Damon signs with Yanks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damon signs with Yanks

I wonder now if that rumor a few weeks ago may not have been so much a rumor.

Beltran for Manny?

God I hope it was a rumor, as a Met fan I don't want that.

Ray Finkle said:
I guess Damon was just a whore for the money.

THEY ALL ARE!!!!!!!! You think these guys have loyalty?

1) No players care about the fans
2) Players will always go to the highest bidder
3) A city is a city is a city......these guys will go anywhere and play, its just a different jersey and hat.

Example:::: Roger Clemens said he will only play for Houston, Texas, NYY,, or Boston. You don't think if say....Seattle offered him what he wanted money wise he wouldn't go there for a year! LOL...please SEATTLE HERE COMES THE ROCKET!

These guys are all the same. MONEY MONEY MONEY! Everything else (including the outcomes of the games) are secondary.

Ray Finkle said:
The Yankees have a very very impressive line up on paper. However pitching wins championships.

Tell that to the Angles of 2002!

Paul Konerko (Sorry if spelled wrong) did not go for the money.

Yes most do, but you can't say all.

Phinz4Life said:
Randy Johnson
Mike Mussina
Shawn Chacon
Chien-Ming Wang
Carl Pavano
(Dont really want to mention, but, Jaret Wright)

Spot Starter: 10-0 Aaron Small

With the bullpen additions, and the lineup, I'm liking it.

The bullpen is looking vastly improved for the Yanks. And Boston has yet to improve their pen. You have to figure with Damon and Manny OUT in Boston they won't score as many runs as they did last year.......and if they don't improve that bullpen ASAP then its gonna be a long year in Fenway.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Paul Konerko (Sorry if spelled wrong) did not go for the money.

Yes most do, but you can't say all.

99.9%

RWhitney014 said:
Aaron Small is nothing to write home about. He had a fantastic 2005 but is just as liable to go 0-10 in 2006. Wright stinks. Pavano is unhappy. Wang is good. Mussina is getting older, and Johnson ain't no spring chicken, either. The lineup is strong as usual, but I'd have to agree that the rotation leaves plenty to be desired.

Bottom line though.....From starters, to middle relief, to closer.......the Yanks have the best pitching in the AL East.

Boston has no bullpen or closer and are hoping Schilling can return to his old form. He MIGHT be washed up. Baltimore has nothing. Tampa has nothing. Toronto has a little pitching but nothing special and not as good as the Yanks pitching.

PressCoverage said:
Here's a name i've heard in some circles... Torii Hunter?... a free agent after '06, but the Twins would ask for a lot...

If you can wait till July you will get him cheap. Problem is Boston might be 15 out by July and the move might not be needed.

SMadison29 said:
Yankees just keep getting older, though I like the line-up

CF-Damon (L)
SS-Jeter (R)
3B-ARod (R)
1B-Giambi (L)
RF-Sheffield (R)
LF-Matsui (L)
C-Posada (S)
DH-?????
2B-Cano (R)

Close........NY will get someone to play 1B and will let Giambi DH and just hit.

And don't be surprised if Pavano is moved to get NY a top prospect to use as future trade bait or a first basemen.

MikeO said:
Close........NY will get someone to play 1B and will let Giambi DH and just hit.

And don't be surprised if Pavano is moved to get NY a top prospect to use as future trade bait or a first basemen.

They'll have a hard time moving Pavano for much value with that contract and his injury.

God, I wish the Mets had hung onto Cameron a bit longer now. Surely the Red Sox would have given up something better than Xavier Nady in a deal.

and if you don't produce you're gonna be booed out of NY.

Are you saying that if he didn't produce in Boston he wouldn't have been booed?

FaninPatsyLand said:
Blah, Blah, Blah..

Pitching wins, bottom line. Mussina, Pavano, Wright, Small and quite possibly Chacon (i'll hold off judgement on him) are all garbage.

That's a little harsh. Mussina is what he has always been, a quality pitcher but not great. Pavano when healthy is good and hopefully he's back and healthy, Wright is garbage, Small cannot be counted on, Wang looks for real as does Chacon and can randy hold off Father Time another year?

You guys have as many SP issues as we do w/ the way Schilling looked and the while Beckett has star ability he has never consistently pitched the way he did in the WS. who do you have after that? Wakefiled always kills us but gets killed by the rest of the league, Clement is a joke, are you coutning on Papelbon already?

I wanted a defensive CF but Damon at the top of this order is too tantalizing plus the added bonus that it weakens you guys helps too. That's a BIG hole in your lineup. As of now the yanks look to be the best team but we'll see how each staff holds up.

MikeO said:
THEY ALL ARE!!!!!!!! You think these guys have loyalty?

1) No players care about the fans
2) Players will always go to the highest bidder
3) A city is a city is a city......these guys will go anywhere and play, its just a different jersey and hat.

Example:::: Roger Clemens said he will only play for Houston, Texas, NYY,, or Boston. You don't think if say....Seattle offered him what he wanted money wise he wouldn't go there for a year! LOL...please SEATTLE HERE COMES THE ROCKET!

These guys are all the same. MONEY MONEY MONEY! Everything else (including the outcomes of the games) are secondary.

Really Mike? Thanks I didn't know that about 90% of sports figures just care about money. I was stating the obvious as were you.

MikeO said:
Tell that to the Angles of 2002!

I'm confused are you trying to say that the Angels had no pitching in 2002? Wow, Washburn was a Cy Young candidate, Lackey had a hell of a rookie year and was very good, Appier pitched well down the strench too. And people were calling Ramon Ortiz "little Pedro" in 2002. As for the pen, Percival, K-Rod and Donnelly. The Angels had no pitching? :confused:

They won because they had pitching.

Back
Top Bottom