Dan LeBatard providing Toilet Paper for all...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan LeBatard providing Toilet Paper for all......

Man you have to feel sorry for a guy who made millions of dollars and got a free college education for playing a game we all wish we could. I feel sorry for guys who do put in maximum effort and get thier carrer cut short. Not in the money aspect but for the fact they can not do what they love anymore. i think Leretard is making accusations agian without proof about drug use. Yet he feels it is ok by saying there are more players who do not use drugs. Then he goes on to take the guaranteed part of the union contracts in account. I think that you have to look at it from this perspective. You can not pay a guy for services not rendered. I mean you guarantee a guy 6 mil a year and he gets hurt like D Boston did,and God forbid he never plays again. Then you end up paying a guy 6 million dollars for never playing a game. I feel sorry for the player and i think his medical should be covered and he should recieve a settlement just like you and me if we were injured on the job. I just do not think anyone should get paid for services never rendered. Hell if we went by that then pay me for my services in advace and if i do not show up to save you you can fire me but you will not get your money back.

texasPHINSfan said:
whats the big deal? did any of you read the article. its all truth. so you can be mad at him all day long, he only tells it like it is. Football IS a business. O-Gun IS underpaid.

so whats the problem?

I agree. I think we're the only ones who read the article.

It's called "disassociation".

This guy is a dumbass. How can anyone complain about playin in the NFL. Come on!!! Lebatard u r a retard. Sure when they get older there bodies may be crumbling and they may go through pain during the season but hey these guys live very very priveleged lives. I mean for god sakes, even guys at the bottom of the depth charts are bringing home more money than 95% of America. True we don't go through the physical pain that comes with the game. But then again how many fans leave the stadium after the game on sunday, hop in their ferrari, drive to their south florida mansion, have their chef make them dinner and so on. Maybe my view is a little bit different but I would give anything to have half the ability that guys buried on the depth chart have. I wouldn't mind cashing in that pay check to play what ultimately is and always will be a GAME. I mean come on I kno that NFL players risk their health and well being but so do cops, firefighters, soldiers, etc. and what do they get in return?? a hell of alot less. So this argument is so BS, and yes Lebatard it is easy to rip selfish players from our seats thats because it is wrong for them to be so selfish and greedy when they already live such a privileged life.

"Dumpster Diver"

CharlestonPhan said:
simply stated, LeBatard has figured out the age old modicum: any publicity is good publicity. he adores RW because he has seen his name recognition and marketability go up due to his status as Ricky's chosen spokesman. he, like many print and television journalists, views sports fans as dumb, and beneath him, therefore it is his burden to enlightened us.

bottom line, he is playing a character on TV every chance he gets, in order to make more money down the line. and even if we are saying how much we dislike him, we are still talking about him and giving him that publicity.

Exactly. I'll never post a link to his articles again. I think his opinion is not worthy of discussion. (To beat all) He writes an article scathing the game on the day that the greats of the game are celebrated. He has no class.

He is Dan "Dumpster Diver" Lebatard.

texasPHINSfan said:
i do think its the truth, although he does sensationalize it a little too much. Subtract an ounce of drama, and he sums it up with that article. Keep in mind your average NFL lifespan is only 6 years or so.... You will only get one or two contracts that are real paydays for the average NFL player. They need to look out for themselves, and make sure they will get paid - that way if an injury comes around that either permanently kicks them out of football, or an injury like Boston's that may result in decreased production which results in decreased contract sizes!

Some contracts out there are ridiculous, like Peyton's last year, or all these rookies coming and and "holding out" for $40m contracts - that is ridiculous. But for players like O-gun..... i wholeheartedly agree with what he's doing, and i think the dolphins should stop being pansies and step up and pay.
See, this is what bugs me... how come nobody cries for poor James Irsay, who already doesn't have that much money, and still gives out a whole lot for Manning? And a lot of it in guarantees...

I'm all for players looking out for themselves, but as someone else posted, they know what they get into...

A case could be made both ways. So why only chew on fans?

If being an NFL football player is so bad. THEN QUIT!

Hey, 99% of those guys got a free college education, they are MORE than qualified to do something else with their lives. LOL Get a stable job with loyalty, no pain, and where they aren't treated crappy. Put that free college education to work!

Nobody is forcing ANYBODY to play in the NFL!

TerryTate said:
and like ive said before, its so easy to criticize...

If you think about what you wrote, you will realize the problem with his articles.

Muck said:
I agree. I think we're the only ones who read the article.

It's called "disassociation".

I read it. Sorry if I don't feel sorry for millionaire football players. I made a hell of a lot less, working 10 times as hard, and facing a hell of a lot more physical and mental danger. It was doing something that football players often associate themselves with, though unfoundedly. Ahh, the military.

I don't hate Lebatard though. He is a writer. A writer's job, like any artist's, is to evoke a reaction. The easiest way to do that is to write stuff that will piss people off. Anger is a reaction. Whether or not everybody read the article, I am sure most at least clicked on it and browsed it. He drew readers.

Section126 said:
This is one Dumbass article.....Do they actually pay this guy to write? Is this really his job?

Toilet paper Material.

I'd read the article too, and this is one thing I totally agree with you on. There are some things he says that have some truth to it, but still as with most things he writes and says, his delivery sucks. He is a pompous, self important, arrogant jerk IMO. It didn't take this article, or the recent things to do with RW to form that opinion either.
Many refer to him as La Bastard, but that is an insult to self respecting bastards everywhere and maybe someday when someone wants to hurl that expletive at another, they'll refer to them as a dirty la batard rather than the current conventional use of the term.

Gonzo said:
I read it. Sorry if I don't feel sorry for millionaire football players. I made a hell of a lot less, working 10 times as hard, and facing a hell of a lot more physical and mental danger. It was doing something that football players often associate themselves with, though unfoundedly. Ahh, the military.

I don't hate Lebatard though. He is a writer. A writer's job, like any artist's, is to evoke a reaction. The easiest way to do that is to write stuff that will piss people off. Anger is a reaction. Whether or not everybody read the article, I am sure most at least clicked on it and browsed it. He drew readers.
Nice sum up.

I e mailed "Le Bastard" earlier this week. I asked why he's so hard on us. And if he has such a problem with this team why doesn't he go up to Massachusetts and cover the Patriots. He replied "Controversy sells, What good IS there to write about this team" I simply told him he could talk about Jeno, JT, Howard, how good our draft was. (It was pretty good IMO) Still waiting on a reply. He's a real douche bag.

Controversy sells he says? He should get a job writing for the National Enquirer.

I disagree that it's the only thing that sells. Most long time Dolphins fans, South Florida sports fans in general and readers of the Herald, seem to think fondly of Edwin Pope and he is probably the most consistently positive writer that ever covered the Dolphins. AS a writer imo, La batard will never be more than a pimple on Pope's butt.

I like Schad the most. IMO he actually cares about the Dolphins and wants to see them do well. That weird lookin dude from the sentinel isn't bad (Skolnick?). Le Batard is just happy to be getting TV time.

Dolfan73 said:
I like Schad the most. IMO he actually cares about the Dolphins and wants to see them do well. That weird lookin dude from the sentinel isn't bad (Skolnick?). Le Batard is just happy to be getting TV time.

Skolnick is one of my favorites. I like his writing and he's a pretty stand up guy. He has answered every question I have asked of him, unlike most writers.

Back
Top Bottom