Despite Miami Dolphins’ LB overhaul, Mike Hull doing ‘everything I can’ to start | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Despite Miami Dolphins’ LB overhaul, Mike Hull doing ‘everything I can’ to start

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

Dolphins linebacker Mike Hull (45) intercepts a pass intended for Arizona Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald (11) at Hard Rock Stadium in 2016. (Allen Eyestone / The Palm Beach Post)

The linebacker who wouldn’t get recognized in line at Dunkin’ Donuts, according to at least one Dolphins coach last season, is no farther along the road to stardom.

“I blend in pretty well with the general population,” Mike Hull said Tuesday. “I keep a low profile.”

Away from football, that is.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ul-mike-hull-doing-everything-i-can-to-start/

I love having Mike as a nice option behind our Mike.

He's also a special teams ace which is huge.

Between he, Aikens, and Thomas we're set to have one of the best special teams in the NFL again.

It's so nice to say Mike is great depth rather than saying he's a starter.

We lacked depth big time. Thankfully that has changed!!

Seems like a good kid, it must be a dream come true to even be on a 53 man roster...however, Hull wants to start....and that mentality will keep him on the team IMO....

Ihave him fighting to make the 53 man roster. If he's doing everything he can to win a starting job does that include causing bodily harm to Alonso, Timmons, Misi or McMillian?

Ihave him fighting to make the 53 man roster. If he's doing everything he can to win a starting job does that include causing bodily harm to Alonso, Timmons, Misi or McMillian?

Bodily harm to Misi will show up in .... any moment now actually

I love having Mike as a nice option behind our Mike.

He's also a special teams ace which is huge.

Between he, Aikens, and Thomas we're set to have one of the best special teams in the NFL again.

It's so nice to say Mike is great depth rather than saying he's a starter.

We lacked depth big time. Thankfully that has changed!!
Let's reel it back a bit before we start calling hull "great depth"

I like Mike Hull.
And he is a very good special team player.
But if he is our starter at LB, we are in big trouble.
He just doesn't have the speed we need at LB

I think if the coaches felt confident that Kimo was ready to play Will, that Hill wpuld have played a lot more snaps last year.

I think Jakeem The Dream hit the nail on the head though, I'm also happier with him as depth than as a starting Mike. His contributions on Special Teams are outstanding, but his roster spot is not guaranteed.

Love the underdog and its going to be fun to watch how far hardwork, desire and smarts will go with catching up with talent. Talent cannot be over rated. Yet skills can be sharpened, strength gained and the gap narrowed between those gifted and those who desire.

I love guys like Hull. Everyone tells them they are lower talent NFL players with almost no chance to make a difference but you know what the kid just keeps on pushing proving he has a derive that most of us wish we had.

Love people like that.

I don't see him getting on the field this year at MLB. Raekwon or Kiko would likely kick over to MLB if Timmons went down and Misi is the first guy off the bench (assuming he gets cleared). Timmons never really misses games. Our issue is going to be if our WLB (or one of our nickel LB's) gets hurt. Who plays WLB if Alonso goes down? They would probably shift the line around with Timmons moving over to weak or Raekwon moving over as Misi takes the SLB spot. It could go any number of ways.

Good back up/ST teams guy....but if he is starting we either have injuries or busts on our hands!

Love the mentality and work ethic, but he's no more than a special teamer and depth at linebacker. Damn good special teamer though. Glad to have him on the roster.

Back
Top Bottom