DeAndre Hopkins declares for draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeAndre Hopkins declares for draft

i have seen a lot of seperation. That is where the 18 TDs and 17+ypr come from. It is, of course, not against the best pass defenders in the country. Speed could be an issue at the next level. Sub 4.4 he is a legit WR1 for an NFL team. At 4.5 he is a WR2. At 4.6+ he is a good WR3 or possesion receiver.

He got separation against LSU, South Carolina, and FSU...that is pretty darned good competition.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Seems like a playmaker which means Ireland will not draft him....lol

Ozzy rules!!

I went to Clemson and I've seen him play more than most. If the Dolphins are looking for another OJ McDuffie in Miami this is your guy. Trade back a little in the first round and get him. He's worth it.

Loved McDuffie but I don't want another one right now. McDuffie was not fast. He was great at going up for the ball and at getting first downs, but we need speed now. Hartline/Bess = McDuffie.

Seems like a playmaker which means Ireland will not draft him....lol

Ozzy rules!!

Can we please try and keep these petty comments out of the draft section? The main forum has enough of this talk.

Great for him that he scores, that's more than any of our receivers now. The fact that Sammy Watkins didn't play would mean he would get more passes thrown his way which means more opportunities...he had 20+ passes thrown his way against LSU. Quinton Patton had 21 receptions for 233 yards and 4 TDs against Texas A&M should that make him the #12 overall pick for the Dolphins at WR?

Stats are nice, they get you noticed, but I don't judge entirely on stats. If everyone was judged entirely on stats QBs like David Klingler, Timmy Chang, Case Keenum would be 1st round picks. I have no issue with DeAndre Hopkins in the 2nd, but no way would I take him with the #12 overall pick.

I'd love Patton in the 2nd.

I'd love Patton in the 2nd.
Unfortunately I don't think he's going to get overlooked very long. He'll go in the 2nd but how early will be the question. I thought at the beginning of the year he would last till the 3rd but there's no possibility of that anymore. I think the secret is out on him. Especially when I keep seeing his name come up on NFL.com or ESPN and him being compared to Reggie Wayne.

Unfortunately I don't think he's going to get overlooked very long. He'll go in the 2nd but how early will be the question. I thought at the beginning of the year he would last till the 3rd but there's no possibility of that anymore. I think the secret is out on him. Especially when I keep seeing his name come up on NFL.com or ESPN and him being compared to Reggie Wayne.

Yeah, I've been seeing that too. I think he belongs in that group of late-1st/early-to-mid-2nd guys. I'd be happy to take him with our 1st 2nd. I think that's solid value, and I think he might be the safest WR in the whole class. Of course, a lot of it will depend upon the other WR we draft/sign. Their skill sets should compliment each other's.

truths got it right hopkins at #12 is too rich...i think patterson at #12 is too rich there also...as for patton i agree with truth also 2nd round there although he and t williams and that big body kid dobson could really help themselves senior bowl week...could be some risers on my board after that...could go the other way also though

miami should have plenty to choose from with that high 2nd rounder at wr if they choose to go that route...no excuses for ireland if the kid stinks...none

i don't like any te at #12 either...again it's too rich

the more you look at it and the quality of the depth at wr in the 2nd and 3rd rounds maybe the best option at #12 is pass rusher or corner...get the highest rated corner on the board heck you may be get the top guy if one of the pass rushers you covet is off the board...seems to make some sense i guess...

although i do think keenan allen is on the cusp of being worth that top 12 pick...and i do think he's gonna show well at the combine...tough stuff...is any corner all that impressive where you say he's worth that top pick though??? i don't know...banks has serious upside and milliners a guy that i don't feel like takes snaps off and he's put out some good tape this year...

and i know people don't want an ot that high and i get it but there is some good looking tackles out there this year...really is...you can get a day starting tackle anywhere in the top 20 in this class with ease imo...

im leaning towards going legit pass rusher with #12, if we get a choice between Dion Jordan/Werner/D. Moore its going to be difficult to pass up. I think it is imperative that we go out in FA and pick-up a legit #1 Wr, that way we can take our chances with one of our 2s to grab a speed demon...

i'd say around pick #42 is where ertz will come off...somewhere in the 40 to 50 range...unless he runs a bad # which i don't anticipate...i think he'll be in the mid 4.6's

Back
Top Bottom