fins shouldn't trade for Culpepper and Bulger, but should draft a QB instead. Like that drafted QB would come in right away and light the world on fire. It will probably take him a couple of years to be ready. Here is a novel idea, you can trade for Culpepper or Bulger and still draft a QB. Most people seem to think it has to be one or the other. It can be both.

Culpepper is not injury prone. He sustained one serious injury in his career and it happened to be last season. He went to college at UCF in Central Florida. For a fair price, I wouldn't mind seeing him in Miami.

While I dont really agree with you (I dont think either QB is injury prone or recycled) you do give a good argument which has been rare on this forum. I would be interested in hearing who you WOULD LIKE to be our qb, since these two don't fit the bill in your eyes. It would be interesting to read your argument for which qb or qb's that we can possibly get would make for a better fit than Culpepper or Bulger.

The reason Im asking is because Im honestly on the fence with the whole qb situation. I would like to draft a qb for the future, but realistically any of the qb's we would get this year would take at least 2 years to develop. By then many of our players, specifically the defense, will be much older.

I think Culpepper and Bulger would help us more with a win now type of attitude...but if they come here and fail we are back to square one--with no young qb to develop.

So do we maybe trade for one of these guys AND draft a young qb?

Ryan1973 said:
I just laugh at all of the people that say the Fins shouldn't trade for Culpepper and Bulger, but should draft a QB instead. Like that drafted QB would come in right away and light the world on fire. It will probably take him a couple of years to be ready. Here is a novel idea, you can trade for Culpepper or Bulger and still draft a QB. Most people seem to think it has to be one or the other. It can be both.

Very true...

We could get a guy like Whitehurst or Omar Jacobs in the 4th... and develop him under Culpepper/Bulger...

And if Culpepper/Bulger end up working out and being our long-term solution... we have some real nice trade bait in a young QB that we have been developing...

FinNasty said:
:lol: ya... I'm not to sure where he is going with these examples...
I can understand wanting a qb who dosnt make mistakes but saying that Brady dosnt put up big numbers the year after he leads the league in passing yards.... I think what you want is a qb who can put up big numbers whithout throwing a ton of picks, in 04 Culpepper threw 39 TDs and only 11 picks. I could sure live with that.
Edit-Actually he only threw 11 in 03 as well. I thought it was more for some reason.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133263

insomnia411 said:

Okay. You yourself said they were playing in passing offenses. The downside to those explosive 60something% of the time passing offenses are turnovers. You can't completely dismiss them as capable game managers when their previous regimes asked them to make the big play and continually throw the ball. Remember the Randy Ratio? Another thing you seem to forget is the atrocious defenses both these teams had that couldn't secure a lead or get off the field. Both these guys are constantly getting put in postions where they are trying to pick up the slack of their defense. Brady has had a great defense since taking over, so has Burger and Hasselbeck finally started getting recognition after the Hawks got their **** together on D. I think if Culpepper or Bulger are healthy and are asked to do what Gus was asked to this year they'd do extremely well.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Okay. You yourself said they were playing in passing offenses. The downside to those explosive 60something% of the time passing offenses are turnovers. You can't completely dismiss them as capable game managers when their previous regimes asked them to make the big play and continually throw the ball. Remember the Randy Ratio? Another thing you seem to forget is the atrocious defenses both these teams had that couldn't secure a lead or get off the field. Both these guys are constantly getting put in postions where they are trying to pick up the slack of their defense. Brady has had a great defense since taking over, so has Burger and Hasselbeck finally started getting recognition after the Hawks got their **** together on D. I think if Culpepper or Bulger are healthy and are asked to do what Gus was asked to this year they'd do extremely well.

Bulger..maybe, Culpepper was/Is the product of a system..

DBoston80 said:
Bulger..maybe, Culpepper was/Is the product of a system..

Well... we have the same system! so who cares?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom