Dan Marino: General Manager? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Marino: General Manager?

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
(12-23-2003) Dan Marino: General Manager?

There is speculation that Wayne has asked Dan Marino to ask former players and current players about head coaches and that Huzienga has asked Marino if He "could" do the job of GM. I have also heard that you might see Dan Marino be Team President in the near future.

Wayne is such a celebrity hoe.

I like the celebrity hoe line. I wonder if Danny would make a good GM. Personally, I think he would make a better coach than GM but who knows. Perhaps bring him in to be our future qb coach? That way when no one plays up to his standards, he can say to hel with it and suit back up. :lol:

Hello Sect126, how good are your sources?

GOOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

I think Dan Marino having anything to do with this franchise would be positive, no matter what ;) .

I heard around the time Dave took over that he(Dave) didnt want anything to do with Dan and thats why Dan retired. Like Dan knew Dave was taking over and Dave didnt want him to be his QB. Not sure if this is true and I personally dont believe it, but thats what I heard(I dont remember where I heard this though).

Dave wanted Dan to play one year and Dan resented ANY coach telling him when to hang it up...so instead of playing the one and done...he went out on his terms.....(Hank Goldberg's story)

I truly doubt that Dan Marino will be interested in any high focus / intense pressured f-o position ....

I believe that he will show interest in that he will offer advice to W Huizenga if asked but his businesses and charity work are his major concerns...

With his HBO and NFL today gigs that (imho) are as close as Marino wants to get back into the game ......

:D

Marino1983

I think it would put a tremendous amount of pressure on our active QB (whomever that is at the time)...

I mean its hard enough to try tolive up to the standard that Marino set and fill his shoes...(no one can), But now Dan would be the QB's boss? Talk about playing in someone's shadow, any Dolphins QB almost literally would be.

However, the thought JUST struck me... there is ONE quarterback that I can think of that COULD handle that kind of pressure, scrutiny, and constant comparison...
...ELI MANNING...

This kid has had to play (AND SUCCEED) in the shadow of not only his father, but his Hall of Fame bound brother as well...

Hell yea, thats the ticket!

Marino\Manning in 04!

Originally posted by 13isgr81
I think it would put a tremendous amount of pressure on our active QB (whomever that is at the time)...

I mean its hard enough to try tolive up to the standard that Marino set and fill his shoes...(no one can), But now Dan would be the QB's boss? Talk about playing in someone's shadow, any Dolphins QB almost literally would be.

However, the thought JUST struck me... there is ONE quarterback that I can think of that COULD handle that kind of pressure, scrutiny, and constant comparison...
...ELI MANNING...

This kid has had to play (AND SUCCEED) in the shadow of not only his father, but his Hall of Fame bound brother as well...

Marino\Manning in 04!

:woot:

Originally posted by 13isgr81

...ELI MANNING...

Marino\Manning in 04!

I think your getting ahead of yourself. In order for us to have any hope Eli we need to get rif of Fiedler. Fiedler wont play as a back-up and Wanny wont fire him. As much as I hate Wanny, and i REALLY HATE WANNY, I honestly dont think he will be fired. I hope he is, but I doubt it.

Besides we dont even know what Eli is going to be like in the NFL. I can think of another QB pairing where one brother is good and the other stinks up the joint. The Hasselbecks. Eli might not be like his father and his older brother. We may just get another Brian Grese.

If we pick a QB with our 1st draft I would like to see Phillip Rivers in a Fins uni more then Eli.

All that said... I think he would make a good choice (if Rivers is takin) and I think he would do well with our Offence. He also LOOKS to have the talent of his brother. So only time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phillip Rivers will be a 3rd round pick (Mel Kiper)

Your'e crazy if you take him in the first round.

I would not want Dan as a coach OR GM. He has the talent and disposition for neither, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom