Daniel Thomas | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daniel Thomas

He has awesome balance, does not go down on 1st hit, seems to have pretty good vision, some quick thinking to keep the play alive for a few more yards.

He looks like someone who, unlike Ronnie, won't dance at the line looking for his lane. He's just gonna go, and plow as many people as he can on his way there.

I'm liking this pick more and more every day. You don't need insane speed to be a good rb, like say Steven Jackson for example.

Steven Jackson is one of the players Daniel Thomas compares himself to.

There were a lot of good RBs left on the board. My hunch is that they really liked Mikel Leshore and Daniel Thomas. When LeShore was taken they were prepared to give up the other picks because they rated Thomas so highly. Unusual for them to give up picks like that.

This isn't a shot at DT but every time I watch that video I just think that there were other backs with his running ability still available. But there defiantly were not any backs with his hands and his pass protection ability so maybe that was a big part of the equation. I'm sure he'll be a successful RB and having a guy that can play every down allows us to seek out a 2nd RB that can fulfill the need for explosiveness. I'm never going to agree with the pick but I definitely don't have anything against DT and I'm sure he'll be successful. And who knows, maybe we'll get Barkley or Landry Jones next year. (Not getting Andrew Luck, the Panthers and Redskins will be very very very very very bad, and the Cardinals)

There were a lot of good RBs left on the board. My hunch is that they really liked Mikel Leshore and Daniel Thomas. When LeShore was taken they were prepared to give up the other picks because they rated Thomas so highly. Unusual for them to give up picks like that.

I agree with you and as you can see below a tope analyst did too. There were 4 backs with the required size and talent they were targeting and they were all off the board except Thomas when they traded up. They were Ingram, Leshore, William from VT and Thomas. Thats why they made the move they felt they could not gamble in this draft. I keep saying if they could have traded from the 15th pick the entire 1st half of our draft may have changed with that 2nd rounder. We may have gotter Ingram and or Pouncy then the 2nd round would have been either the offensive line or Thomas if the OL was picked in the first round which means Mallet might have been a phin today.

Rick Gosselin's NFL draft gems
A
Text Size

Published 30 April 2011 11:48 PM
Related items
Here are the draft picks viewed by NFL writer Rick Gosselin as the best values in each round:

First round - NICK FAIRLEY, DT, DETROIT: The Lions had a choice between DTs Ndamukong Suh and Gerald McCoy with the second overall pick in 2010. They took Suh. Fairley is better than McCoy, and the Lions got him at 13. A dynamic pass rusher.
Second round - DANIEL THOMAS, HB, MIAMI:
The prototypical big back in this draft at 6-0, 230 pounds, the Dolphins stole Thomas at the end of the round with the 62nd pick. He punished the Big 12 for 1,585 yards and 19 touchdowns last season.

He's comfortable at RB for only playing there a couple years. He's decisive, and he changes gears subtly (with good patience), which I had not not seen out of most of the other guys available.

Back
Top Bottom