Despite Miami Dolphins’ LB overhaul, Mike Hull doing ‘everything I can’ to start | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Despite Miami Dolphins’ LB overhaul, Mike Hull doing ‘everything I can’ to start

I like Mike Hull.
And he is a very good special team player.
But if he is our starter at LB, we are in big trouble.
He just doesn't have the speed we need at LB

He ran a 4.6 at the combine. It's not speed. He needs to make up for his size with either off the charts instincts or by punishing defenders ... which don't happen. Short arms aren't helpful.

He might get there eventually. Got the right mindset.

Last edited:
Every roster has a bottom of it. Guys like Hull who excel at ST and have a hard work ethic are the guys you want there

I don't see him getting on the field this year at MLB. Raekwon or Kiko would likely kick over to MLB if Timmons went down and Misi is the first guy off the bench (assuming he gets cleared). Timmons never really misses games. Our issue is going to be if our WLB (or one of our nickel LB's) gets hurt. Who plays WLB if Alonso goes down? They would probably shift the line around with Timmons moving over to weak or Raekwon moving over as Misi takes the SLB spot. It could go any number of ways.

I think McMIllian mans the middle and Timmons will be strong. If/when Alonso gets hurt I like Hewitt to take over weak. He's not that much of a drop off.

Mike Hull is a victim of free agency and the draft. I'm not sure he will start this year unless there is an injury... Even if there is an injury, he is not 2nd in line.

He ran a 4.6 at the combine. It's not speed. He needs to make up for his size with either off the charts instincts or by punishing defenders ... which don't happen. Short arms aren't helpful.

He might get there eventually. Got the right mindset.

I meant 'ball carriers' here obviously. Not letting me fix it.

Let's reel it back a bit before we start calling hull "great depth"

Well judging from his limited body of work, I'd say he's done good when called upon.

The only game Kiko was out he made is seem like Kiko wasn't there.

I think very highly of Kiko ,so that's saying a lot for me.

Okay not great but very solid. Hull, Misi/Mcmillian, and Hewitt is very solid depth for once lol

PHINS UP!! !

Mike Hull is a victim of free agency and the draft. I'm not sure he will start this year unless there is an injury... Even if there is an injury, he is not 2nd in line.

I truly believe he could become a very solid starter on the right team in the right situation.

He's a special teams ace which is were a lot of young backers get game experience.

I would hate to lose a guy like him.

We just don't know since he's so young.

I can definitely see him trending upwards and if not we got a special teams ace along with Thomas and Aikens.

Thank the lord we aren't lining up Hewitt, Hull, and spencer paysinger!!

Kiko, Timmons, Misi/Mcmillan are a real Lbing corp

I think McMIllian mans the middle and Timmons will be strong. If/when Alonso gets hurt I like Hewitt to take over weak. He's not that much of a drop off.

I could see some improvement from Hewitt this year as well as he enters his second year in the same system.

Hull was better than Paysinger and Jenkins when he played, but that's not enough to make him starter calibre. If he can be our new Trusnik, I'll be happy.

Back
Top Bottom