D-Wade Names Sports Illustrated Player of the Year!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D-Wade Names Sports Illustrated Player of the Year!!!

This selection is a complete and utter JOKE! I get SI, and my subscription is running out, and I'm not going to renew it.

Roger Federer is clearly Sportsman of the Year. This guy is an historic athlete, the epitomy of style, class and grace both on and off the court. The things he does on the tennis court are other wordly, and routinely leaves his opponents in slack jawed awe. SI's "Americanism" is an embarassment for this aged old publication. Federer has won 9 slams, and is widely held as the greatest tennis player of all time, and yet he hasn't even been on the cover. Of course, were he American it would be different. All they care about is selling magazines in America, not the substance of their choice.

As for Wade, he's not even the best player in his league, much less the world. Federer dominates the World stage, while Wade flopped at the Championships. Just a hyped American, which is apparently good enough for SI. Perhaps the voters for this award were the refs who continuously put him at the line with those ridiculous phantom calls.

I love Wade, he is a tremendous talent and a class act which is refreshing to see in the NBA, but I don't think he should have won.

phinman1 said:
This selection is a complete and utter JOKE! I get SI, and my subscription is running out, and I'm not going to renew it.

Roger Federer is clearly Sportsman of the Year. This guy is an historic athlete, the epitomy of style, class and grace both on and off the court. The things he does on the tennis court are other wordly, and routinely leaves his opponents in slack jawed awe. SI's "Americanism" is an embarassment for this aged old publication. Federer has won 9 slams, and is widely held as the greatest tennis player of all time, and yet he hasn't even been on the cover. Of course, were he American it would be different. All they care about is selling magazines in America, not the substance of their choice.

As for Wade, he's not even the best player in his league, much less the world. Federer dominates the World stage, while Wade flopped at the Championships. Just a hyped American, which is apparently good enough for SI. Perhaps the voters for this award were the refs who continuously put him at the line with those ridiculous phantom calls.
dont hate on Wade..hes a special player in this league and he just won a championship..look what he did for the Miami community and everywhere else...hes like no other on and off the court..dont tell me he doesnt deserve this because thats bs

atleast they gave this award to someone that deserves it and Dwyane Wade is that

SI goofed here. I agree with Dan Patrick that Buck O'Neill should have gotten the nod for sportsmen of the year. The way he has put his own ego aside and championed the cause for the negro league players to get into the hall of Fame while never complaining about himself not being in (and rightfully should be), is incredible. He was and still is a true ambassador of the game of Baseball and it is criminal how often he is overlooked for things like this.

Wade is a good player in the NBA, but I can think of about 10 other people who deserve this award before him.

phinman1 said:

The fact of the matter is right now wade is the best player in the league right now, hes a star player coming off a championship team. Until LeBron or Kobe gets another title or comes close Wade should be labeled the best.

Also why would they give it to a tennis player? Not alot of people in America follow Tennis, let alone a foregin tennis player.

Now if they wanted to give the award to Peyton Manning Manning, LaDanian Tomlinson, Albert Pujos or someone like that fine. I wouldn't even have complained if it was Kobe or LeBron, but Wade has his own arguments over them as well

UCFinfan86 said:
The fact of the matter is right now wade is the best player in the league right now, hes a star player coming off a championship team. Until LeBron or Kobe gets another title or comes close Wade should be labeled the best.

Also why would they give it to a tennis player? Not alot of people in America follow Tennis, let alone a foregin tennis player.

Now if they wanted to give the award to Peyton Manning Manning, LaDanian Tomlinson, Albert Pujos or someone like that fine. I wouldn't even have complained if it was Kobe or LeBron, but Wade has his own arguments over them as well

Not a lot of American people follow tennis? First off, that's crap, secondly is that your basis for this award? Only Americans should get it? Hey, you fit right in with the people SI is marketing to. Not many people follow cycling either, yet Armstrong won it multiple times I believe.

phinman1 said:
Not a lot of American people follow tennis? First off, that's crap, secondly is that your basis for this award? Only Americans should get it? Hey, you fit right in with the people SI is marketing to. Not many people follow cycling either, yet Armstrong won it multiple times I believe.

Um Lance Armstrong is American, why should Americans care about Federer? If Armstrong was European he most likely wouldn't have won alot of his awards.

And to say that alot of Americans follw tennis is ridicolous. I don't know of 1 person that follows tennis

UCFinfan86 said:
Um Lance Armstrong is American, why should Americans care about Federer? If Armstrong was European he most likely wouldn't have won alot of his awards.

And to say that alot of Americans follw tennis is ridicolous. I don't know of 1 person that follows tennis

You are basically agreeing with me that SI only rewards Americans, which I think is bogus. To help you along, my point about Armstrong went to you stating nobody cared about tennis, well who cares about cycling?

Oh, so you don't know of one person who follows tennis? That means little to nothing. Hey, I know a lot of NBA fans, and we all hate Wade.

phinman1 said:
You are basically agreeing with me that SI only rewards Americans, which I thing is bogus.

Oh, so you don't know of one person who follows tennis. That means little to nothing. Hey, I know a lot of NBA fans, and we all hate Wade.

Ok well there is a difference. Wade won it in a popular sport. Why give it to a guy in a little known sport.

SI Does only reward Americans, which i like. I dont want to read about some foreign guy that i couldn't care less about

phinman1 said:
You are basically agreeing with me that SI only rewards Americans, which I think is bogus. To help you along, my point about Armstrong went to you stating nobody cared about tennis, well who cares about cycling?

Oh, so you don't know of one person who follows tennis. That means little to nothing. Hey, I know a lot of NBA fans, and we all hate Wade.

Would you please stop editting your posts after i respond to them?

How hard is it to understand, if Federer was an American he might have won the award. But hes not so get off his dick and go write about how much you hate Wade

UCFinfan86 said:
Would you please stop editting your posts after i respond to them?

How hard is it to understand, if Federer was an American he might have won the award. But hes not so get off his dick and go write about how much you hate Wade

I'll tell you what, I'll stop editing if you learn how to spell. Funny you talk about me getting off Federer, when you slurp Wade 24/7

phinman1 said:
I'll tell you what, I'll stop editing if you learn how to spell. Funny you talk about me getting off Federer, when you slurp Wade 24/7

Really? its funny because i don't "slurp" Wade. Go find some post where i talk about Wade.

UCFinfan86 said:
Really? its funny because i don't "slurp" Wade. Go find some post where i talk about Wade.

You kidding? The last thing I want to do is read more of your posts. Let's just stop our little conversation, it's going nowhere.

phinman1 said:
You kidding? The last thing I want to do is read more of your posts. Let's just stop our little conversation, it's going nowhere.

LOL go find me one post where im talking up Wade as the best player in the NBA. I have never said that, i have said that he is top 3 with Bron and Kobe. Just because your basketball team blows, don't gotta hate on Wade

Back
Top Bottom