Dallas cowboys draft board leaked, see our picks rated by their board | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dallas cowboys draft board leaked, see our picks rated by their board

Navorro Bowman in the first round just proves once again that the Cowboys under Jerry Jones inevitably turn into a non-cheap version of the Bengals.

Musings:

- Tyson Alualu, who the Jags took at 10 is about 22nd on their board if you look down at the bottom of the first column. He's listed just ahead of the TE Gresham at the very bottom of the picture, who the Bengals took at 21.

- The last name in column 2 (round 2?) at about #16 is Jimmy Clausen. I find it hard to believe they actually had him pegged as the #48 person in the draft which is where he ended up being picked.

- Is that a 3rd round grade (column 3 at the top) on T Anthony Davis who SF took at 11 in round 1? They must have thought that was an amazing reach....and didn't they move ahead of us by a spot just to take him?

- Looks like they had a high 2nd round grade on Brandon Graham who the Eagles took at 13 in the 1st round.

- Patrick Robinson was a high 3rd rounder on their board, not the last player in round 1 where the Saints took him.

- They had Toby Gerhart as a mid 3rd rounder and not a mid 2nd where the Vikings took him.

- The Cowboys apparently only had a mid 3rd round grade on Rodger Saffold who the Rams took at the top of round 2.

- They had CB Kareem Jackson as a 2nd round pick who the Texans took at the 20 spot in round 1. You can barely make it out under they guy's forearm (you see a ,K and Hou 1-20). BUT....the number above that one is either 1-26 or 1-25....so that's either Tim Tebow they have as a 2nd rounder or NT Dan Williams who went to the Cards in round 1. That's about player #42 if I've counted down the list correctly. And that's two spots lower than Taylor Mays who is just ABOVE the guy's forearm (to the left of his wristwatch).

That's all I got.

I would 'guess' most have several different Draft Boards. All will be very careful not to make a mistake & miss their guy or a bargain.

Board 1: Ranking all the Players (these are the numbers we see)
Board 2: Their 'targeted players', placing them where they may be drafted
Board 3: (picture we see) The Tally Board WHERE DRAFTED Players with their Rankings are recorded, to ID trends/needs of other teams.

All will try to get their Board 2 Targeted Players (& watch them like a hawk) .... but might use Board 1 to ID a great value ... while watching Board 3 (the picture) to anticipate what others will do or possible trades.

FYI ... Zoom with your browser & easier to see.
i.e. They have Jerry ranked 3-23, but accidently put him in the 4th-Round column & NOT 3rd Col where we drafted him .. probably just a mistake.

Anyway ... every team is going to rank different & 90+% aren't around 5 years. So fun, but doesn't really matter as everyone has a high failure rate.

NO AJ Edds anywhere I can see from Rds 1-7. Whatever name is under his hand in the mid-third round is a short one. Might have had Edds there?

uhmmm, it's real easy to see what this is. It was the Cowboys Mock draft on where they thought players were going according to their insider talk with teams and guesstimations.

After each name they put the round and selection number once they were picked to reflect where the player really went.

I have no idea where all of these other complex explanations are coming from, because they don't match up to what people are saying.

uhmmm, it's real easy to see what this is. It was the Cowboys Mock draft on where they thought players were going according to their insider talk with teams and guesstimations.

After each name they put the round and selection number once they were picked to reflect where the player really went.

I have no idea where all of these other complex explanations are coming from, because they don't match up to what people are saying.

And how exactly would that help the Cowboys make their picks?? That would be utterly useless. They are clearly ranked by preference. The players with higher grades are at the top. Not sure why that sounds so complex. As the players are drafted, the magnetic strips are removed from the board and replaced with team, round, and overall pick number. Sounds simple enough to me.

And how exactly would that help the Cowboys make their picks??
wait, so you dont' think NFL teams mock out before hand how they think the other teams are going to pick?

Honestly, sometimes I wonder how I have kept coming back here for so long.

So Jerry Jones is really just in charge of measuring his mock draft vs the actual draft picks..... interesting. And we all thought he actually was in control of the Cowboys draft itself. That's quite a scoop. You should inform ESPN!

wait, so you dont' think NFL teams mock out before hand how they think the other teams are going to pick?

Honestly, sometimes I wonder how I have kept coming back here for so long.

In THAT friggin picture (you know... the one that started this whole thread) the players are ranked by grade. The only purpose in GUESSING how OTHER teams will draft is for trade purposes. Your attitude is deplorable. If you knew as much as you think you do, you would've understood this from the start.

So Jerry Jones is really just in charge of measuring his mock draft vs the actual draft picks..... interesting. And we all thought he actually was in control of the Cowboys draft itself. That's quite a scoop. You should inform ESPN!

lol yes apparently the whole point of the draft is to create a mock draft and compare where they go vs where you thought they would go. I always thought teams drafted the players THEY graded the highest.... I had it all wrong!

its not a mock draft, they only listed 16 players for the 2nd round... how can that be a mock?

i dont know why this is confusing to anyone... they start the draft with cards listing every player in columns by their round grade, and then listed in order in that round... after they were picked they removed the cards and wrote down the name, who picked them, and when...

anyway love seeing this kind of stuff, i always am fascinated by scouting and how teams truly feel about players...

In THAT friggin picture (you know... the one that started this whole thread) the players are ranked by grade. The only purpose in GUESSING how OTHER teams will draft is for trade purposes. Your attitude is deplorable. If you knew as much as you think you do, you would've understood this from the start.

lol yes apparently the whole point of the draft is to create a mock draft and compare where they go vs where you thought they would go. I always thought teams drafted the players THEY graded the highest.... I had it all wrong!
errr, as stated already, teams have multiple boards they are constantly working from, changing things around, etc. I'm sure this mock board is just one of many.

Really folks, stop trying to be so "smart" and 1-upping everyone, and try a little common sense before you post.

errr, as stated already, teams have multiple boards they are constantly working from, changing things around, etc. I'm sure this mock board is just one of many.

Really folks, stop trying to be so "smart" and 1-upping everyone, and try a little common sense before you post.

it is their draft board...you seem to be the only one who can't see that.

if it was their 'mock draft' why do they not have 32 players in each column.

do you not notice that S.Lee the player they traded up for is listed in the first column (the name is obstructed, but you can easily see the 2-55, which is where they picked him)....because they had a first round grade on him, which is why they traded up to make sure they got him.

multiple boards? that sounds like a great way to stay organized.....besides you always hear coaches and GM's talk about staying true to their 'boards'.

Schelprock is simply getting owned in this thread. That doesn't even make sense to be a mock draft. Why? They don't have 32 teams per round on their board.

The reason for that is not all players fit the 3-4 or their offensive scheme, so they don't have them ranked.

To think this is a mock is quite foolish, and to have the ****y attitude and be so wrong is high comedy.

Back
Top Bottom