DE Kenny Holmes worked out with Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DE Kenny Holmes worked out with Fins

6 sacks in 9 games last year? not bad at all. Let's hope we can sign O-gun though.

If healthy, it is a good depth move at least. It helps put pressure on O-Gun to be flexible in his contract negotiations, and Holmes might be a pretty good starter opposite Taylor in the best case scenario.

Assuming he comes at a reasonable price.

Nothing wrong with veteran depth at de, I dont think we really replaced Burnett did we?

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
If healthy, it is a good depth move at least. It helps put pressure on O-Gun to be flexible in his contract negotiations, and Holmes might be a pretty good starter opposite Taylor in the best case scenario.

Assuming he comes at a reasonable price.
That's my first thought too... It makes the Dolphins appear to be moving on w/o O-Gun and can be looked at as a stratagy to make him not hold out for more. I hope for O-Gun's sake that Drew Rosenhaus knows what he's doing and doesn't cost him a season whether it be here or somewhere else. We need O-Gun in Miami!!! He's the only man in the league that truly gives balance to JT's presence on the other side.

Me thinks an ogun for a rb trade will happen...... thus we are looking at holmes

nyfinzfan said:
Me thinks an ogun for a rb trade will happen...... thus we are looking at holmes

I don't get the feeling we are gonna get good value in a Ogun for RB trade. Cuz it will pobably be Ogun straight up for M. Bennett :shakeno: , O.Smith :shakeno: , A. Thomas :shakeno:, or N. Davenpoop :shakeno: . All decent backs not worth Ogun straight up. We need to get a 1st or at least a 2nd rounder too.

I have to agree with the dolphins on this Ogun thing. No one made him sign the three year contract. How can you play 2 years, do well, (which is what they pay him to do) and then threaten to hold out because you want more money. Play out your existing contract and then break the bank. The dolphins took a chance on him ( signing him although he had a knee injury) and this is thier return on investment. As much as I like OGun I think he's wrong in this case. Jason Taylor had a bad year 2 years ago, and the dolphins didn't ask him to take a pay cut did they?

pigskinguy said:
I don't get the feeling we are gonna get good value in a Ogun for RB trade. Cuz it will pobably be Ogun straight up for M. Bennett :shakeno: , O.Smith :shakeno: , A. Thomas :shakeno:, or N. Davenpoop :shakeno: . All decent backs not worth Ogun straight up. We need to get a 1st or at least a 2nd rounder too.
I find it hard to believe that Speilman would make any of those trades player for player. I think this is a show of force to nOGUN and Drippy Rosenhaus. I hope we trade him (although I don't think there is adequate value available so it won't happen). My nerve is feeling tested. He may have to just sit in the stands with Drippy through week 12. I would still back Speilman.

i believe bennett,rudi johnson,onterrio, or davenport are all worth ogun talent and financial wise combined.

jjizzim said:
I have to agree with the dolphins on this Ogun thing. No one made him sign the three year contract. How can you play 2 years, do well, (which is what they pay him to do) and then threaten to hold out because you want more money. Play out your existing contract and then break the bank. The dolphins took a chance on him ( signing him although he had a knee injury) and this is thier return on investment. As much as I like OGun I think he's wrong in this case. Jason Taylor had a bad year 2 years ago, and the dolphins didn't ask him to take a pay cut did they?

OGUN needs to be accountable. Drippy Rosenhaus needs to shut up.

pigskinguy said:

I agree 100% Pigskin, there is no way we are going to get even or the better of this deal, unless we also get a #1 with it. Hard as I try, I can not see any RB out there right now that we will be able to get with Ogun, and it be worth it for us.:fire:

i like the idea of bringing him in u have to be ready for the worst meaning if they lose A.G. via trade

Back
Top Bottom