Detroit's left overs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Detroit's left overs

Whatever we need to create pressure must be done. I feel lb is priority 1 but we need a great dline rush as well. I ling for the day our d has an obvious passing down and qe infiltrate the backfield no holds barred.

Then get rid of Tannenbaum before it really is too late
He's in the process of destroying this franchise with
poor free agent signings and terrible contracts
just like he did for the Jets.

Call it "addition by subtraction"
not giving Tannenbaum a chance in free agency and his absurd contracts

The jury is still out on his draft picks

But, . . . Don't we already know Harris is a bust and there were no big hits? It's been 16 whole games

But, . . . Don't we already know Harris is a bust and there were no big hits? It's been 16 whole games
Harris is pretty bad. Dude is going no where in the NFL. Sad we have to wait 3 years to decide this. SMH

I'd sign Ziggy Ansah. I am curious to know what his relationship with Suh was/is like. They were teammates for Ansah's first two seasons. Harris/Ansah would give you a lot of athleticism on the edges.

It's a gamble but it's a position you need to gamble at. I suspect we would have to move on from Wake immediately to make that happen and certainly be looking to release Branch next year (which is the plan regardless).

Despite saying that however, I am not looking to be the highest bidder for his services.

Ziggy loved playing with Suh, and he was sad to see him leave. Ziggy's best years were with Suh on the line with him. Complement each other very well.

I can see Mike T clearing cap space for Ziggy or Demarcus Lawrence.

Wake isn’t getting younger and counting on rookie DEs isn’t the smartest thing to do, even tho Harris had a decent year.

I can see Mike T clearing cap space for Ziggy or Demarcus Lawrence.

Wake isn’t getting younger and counting on rookie DEs isn’t the smartest thing to do, even tho Harris had a decent year.

I could easily see that, the offseason big move would be for a younger DE with experience to pair with Harris. Then you have FS, OG, LB in the draft.

A healthy McMillian and add Derwin...
iYSiK.gif

what about Irving from Dallas?

Production was extremely high for him in his short span of games this year due to a suspension(banned substance) and then concussion issues after the Redskins game. Most if not all of his sacks came from the 3-tech. He is very tall for a tackle(6'7) but is strong, quick and has the wingspan to shed blockers.
While he has played at LDE with some success, Dallas pretty much had him strictly at DT due to Lawrence balling at LDE.

He is a RFA this offseason and Dallas will either use the 1st or 2nd round tender on him.
Rumor is they may tag him with a 2nd rounder to see if a team may bite on putting in an offer.
They like him, but maybe not enough to give a big deal to.
(Bryan Broaddus-former scout and current talking head for the Cowboys brought that up. Not always super reliable for rumors tho)

Ziggy is the type of free agent I'd be down with breaking some serious bread for. High impact player who would lift our defense up a notch. Sign him and draft Smith in the first round and those two players alone + development of Tank/Howard/Harris drastically improve our D.

Back
Top Bottom