Del Rio for DC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Del Rio for DC

I do think a change is needed at DC. I'd really prefer a veteran DC.

The ****? Why did they fire him? He took them from garbage to being very competitive.

MJF8aHIJ_400x400.jpeg

I would keep Matt Burke as Defensive Coordinator. I know that I'm in the minority around here because FH members want to fire all the coaches and all the players, after every disappointing season, but I bet that I'm right. Burke works well with Coach Gase and we need a bit of patience to see what they can do.

There are some good DC candidates out there to look at.

For what it's worth, I like Jack Del Rio and I think he's done some good things as a coach. Given how Gruden's run in Tampa ended, as well as how long he's been out of coaching, I think that could wind up backfiring spectacularly.

I would keep Matt Burke as Defensive Coordinator. I know that I'm in the minority around here because FH members want to fire all the coaches and all the players, after every disappointing season, but I bet that I'm right. Burke works well with Coach Gase and we need a bit of patience to see what they can do.
Agreed. He's back for sure.

The patience monster pops its head out. I don't care who the DC is next season (though i'd prefer it not be Burke), with a healthy Tannehill they better win a playoff game next year.

i like Del Rio

Del Rio also played baseball in college. He didn't like a column I wrote in the Daily Trojan and was among a handful of baseball players who stormed the newspaper office to confront me. I wasn't there but I heard about it later. Then apparently they calmed down because it didn't repeat.

I wrote that I wished I were a dog and baseball was a tree. Stuff like that.

The athletic department always wanted public relations type material in the Daily Trojan. Nope.

The Gruden connection must be legit. It's the only thing that makes sense. His name comes up every year for various jobs so obviously he's listening and not saying flat no. Plus he does all that film work and forms opinions on players and evolving schemes. That FFCA tag seems to irk him, even if he's the one who invented it, or popularized it. Not shocking he would give it another try.

The ****? Why did they fire him? He took them from garbage to being very competitive.

So they could hire a one time superbowl winning coach that won based on taking over a Tony Dungy built defense and plugged in a QB that wouldn't mess up aka Brad Johnson, ignoring the fact the end of his run in Tampa was awful, he couldn't get a fart to stink let alone coach up a full roster and get results back at the end. Perhaps he will do the same with Raiders that he did with Tampa, he is a good coach, just highly highly over rated in many circles(still good, just not as franchise changing as some like to make him).

Honestly, deep down I feel it was a PR move, "hey old Oakland fans that burned jerseys and cussed us out for announcing the move to Las Vegas, look we got Gruden back!!!" Feel for Jack, he turned that franchise around in 3 years and the year that his QB is coming back/off surgery and his o-line is a joke, he gets canned.

Back
Top Bottom