Czar Foxsports.com: Ross Tidbit/Philbin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Czar Foxsports.com: Ross Tidbit/Philbin

Since Philbin doesn't design or call his own plays, what exactly are his responsibilities in Green Bay? What makes him qualified to make the jump to head coach?
This is a good point. However, I think he's knowledge of the WCO and the 3-4 defense which they run in Green Bay is a huge plus. We won't have to switch defenses like we will with Jeff Fisher, the WCO doesn't demand a strong armed QB like some other vertical offenses do making it a little easier to find a QB that fits the system and the fact that he's from an organization that just knows how to win, knows how to put together a team is a major plus for me.

I'm certainly not going to count him out.

Matt Flynn is not an upgrade to Matt Moore. He's just the next hot name in a league that is desperate for quality quarterbacks. Flynn's 68.1 career passer rating is nowhere near Matt Moore's career 80.8 or his 86.6 passer rating as a starter.
Moore is a nobody, a backup, trash. Anything is worth a shot as Moore is not the answer at quarterback. Flynn has potential, and we won't be able to draft a quarterback worth while other than Tannehill maybe. But stop talking up Moore as if he's anything special, he's no different than Gus, Fiedler and all the other scrub QB's we've had.

Philbin is interesting but I think I rather have Billick at this point. I really want Jay Gruden but it doesn't seem like Ross is interested so let's bring in Billick.

So because Green Bay doesn't allow Philbin to design plays he's automatically incapable of doing so? The guy is a hot commodity around the league. There's a reason for that.

Let's wait and see how everything plays out before we start questioning a unproven assistant HC. If he's the one who called plays while Payton was sidelined you can sign me up all day long.

Just cause he doesn't call plays doesn't mean he doesn't help designing gameplans or have input into the games. He's been a long time assistant under McCarthey so who knows how he'll do. He's worth a look.

Moore is a nobody, a backup, trash. Anything is worth a shot as Moore is not the answer at quarterback. Flynn has potential, and we won't be able to draft a quarterback worth while other than Tannehill maybe. But stop talking up Moore as if he's anything special, he's no different than Gus, Fiedler and all the other scrub QB's we've had.

Philbin is interesting but I think I rather have Billick at this point. I really want Jay Gruden but it doesn't seem like Ross is interested so let's bring in Billick.

What have you seen in Flynn that makes you believe he's better than the healthy sample size we've seen with Moore?

Back
Top Bottom