Dan Marino to star as "mentor who doesn't play by the rules" in Madden 18 story mode | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Marino to star as "mentor who doesn't play by the rules" in Madden 18 story mode

Since when was Marino ever a rebel?
I mean he allegeldy did cocaine and he does have a bastard child. And by all accounts he is a complete asshole, but "rebel"?

Since when was Marino ever a rebel?
I mean he allegeldy did cocaine and he does have a bastard child. And by all accounts he is a complete *******, but "rebel"?

Dan Marino is an epic **** talker who rebelled against the idea of working too hard or watching too much film, especially when he was new to the league. Marino is a blue collar Pittsburgh guy, a shot-and-a-beer guy (though he mostly seems to drink wine these days), a braggart who when you leave the bar with him will drive too close to you in the parking lot, honk his horn and yell "**** you" before he burns out onto the street.

There's a great story about him that Steve Sabol recounted during an interview with Dan. A reporter was new on the Dolphins beat. Marino went up, introduced himself saying, "Hi, I'm Dan Marino. It's a pleasure to meet you. But you ain't getting **** from me."

THIS is Dan Marino. Whether it's Marino in the game, who knows? I tend to doubt it. Which is too bad.

Last edited:
Dan Marino is an epic **** talker who rebelled against the idea of working too hard or watching too much film, especially when he was new to the league. Marino is a blue collar Pittsburgh guy, a shot-and-a-beer guy (though he mostly seems to drink wine these days), a braggart who when you leave the bar with him will drive too close to you, honk his horn and yell "**** you."

There's a great story about him that Steve Sabol recounted during an interview with Dan. A reporter was new on the Dolphins beat. Marino went up, introduced himself saying, "Hi, I'm Dan Marino. It's a pleasure to meet you. But you ain't getting **** from me."

THIS is Dan Marino. Whether this is the Marino will be in the game, who knows?

Epic post

Hi Guys

I didn't want to open a thread for this, so i thought i would post it in here. Since Madden 18 will be released this Friday (at least over here in Europe) I decided to create some own covers, since I don't want to have a game with Tom Brady on it in my shelf.

Actually I started just to do it for my own, but somehow i thought that maybe some people here on Finheaven would be interested too. There are different Covers for Playstation 4 and XBOX One. There are a Cameron Wake, a Adam Gase, two Jarvis Landry and one Dan Marino Cover, since he plays a major role in the story mode of the game. I have never posted anything here on Finheaven besides my introduction post, but i'm here reading almost every day, so i thought maybe you would like the covers too and maybe you want to use them. I'm not professional at all in editing pictures but I tried my best lol.

Here is the link, where you can download them: https://ibb.co/album/g2vUka

Dan Marino is an epic **** talker who rebelled against the idea of working too hard or watching too much film, especially when he was new to the league. Marino is a blue collar Pittsburgh guy, a shot-and-a-beer guy (though he mostly seems to drink wine these days), a braggart who when you leave the bar with him will drive too close to you in the parking lot, honk his horn and yell "**** you" before he burns out onto the street.

THIS is Dan Marino. Whether it's Marino in the game, who knows? I tend to doubt it. Which is too bad.

Haha Walrus that is fantastic. Hilarious video. I was a kid in Marino's glory days. Didn't know the "adult side" of him back then.

Marino da Goat..

I kinda wish they would've done the story mode like in NBA 2k, you use facial recognition to create your player, play any position you want, start in HS, go to college then if you play well in the 4 or 5 pre determined games you get a better rating and get drafted higher.

In between games there is cut scenes and you have dealings with your agent etc.

Hopefully they make it a legit story mode, like their superstar mode, but with an actual story now.

Marino da Goat..

I kinda wish they would've done the story mode like in NBA 2k, you use facial recognition to create your player, play any position you want, start in HS, go to college then if you play well in the 4 or 5 pre determined games you get a better rating and get drafted higher.

In between games there is cut scenes and you have dealings with your agent etc.

Hopefully they make it a legit story mode, like their superstar mode, but with an actual story now.

NOPE

It's more like you are watching pre-determined cut scenes, have a few choices to make, play questionable 'mini games' , and I'm just getting into the first actual game right now... played like maybe 45- to an hour so far?

NOPE

It's more like you are watching pre-determined cut scenes, have a few choices to make, play questionable 'mini games' , and I'm just getting into the first actual game right now... played like maybe 45- to an hour so far?
Ugh, hope they change that next year.

Ugh, hope they change that next year.

Yep. I mean I guess its okay to just waste some time on... I don't know how much making different choices would really change anything, but I guess it's decent for a "football movie". It seems to me, personally, like a lot of time wasted going into this that they could have put forth into franchise, OR- build a legitimate story mode like you described... and hell I could live without the face scan even lol just let us create any position and go. (create a player needs revamped too imo)

Sports games have "story" modes now? Geez, I'm getting really old -- I remember playing Madden on my Sega Genesis. How the hell does anyone find the time to play these games anymore?

My 20 year old played it and finished it already. He said it was pretty dumb and not worth the MUT rewards, even if you're in to MUT

Back
Top Bottom