Dear Dolphins beat writers... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dear Dolphins beat writers...

"Wow, did Joe Philbin just point out that tons of media personalities are saying that Miami is making a huge mistake starting Ryan Tannehill, and that Ryan should tune that stuff out and focus on the game? And did he further suggest that media personalities are NOT bad people for saying these things? That we are merely doing our jobs and reporting our opinions for consumption? My God, this man is an *******!"

1. Great post by the OP

2. This is why Hard Knocks should not film EVERYTHING. A coach needs to be able to speak to his player(s) about issues without cameras filming it. In fact, I thought it would have been tactful if Philbin had secretly gone somewhere to catch a meal or something with Tannehill to discuss this stuff. All the guy was doing was warning Tannehill about what to expect and giving him advice on how to handle it. Granted, Tannehill seems like a bright kid so he probably wouldve been fine, but its Philbin's job to make sure of it. Its a discussion he has to have.

3. Those writers can take it how they want but, what Philbin said was truth. Many of them were going to question the decision to start Tannehill. All he did was point that out to the young QB. So just as the coach and QB must be able to handle such criticisms from the writer, the writer must be able to take some of his own medicine. Isnt that fair? In fact, the bosses over at the papers shouldve sat his writers down and explained now that Hard Knocks is filming, your jobs are going to be mentioned and the coaches are going to have to talk with the players about handling what you do.

4. It is absolutely true that these writers will paint a picture of a guy to try and either purposely bring heat on him if they do not like him or they will constantly make him out to be a great coach and person if they do like him. Philbin is in a no win situation with the media considering he is being filmed all the time.

And now you should realize Saban's ways of handling the media werent so bad. In fact, I always liked it. He basically gave a big FU to Omar and the gang right away and let them know whos boss. Those guys were going to consistantly try to make him look bad anyway, so why even deal with them. That way he didnt have to bother with the "those guys are just doing their jobs etc etc" that Philbin gave after he pointed out what was coming to Tannehill.

Saban wouldve been classic on Hard Knocks. :lol: He wouldve just told the truth and left it at that. No softening of the blow. He mightve even took it further and just said those guys are clueless. :lol: **** Omar.

1. Great post by the OP

2. This is why Hard Knocks should not film EVERYTHING. A coach needs to be able to speak to his player(s) about issues without cameras filming it. In fact, I thought it would have been tactful if Philbin had secretly gone somewhere to catch a meal or something with Tannehill to discuss this stuff. All the guy was doing was warning Tannehill about what to expect and giving him advice on how to handle it. Granted, Tannehill seems like a bright kid so he probably wouldve been fine, but its Philbin's job to make sure of it. Its a discussion he has to have.

3. Those writers can take it how they want but, what Philbin said was truth. Many of them were going to question the decision to start Tannehill. All he did was point that out to the young QB. So just as the coach and QB must be able to handle such criticisms from the writer, the writer must be able to take some of his own medicine. Isnt that fair? In fact, the bosses over at the papers shouldve sat his writers down and explained now that Hard Knocks is filming, your jobs are going to be mentioned and the coaches are going to have to talk with the players about handling what you do.

4. It is absolutely true that these writers will paint a picture of a guy to try and either purposely bring heat on him if they do not like him or they will constantly make him out to be a great coach and person if they do like him. Philbin is in a no win situation with the media considering he is being filmed all the time.

And now you should realize Saban's ways of handling the media werent so bad. In fact, I always liked it. He basically gave a big FU to Omar and the gang right away and let them know whos boss. Those guys were going to consistantly try to make him look bad anyway, so why even deal with them. That way he didnt have to bother with the "those guys are just doing their jobs etc etc" that Philbin gave after he pointed out what was coming to Tannehill.

Saban wouldve been classic on Hard Knocks. :lol: He wouldve just told the truth and left it at that. No softening of the blow. He mightve even took it further and just said those guys are clueless. :lol: **** Omar.

WV... Dude, Saban coaches college ball now. You got to let it go, man :lol:

I know the history of the "Saban debate", so i'll respectfully agree to disagree. I never thought he was all that great when he was HC here for the Dolphins :lol:

College, sure you can have that one. He is a great college ball coach.

top 5 quitter. Couldn't handle the big boys.

Omar? Is that you? You still mad cause Saban was more concerned with doing his job than worrying about you and your little buddies trying to get their bs stories together to print.

omg, this is a ridiculous post. Players/coaches take media with a grain of salt. So should all of you.

Jesus.

I see that you have completely dived into ridiculous idea that Joe Philbin is another Cam Cameron. Even now you are starting to compare Ryan Tannehill to John Beck. :bobdole:

Ok, let's pretend what you are saying is accurate, what exactly makes him Cam Cameron? The fact that he told a player to tie his shoes? Or another player to clean up the area around his locker? Or because he said something about the media which means they might write a negative story about him? Seriously?

You talk about people over analyzing the show, yet you seem to be the biggest culprit. Let's not forget that Philbin has yet to coach a regular season game.

Really Nubs? I think you need to freshen up on your reading comprehension skills. At no point did I compare Tannehill to Beck. I am 1000x more confident in Tannehill than I was with Beck. For this reason, I think Philbin can succeed. The comparisons to the Cameron situation I was referring to was how Cameron didn't endear himself to the media initially, so when things went south, it was the environment was set for the public (and players) to turn against him. I am not saying that is right or wrong, but its reality. Media has the power to shape public opinion, and when public opinion turns on you as a coach, you are pretty much toast.

Hard Knocks has Stephen Ross written all over it. This was the most moronic idea ever. Hard Knocks was something I've never watched and hate with a passion. In Spite of the Dolphins being showcased this season on Hard Knocks, I still won't watch an episode. It is a bad idea to expose a teams; thinking, talent level, business ethics, policies and behavior to the public. I am not a fan of most Beat Writer's especially Armando and Omar. Too opinionated and egotistical for my taste. This is all on Ross if you ask me. Any negatives that come out of this should be blamed on the Head Dork of Miami. Holy Head Butt Batman!!! I told you so. God Damn beat writers always looking to be controversial.

Very good post by the OP and reply by WVDolphan.

Another thing that bothers me is the local media bitching about Ryan and Matt lying to them about not knowing how the competition was going when they had already been told who the starter was. Boo hoo! Get over yourselves!

This is off topic . I am not allowed to start a new thread because I do not have 10 posts.
I became a Bob Griese fan when I lived 30 miles from Lafayette, Ind. and watched him throw 19 of 22 passes in the Rose Bowl.
I followed his career to Miami and became a Dolphins fan. I have since retired and live in Florida. I'm not close to Miami though and depend
upon forums such as this one to keep me up to date. This post will probably be the longest of my life since I don't usually talk much.
I posting this in objection to the 10 post rule which blocks a lot of postings for us under 10ers. I feel I being penalized. Please lift this restriction
and I'll post when I have something relevant and note worthy to say. Respectfully yours

the 10 post rule is to deter spammers from creating an account on the website and then just spamming their organization or cause to create traffic to their site and give them more relevance.

It is what it is. Some of the beat writers actually write while others like Mando lack any insightful information relevant to anything regarding Miami.

the idea that a fan could convince hackmando or omar to act with deference toward the team in lieu of a grudge is hilariously dubious.

Back
Top Bottom