Cutler cares | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler cares

I think the Cutler to Parker connection is really going to be something this year. Nice opening day win. One big miss of an open receiver in the endzone, but have to be happy with his first game as a Dolphin.

I didn't get to see the game, but I'm sure Gase intentionally held Cutler back to get acclimated. While not a rookie, Cutler has very little experience with this team. Makes sense the play calling would have reigns.

New team, new teammates, road game, recent tragedy forcing team out of normal practice regimen. Yea, start slow and run the ball.

To say I'm not a fan of Cutler is an understatement, but I'll say this. The guy who was playing today seemed much happier playing football than the guy I saw who was trying (and failing) to live up to huge expectations in Chicago.

With his best friend head coach and the personality we have on offense this will be by far the most "fun" we ever see Cutler.

he played smart. I was still holding my breath every throw bc it is jay cutler, but the guy sure didnt hurt us. Great pocket awareness. Only bad throw was the one parker caught over the defender that was underthrown. this guy is going to surprise this year

This is going to sound odd, but the play that impressed me the most (outside of the two nice scrambles from pressure to hit Stills and Parker) was the play before the FG that made it 17-16. We all wanted a TD there. We needed a TD there. The drive was going backwards w holding and on 3rd down he rolled out to buy time, didn't see anything he liked and basically took a sack still well within FG range vs chucking it wildly across his body or doing some other foolish thing w the ball. That is the kind of thing Tannehill does so well - keeps you alive and doesn't lose you the ballgame right there. It was a mature Cutler making that play. Having said this, I do think that this type of "management" of the offense really only works at a championship level when you have a great run game (ok, check) and a great defense (vomit).

Absolutely. That play was coming right at us in the endzone and Cutler made a smart decision. I thought he played a good game. So sick of the screens to Landry that don't go for anything. Especially on third down. 13 rec for 78 yds...

He was calm, collected, and looked solid even when moving around the pocket and rolling out. The hard to watch conservative playcalling in the first half might have done well for his confidence. Looked comfortable when he began to let it rip a bit.

I look forward to this passing attack's progression. Expecting a full game of what we saw in the second half yesterday -- hopefully with better redzone execution (give Parker the ball please).

He was calm, collected, and looked solid even when moving around the pocket and rolling out. The hard to watch conservative playcalling in the first half might have done well for his confidence. Looked comfortable when he began to let it rip a bit.

I look forward to this passing attack's progression. Expecting a full game of what we saw in the second half yesterday -- hopefully with better redzone execution (give Parker the ball please).
I think they tried a couple 1:1 shots to Parker in the RZ didn't they? Point is, they understand what they have and will look to exploit it. We will get better in the red area.

I saw some random "Analysts" tweet about Jay's hail mary that went out of bounds saying, "Cutler doing Cutler things" WHAT A JOKE! Jay helped win that game. All the haters can do is rag on him for a throw that I believe he was just throwing away.
Cutler throwing high and deep to Parker:
Cutler= win
Parker= win
Fans and team= win.

Nobody can have an issue with Cutler today. He played very well. He missed a couple throws but thats usual for any QB. Least he was visibility upset when he missed Landry in the endzone. That was a knock on him was he didn't care

Back
Top Bottom