"Davone Bess: the best WR you don't know" Tim Graham | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Davone Bess: the best WR you don't know" Tim Graham

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/7491/davone-bess-the-best-wr-you-dont-know

Dont know if this has been posted somewhere else, but the league and all these NFL "experts and analysts" seem to be taking notice of D.Bess, ive seen him and Henne on yahoo fantasy sports front page, espn, and nfl.com since the win over the Patsies,

Here are just some of the lines from this article

"That's right. Bess has gone from undrafted to a double-cover danger."

"He can separate from any defender, and it's tough to cover him," Henne said. "Last time we played the Patriots, [Bill] Belichick was on the sideline, yelling 'Why aren’t we pressing Davone?' He's a tough guy to press because he can beat you lateral, and he can beat you vertical, too."

"He kills linebacker coverage that he sometimes gets in the slot, but he also is put together pretty well and can outmuscle a lot of smaller nickel cornerbacks off the line of scrimmage. In the slot, he is a real handful when given a two-way go and has a very good feel for coverages and how to present himself open to his quarterback."

Enjoy the read, and having Bess on this team for years to come

He will be even better once this team places a #1 in the starting lineup.

Like many have said...

welker v.2.0 ... the similarities are pretty scary, the only differences i see between those two are skin color and jersey number

only this time, i hope the FO won't be dumb enough to get rid of him :rolleyes:

Like many have said...

welker v.2.0 ... the similarities are pretty scary, the only differences i see between those two are skin color and jersey number

only this time, i hope the FO won't be dumb enough to get rid of him :rolleyes:

The difference is that this regime doesn't have their collective heads up their arses. I'm pretty sure that they recognize what we have in Davone.

I can't fathom how he went undrafted. If you can catch in college, you can catch in the pros.

I like Davone. I agree he will get better with a #1 WR, but we definitely need another punt returner. He is sure handed, but not explosive as Welker on punts.

I like Bess a lot. His strength in breaking tackles and running after the catch. He looks good, but don't forget he had some big fumbles earlier in the season. He needs to hold onto the football.

Shouldn't the award of "best WR you don't know" go to Mike Sims Walker, considering Jaguars fans themselves don't even get to watch him play?

Back
Top Bottom