Cyrus Kounandijo has Failed some Physicals | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cyrus Kounandijo has Failed some Physicals

If he is sitting at 81 and we have not addressed the position yet the kid would be in play. No sooner, I hope. Boy would the torches ignite if his name popped up at 19 now.

Moses and Bitonio will go ahead of him

Was just about to say that. Failed physical and a fairly poor combine. FTB, Slimm, and hoops have mentioned that they view him as more of a guard in the pros and I think that's the case for sure. The fact that he's not athletic either takes him off my board.

Joel Bitonio on the other hand has skyrocketed up the board to the point that I think he has a shot to play OT in the NFL

This is just ridiculous. How any of you can watch the tape of Kouandjio and say that he's off your board is laughable. James Andrews, one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the world, said that Kouandjio's knee is fine. Watch the video of his movement skills and actually judge for yourself, especially his lateral movement (see :20 below) and then you can decide what kind of athlete he is and form your own opinion instead of relying on others. He's not athletic, he's a guard for sure, he's a lousy athlete who's off your board- how anyone can watch the game film and actually study what happened in his workout and come to these conclusions is beyond me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2TJ8KDsDA8

As to Bitonio, the issue is his talent, body of work and how he showed at the combine- those are the factors that are relevant as to whether he'll be a pro Guard or Tackle, not the latest rumors and trends. Same thing with Ju"wuan James, solid player but people see a couple of rumors in the news and then jump on the "let's take James in the first round" bandwagon". Before the rumors a few days ago- crickets. How very typical.

In Bitionio I see similar traits as Zack Martin, just not quite on his level. He has power but he's not a road grader like Martin, he has quick feet and lateral movement that are closer to Martin's level. I see him at Tackle, but that's based on watching him play and judging his athletic ability, not the whims of the latest draft rumors. Draft "experts" in the news sending him up or down draft boards in the last days before the draft is of little consequence.

Kouandjio is a big, solid, powerful, a roadgrader with plenty of lateral quicks for RT and he's nasty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGIsKJAW88U

Great fit for us at RT, ZBS or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, unlike others, I'm not completely against drafting CK. But a public statement by Andrews doesn't automatically mean you can give the kid an all-clear on the knee. Any team that's thinking about picking him needs to do their own thorough investigation/evaluation. And if the knee does check out, then what's the reason for the season-to-season drop-off in performance, and poor combine showing? The plus with him is he has played at a high enough level early in his career that coming into this year many thought he'd be off the board very, very early. But he has red flags, and those red flags need to be cleared before you'd risk taking him at 19. I'm not gong to freak out if the Fins take him at 19 because it's possible those red flags are anomalous, and if they are you could be getting a real talent in the pick. But if they take him and they are wrong, I'll be right there with everybody else in this thread calling for Hickey's head. Bottom line is if they pick him they damn well better be right.

Jim, unlike others, I'm not completely against drafting CK. But a public statement by Andrews doesn't automatically mean you can give the kid an all-clear on the knee. Any team that's thinking about picking him needs to do their own thorough investigation/evaluation. And if the knee does check out, then what's the reason for the season-to-season drop-off in performance, and poor combine showing? The plus with him is he has played at a high enough level early in his career that coming into this year many thought he'd be off the board very, very early. But he has red flags, and those red flags need to be cleared before you'd risk taking him at 19. I'm not gong to freak out if the Fins take him at 19 because it's possible those red flags are anomalous, and if they are you could be getting a real talent in the pick. But if they take him and they are wrong, I'll be right there with everybody else in this thread calling for Hickey's head. Bottom line is if they pick him they damn well better be right.

Sure, everything is a gamble. Based on the research I've done I think that his knee is fine and the playing tape/combine show me that he'll be one heck of a RT. We'll see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, everything is a gamble. Based on the research I've done I think that his knee is fine and the paying tape/combine show me that he'll be one heck of a RT. We'll see what happens.

Agree with the part in bold 100%. That's why I prefer to be more measured than most in my opinions on this stuff. It's a gamble for people with far more information than I have. Anything I say is hinging on very limited relative info. And yet most fans speak with certainty on prospects. Like last year when Justin Pugh's arms were too short for him to play tackle. I don't remember one person saying they thought he was a 1st round tackle. But the Giants took him, and he performed better than any rookie tackle last year. Go figure. Maybe Kouandjio's knee is this years misnomer. Like I said though. With the red flags, you better be right if you take him in the first.

Even if this guy was 100% healthy, his play doesnt say 1st round pick to me

Agree with the part in bold 100%. That's why I prefer to be more measured than most in my opinions on this stuff. It's a gamble for people with far more information than I have. Anything I say is hinging on very limited relative info. And yet most fans speak with certainty on prospects. Like last year when Justin Pugh's arms were too short for him to play tackle. I don't remember one person saying they thought he was a 1st round tackle. But the Giants took him, and he performed better than any rookie tackle last year. Go figure. Maybe Kouandjio's knee is this years misnomer. Like I said though. With the red flags, you better be right if you take him in the first.

I'm venting this morning because I'm tired of these opinion swings based on the latest rumors, but the short version is that I believe in Kouandjio as the solution to our RT dilemma, based on his game film, knee health and his athletic ability. Again, in what could be a difficult draft for Miami I'm very interested in getting Matt Patchan later in the draft for RT, especially if we run into difficulites in the first two rounds. I saw big value in Patchan, just my opinion of course.

I'm venting this morning because I'm tired of these opinion swings based on the latest rumors, but the short version is that I believe in Kouandjio as the solution to our RT dilemma, based on his game film, knee health and his athletic ability. Again, in what could be a difficult draft for Miami I'm very interested in getting Matt Patchan later in the draft for RT, especially if we run into difficulites in the first two rounds. I saw big value in Patchan, just my opinion of course.

I agree on Patchan 100%. The kid is healthy now, and very much a scheme fit. I'd take him as high as the 5th round if we still need a tackle at that point.

About Justin Pugh - I live in Giant country and most Giant fans I speak with say Pugh was a disaster in the beginning of the year. He did play better as the year wnet along, but they had a line that was almost as bad as ours. They also have a 2x super bowl winning QB with a decent arsenal of wr weapons.

About Justin Pugh - I live in Giant country and most Giant fans I speak with say Pugh was a disaster in the beginning of the year. He did play better as the year wnet along, but they had a line that was almost as bad as ours. They also have a 2x super bowl winning QB with a decent arsenal of wr weapons.

I'm thinking they'll take Zack Martin if available.

Back
Top Bottom