December 29, 2002 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

December 29, 2002

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
Dateline New England.......

Has any reporter ever got a full explanation of and relayed Norv's thinking when he attempted three consecutive passes out of the endzone? I'd like to see an article about it. I don't think Norv was too receptive to the questioning of his calls after that game. Now that he's gone I wonder if he would be up to a detailed explanation.

Was it a commitment to get the outside linebackers to widen? What the hell was it? Personally I thought he strategically made the right calls but this thing didn't die until the 2003 season was in full swing. Fans debated everywhere and we never received a full explanation from the source.

Could I get an AYE if you'd like to hear it too........

ZOD said:

Has any reporter ever got a full explanation of and relayed Norv's thinking when he attempted three consecutive passes out of the endzone? I'd like to see an article about it. I don't think Norv was too receptive to the questioning of his calls after that game. Now that he's gone I wonder if he would be up to a detailed explanation.

Was it a commitment to get the outside linebackers to widen? What the hell was it? Personally I thought he strategically made the right calls but this thing didn't die until the 2003 season was in full swing. Fans debated everywhere and we never received a full explanation from the source.

NAY, I'd rather forget it.

LIQUID24 said:
NAY, I'd rather forget it.
:lol:

C'mon it couldn't still be painful.

I just want his explaination of what he saw.

go_fins said:
The defense choked, that's why we lost that game.

Yes but that still doesn't change the fact that half of the Finfan football world doubted that series of calls.....

Once again I'll say that I supported the calls. I thought it was what the team had to do. He gave them their best chance to succeed and they failed.

Ah, painful memories. Thanks man. :cry:

Can't we all just assume Norv was under orders from Wanny to let Jay's "heart and desire to win" carry the team to victory?

What? :confused:

Why did you bring this up? What a horrible weekend. We choke, the Jets win the division, my basement gets flooded, fight with the wife. I was so pissed I sent a nasty letter to Wayne. Never did that before.

I remember that game well and was thinking the same thing. WHY THROW THREE CONCECUTIVE PASSES BACK TO BACK WHILE IN OUR OWN ENDZONE? I was beside myself. The explanation I got the next day watching the day after the game press conference from Wanny was they knew they were going to stack the line because of Ricky and the corner had been playing of Chambers a little going into the last drive. They figured they would be playing the run so they took a chance to get it to Chambers hoping maybe he could get some yards after the catch.

ZOD said:

Just blame it on Fiedler... :D

bobdroopy said:
Just blame it on Fiedler... :D
Explain how this is Fiedler's fault. Glad to see 4 Dolphins admiring Fiedler eating a snowball. And there's also the one Dolphins fan calling for Norv Turner's skin in the background. That one of you guy's by any chance? :tongue:

clear.gif

whoah sorry, wrong year. This was last year's endzone safety.

People always complain that we are too conservative and when our team finally shows some gusto and makes ballsy calls we lambast them.

Can't pease everybody I guess.

I loved the calls at the time, I just HATED the execution. Obviously.

ZOD said:

Look, if your quarterback can't do better than 3 completions in the second half of such an important ballgame you have problems, its the same problem we had in Superbowl 17 when we had another mediocre quarterback named Woodley..................

ZOD said:

My guess is NE had shut RW down in the 4th quarter of the game.

Back
Top Bottom