December 29, 2002 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

December 29, 2002

nyjunc said:
What a beautiful day! Sitting in the parking lot knowing we needed either you guys or Cleveland to lose and as we packe dup and headed in you guys were comfortably up on NE and Cle had just stretched the lead to 8 late against Atlanta. I had a handheld TV and as soon as we got inside Atlanta was driving for the potential tying score(w/ a 2 pt conv) and NE was back in it trailing only by 3. Then NE tied it and the jet game ws beginning, if I hadn't seen the tape I couldn't tell you what happend the first half of the 1st qtr as my eyes were glued to the little TV.

NE stops you guys quickly and gets the ball and kicks the game tying FG then they win the toss and the meadowlands let out a huge roar. NE quickly drives deep into Miami territory and kicks the FG and the meadowlands goes bonkers, not long after that we just began to pund GB and claimed the division title. I ahve been to every Jet game since 1990 but that was the best day I have ever spent there. The agony to ectasy is something we don;t usually experience.

By the way, I'm still not sure Vinatieri's GW FG went through, every replay I've seen looks like it just misses to the right but I'll take it.

And I thoroughly enjoyed the Raiders' 30-10 victory over the Jets two weeks later.

Why do you want to hurt me? Why do you want to make me cry? Can we just forget this game has ever happened, please? I beg you to delete this thread and all references to this game. This is the only time I am for censorship.

Cannonboy said:
Why did you bring this up? What a horrible weekend. We choke, the Jets win the division, my basement gets flooded, fight with the wife. I was so pissed I sent a nasty letter to Wayne. Never did that before.

Did you get a response from Wayne or public relations?

go_fins said:
The defense choked, that's why we lost that game.
I drove up from NJ for that game and I still stand behind my theory on why we lost.
I sat 3rd row on the goal line side on the Phins side of the field. With 4:59 left in the 4th, Wayne Huizenga walked out from his seat onto the field and went up to Wandstadt and congratulated him. At that moment, the Pats drove the field and scored the touchdown and the 2 point conversion to be down only 3. It was at that point I turned to the hundreds of Pats fans who took pride in torturing me with snowballs ALL game and said "congrats, you guys just won the game"

TO that i say, THANK YOU HUIZENGA. You jinxed it

The play calling was questionable at best, but what many forget is that Chambers dropped a ball on that drive that hit him right in the numbers. It should have been an easy first down, which would have sealed the win.

ZOD said:
It's never as simple as that.

Outside linebackers holding on the C gaps? Free safety staying up on the strong side?

I haven't seen the game since then. Everybody remembers that game and I think that includes Norv. That game was more crushing than any other game in recent memory.

I just want something. Anything to explain what the thought process was.

The thought process was that NE had 9 in the box and single coverage on the wrs. Three straight runs into the line would give NE the ball back on our half of the field with about 2:00 left. Miami needed a first down. Against that D, passing gave Miami the best chance to accomplish that.

O.K., we threw three passes there in the end. We desperatly needed a first down. If memory serves me T-Buck made an excellent play on one of the passes. The other two passes were an example of Jay Fiedlers inability to connect on short passes when we have to have them. One good play by T-Buck and two chokers by Jay. Punt the ball, lose the game. We might want to think about replacing the Q.B. that couldn't hit a pass with the season on the line.

Back
Top Bottom