DeAngelo Williams a must get for miami? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeAngelo Williams a must get for miami?

Omar Kelly needs to stop throwing crap at the wall.

If Jeff Ireland signs Deangelo Williams, then you KNOW he's a bum of a GM.

Running back is the best and easiest poistion to draft. It's the position that takes the least time to adjust to the NFL level. Every year rookie RBs enter the NFL and find success (see Packers 5th round pick James Starks as one of many, many examples).

Running backs also have the shortest shelf life so you'd have to be a total arse clown to give a big contract to a 28 year old vet RB.

Man, if Ireland does this, then I don't want to read any more posts of Dolfans defending him and crediting him with all our good moves and absolving him of all the bad moves. The ONLY link/proof of him making a good call over Tuna was Ware over Spears back in DAL. But for all we know Ireland has been just as much (if not more) responsible for every busted FA move and draft pick here for the last 3 years. And I'll know for sure that he's a damn fool if he signs Deangelo.

that would be the preffered route but we arent really stacked in draft picks and have too many holes to waste high ones on a RB. look late in the draft and FA IMO

Mid-to-late in the draft would be fine but just say NO to high-priced FA RBs who are pushing 30 years old for christ's sake!

Besides, if none of the top 4 QBs are there at 15, Mark Ingram might be the best value on the board so why not wait to see what happens on draft day before paying for Deangelo!?!?!?

Even if we trade down on draft day, I'd rather have Mikel Leshoure than Deangelo.

Here's a crazy idea - how about we use our FA $ for some f'n o-linemen!!!!

Draft your RB! IF a FA RB comes around for a steal then maybe but it's been proven that RB can be had late in draft. The shelf life is just too short and there is still too much of a risk to take one early.

Spend the money on the OL because with that the pass game and run game benefit. And PLEASE don't resign Ricky. The guy is done! You have to hold your breath when he carries it because he is a fumble waiting to happen. Ronnie is such a better RB in my opinion. BUT the way they used Ronnie I don't see how he is possibly resigned unless there is no FA and he comes back on the cheap. We need a speedster that can take it to the house and then you combine them with a Ronnie type that is the pounder as well as 3rd down pass catching back. RB has great hands but for whatever reason they had RW in on 3rd downs alot.

One last thing - Cobbs should NOT be an option at RB especially on 3rd downs! If I was Ronnie I would be calling NE and saying bring me in and you'll finally have your RB. We misused him big time this year. I think he is one of the most talented RB's in the game and should play all 3 downs. Team Ronnie with a burner and you have a tough tandem. BUT keep him in on 3rd down!!

If Jeff Ireland signs Deangelo Williams, then you KNOW he's a bum of a GM.

Running back is the best and easiest poistion to draft. It's the position that takes the least time to adjust to the NFL level. Every year rookie RBs enter the NFL and find success (see Packers 5th round pick James Starks as one of many, many examples).

Running backs also have the shortest shelf life so you'd have to be a total arse clown to give a big contract to a 28 year old vet RB.

Man, if Ireland does this, then I don't want to read any more posts of Dolfans defending him and crediting him with all our good moves and absolving him of all the bad moves. The ONLY link/proof of him making a good call over Tuna was Ware over Spears back in DAL. But for all we know Ireland has been just as much (if not more) responsible for every busted FA move and draft pick here for the last 3 years. And I'll know for sure that he's a damn fool if he signs Deangelo.

how do you figure?

how do you figure?

If he's stupid enough to spend big FA money on a 28 year old oft-injured RB like Deangelo Williams, then simple logic will tell me that Ireland is a dumbarse and he's to blame for our dumbarse personnel moves.

SIMPLE LOGIC

Deangelo is a special back when healthy. He is a "take it to the house" kind of runningback. Unfortunately, he can't stay healthy. For a modest contract, you HAVE to take him though. He does some amazing things on the football field.

Deangelo is a special back when healthy. He is a "take it to the house" kind of runningback. Unfortunately, he can't stay healthy. For a modest contract, you HAVE to take him though. He does some amazing things on the football field.

Good luck with that.

If he's stupid enough to spend big FA money on a 28 year old oft-injured RB like Deangelo Williams, then simple logic will tell me that Ireland is a dumbarse and he's to blame for our dumbarse personnel moves.

SIMPLE LOGIC

youre quote was stating that he should take the blame for all of our FA busts.. My question was, how do you figure those were his fault?

Back
Top Bottom