Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS

Watson didn't even go to trial!!! I don't think a lot of people even know what a grand jury is and how easy it is to indict someone.
Rape cases are notoriously difficult to prosecute... and the fact that 22 different women accused him of the same thing does not help, because each case stands on its on merits-- each one of them coming down to he said vs. she said. Intelligent people can say... wow, 22 different women saying the same thing means it must be true, but in court, it does not work that way.

See...here we go. You can talk about his criminal charges all day long, but ultimately...they were dropped. For a grand jury to vote to not even try the case means the evidence was INCREDIBLY weak and you still want to talk about it. We have a process and this country and that process says he is innocent whether you like it or not. Neither you nor I know what the truth is, but only one of us prances around as they do.

I will come back to gloat with the Browns are in the Super Bowl. There are a ton of teams that have proven a top 5 QB takes you there.
Ah...yer just pissed he didn't land in Seattle...all onboard, train headed to Cleveland...

I'm not going to get political here, but if you still think in 2022 that the decisions of any given jury or district attorney are 100% rooted in merit at all times, you're completely delusional.

I can go outside and trip over a rock and fall on top of an instance of truly egregious jury conduct (see: recent Davie home invasion trial), or a district attorney with political motives trying (or declining to try) a case entirely in the face of the evidence. Watson is an ultra-wealthy celebrity; I think we can do some basic arithmetic on this one.

The same could be said for Jussie Smollett?

P.s. Its the Golden rule..... he who has the Gold makes the rules... or in this case gets them bent in their favor

I get where this guy is coming from. There is a common saying in the legal profession that 'You can indict a ham sandwich.'

With that said, it's time to accept that some people are going to be prosecuted in totally ridiculous circumstances, and some people can walk into your parents' home and shoot your mother in the face, get caught dead to rights, and walk on murder charges because the jurors 'don't think it's fair' for the murderer to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Unfortunate realities of life. If you desperately need to convince forums posters on Finheaven dot com that DeShaun Watson is not a rapist, then I suggest going over the merits of the complaints and making the case there. Appealing to authority has never been a worse line of attack.

Did Mayfield's hissy fit compel the Browns to ramp up their offer for Watson? When he said goodbye to the team on Social Media and formally requested a trade then Watson rejected them as a landing spot they were looking at being without a QB. Got a bit panicky and put an insane deal on the table.

1647642302327.jpeg

See...here we go. You can talk about his criminal charges all day long, but ultimately...they were dropped. For a grand jury to vote to not even try the case means the evidence was INCREDIBLY weak and you still want to talk about it. We have a process and this country and that process says he is innocent whether you like it or not. Neither you nor I know what the truth is, but only one of us prances around as they do.

I will come back to gloat with the Browns are in the Super Bowl. There are a ton of teams that have proven a top 5 QB takes you there.
Don't care. He clearly is a sexual predator

Vaya con Dios, muchacho

Who else here is excited that this team just saved itself three 1st round picks, one 3rd and one 4th round pick? Not to mention the drama/baggage that would have also came with Watson.

500a939fdbc29dd07561c10f4f9677b1531f356b.gif

Browns never been to the Super Bowl and that 230M not going to get you there either. Nice bank for Watson. He originally turned down Cleveland but the bank changed his mind.

I was telling the guys on discord that I was listen to Kirwan on Movin the Chains yesterday and today
and they took callers the last two days and People in Cleveland and around Fans around the both league men and women are outraged

This is a shiat show the **** storm is just starting

I thought the Jags were the runaway crown wearers for the most questionable contracts this offseason. Wow.......just wow Cleveland.

This guy gets butthurt, sits out all season, picks where he goes and you give him an enormous raise on top of it? You just gave him more power than anyone in the league, including your own HC and GM, because your franchise is now stuck with him for 5 years. Good luck if he gets hurt or continues to be a creeper.

Back
Top Bottom