Daniel Thomas is ... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daniel Thomas is ...

If Jonas Gray was better, I'd be fine with cutting Thomas now. Unfortunately, Thomas is our 2nd best back on the roster and we need to keep him for now.

He has NEVER been the second best back on the roster. He certainly wasnt last night either.

I loved him out of K-State. This has been disappointing. He has okay vision, okay speed, okay elusiveness...all just okay, none good.

Runs to high and doesn't hit the hole fast enough. Seems lackadasical. Prob gonna get cut

Is it bad that i want him to fail, rather than show some flashesmin preseason and waste a roster spot?

He's simply failed to live up to expectations the FO had for him when they drafted him. Thank goodness for Lamar Miller and Mike Gillislee.

Not sure why everyone is crying over Thomas.

Sure he hasn't lived up to the hype of a second round RB, but look at the 2011 draft. All of the 1-3 round RB's all disapointing.

1st Round - Mark Ingram (Saints, basically a borderline #2/3 RB for the Saints)

2nd Round - Ryan Willaims (Cards, Injury and now beaten out by Rashard Mendenhall), Shane Veeren (Pats, decent RB nothing special), Mikel Leshour (Lions, Injury and now beaten out by Reggie Bush), Daniel Thomas (Dolphins, decent RB nothing special and now beaten out by Miller)

3rd Round - DeMarco Murray (Cowboys, Explosive rookie year with a Sophmore slump), Stevan Ridley (Pats, average RB), Alexander Green (Packers, ????.....exactly),

2011 was just a very weak RB class and the Phins HAD to draft someone. It is what is it.

I would honestly take ANY of those Rbs over D.Thomas.

Not sure why everyone is crying over Thomas.

Sure he hasn't lived up to the hype of a second round RB, but look at the 2011 draft. All of the 1-3 round RB's all disapointing.

1st Round - Mark Ingram (Saints, basically a borderline #2/3 RB for the Saints)

2nd Round - Ryan Willaims (Cards, Injury and now beaten out by Rashard Mendenhall), Shane Veeren (Pats, decent RB nothing special), Mikel Leshour (Lions, Injury and now beaten out by Reggie Bush), Daniel Thomas (Dolphins, decent RB nothing special and now beaten out by Miller)

3rd Round - DeMarco Murray (Cowboys, Explosive rookie year with a Sophmore slump), Stevan Ridley (Pats, average RB), Alexander Green (Packers, ????.....exactly),

2011 was just a very weak RB class and the Phins HAD to draft someone. It is what is it.

What he avg last night like 1 yard per carry? I think my grandma could have done better than that..

He is not a Philbin type of player either, we all saw that last year on Hard Knocks. You have to be a workhorse to be an NFL running back and Thomas just doesn't have the "it" factor. He is expendable after what we saw from Miller and Gray last night, let Gillislee develope and play special teams, cut our losses with Thomas.

Ever since that hamstring injury his rookie year, he's never been the same. Never liked him. Glad we have Miller, Gillislee, and Gray

I still don't understand how this coaching staff wanted Thomas over Bush. Even Miller at this point. I hope they don't take long to cut Thomas. Hasn't been impressive at all.

Back
Top Bottom