Dan LeBatard providing Toilet Paper for all...... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan LeBatard providing Toilet Paper for all......

I think overall the Sun-Sentinel has the best writers. I also like Alex Marvez besides Skolnick. They seem to try to stick to facts, aren't full of themselves and think they are bigger than the game.
La batard is my least favorite Dolphins writer, I'd even put him below Armando Salguero.

Section126 said:
This is one Dumbass article.....Do they actually pay this guy to write? Is this really his job?

Toilet paper Material.

he is one of the best sports writers out there..."the edwin pope of our generation" oh and that qoute came from shula,mandich and many others.

the guy is a very intelligent writer and some people just can't grasp his views...that said ricky took him for a joy ride...but thats the price he paid for befriending ricky 6 years ago.

and with regards to the article i think he is 100% correct.

MrClean said:
Controversy sells he says? He should get a job writing for the National Enquirer.

I disagree that it's the only thing that sells. Most long time Dolphins fans, South Florida sports fans in general and readers of the Herald, seem to think fondly of Edwin Pope and he is probably the most consistently positive writer that ever covered the Dolphins. AS a writer imo, La batard will never be more than a pimple on Pope's butt.

obvoiusly you have a different view then his peers where he is highly regarded...oh and edwin pope is a big fan of lebatards.

chevysales said:
he is one of the best sports writers out there..."the edwin pope of our generation" oh and that qoute came from shula,mandich and many others.

the guy is a very intelligent writer and some people just can't grasp his views...that said ricky took him for a joy ride...but thats the price he paid for befriending ricky 6 years ago.

and with regards to the article i think he is 100% correct.
Oh please. He takes the OPPOSITE stance one very issue in which the public is standing behind. Go to ESPNradio.com and listen to Tony Kornheiser make him his ***** on his old show last year. He yelled at Dan and showed him to be a fool.

Its still up on the ESPNRadio website. Great listening!

texasPHINSfan said:
whats the big deal? did any of you read the article. its all truth. so you can be mad at him all day long, he only tells it like it is. Football IS a business. O-Gun IS underpaid.

so whats the problem?

You seriously need to rethink your stand. No one is arguing that this isn't a business, however, LeBatard seems to think that O-Gun or any player for that matter, don't owe us, the fans, anything. I'll tell you what, they owe us ALOT. Huyzenga doesn't pay them, he just signs the checks. We, the fans, the people that pay $350 for a pair of overpriced tickets, the people that pay DirecTV $200 to watch every Fins game, the people who pay $79 for a Jersey, the people who pay $6 for a damn beer at the stadium, the people that approve that they receive a city tax so that their local team can have a better stadium, the people who buy a product because it is endorsed by the NFL, their local team or an athlete, those are the people that pay him. You think that NFL teams would have the money they do if fans weren't willing to pay for all of these overpriced things? You think that owners pay for that player payroll from their other business' and from their own pocket? The answer is no. In some way or another, WE, the fans, pay for the team's payroll. So, does O-gun owe me somthing? Yes, he does. Every player on that Miami Dolphins team owes me something.

chevysales said:
obvoiusly you have a different view then his peers where he is highly regarded...oh and edwin pope is a big fan of lebatards.

Who gives a crap what his peers think? The last I looked his peers' were high-fiving at the out-come of a Finless playoffs last winter.

I never read the Herald because of him.
Not the comics.
Not nuthing.

--Ross

chevysales said:
If you are a writer, IMO, it is much more important what the readership thinks of you than your so called peers. Of course, Pope is not going to say anything negative publically about La Batard, he is too much of a gentleman for that.

Back
Top Bottom