DeVante Parker is really bad at Yards After Catch. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeVante Parker is really bad at Yards After Catch.

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
I mean the big guy can't get first down's after the catch he runs sideways instead of going forward thats how he got his ankle hurt a few weeks ago.

Today he showed no burst after catching the ball or breaking tackles he's very talented but i don't think we can have a WR who can't get yards after catching make a big portion of our salary?

I hope he gets better but Landry & Stills look superior then him I didn't even mention how injury prone the guy is.

Some receivers in the league are too "diva."

Parker isn't enough.

For the last couple of months there have been so many fans calling for Stills to be traded or cut and for the life of me I can't understand that line of thinking. Stills was one of the few players who showed today and played good football, he is definitely a keeper in my book. Parker still needs work to become a top receiver in this league....IMO.

Parker is a weak "BIG" receiver. The guy plays really small for his size.

Parker sucks after the catch, pretty awkward too for a WR.

Should be better at getting open too.

Doesn’t seem to have elite speed either.

Miami needs a #1 WR. It ain’t Parker. Number 1 WR would have had a few breakout games by now.

Miami needs a #1 WR. It ain’t Parker. Number 1 WR would have had a few breakout games by now.
That is the problem I see as well, getting open. So many of his catches are often contested...he seldom seems to be wide open. I thought elite speed was his make up coming out of college.....is he still hurt?

Parker has had some good games... but these qb's certainly have done him no favors this year. There have been a lot of plays where Parker was in position to make a play and the ball was thrown terribly. Now Parker hasn't lived up to expectations either, don't get me wrong but we either aren't or are unable to utilize his skill set due to putrid QB play.

That is the problem I see as well, getting open. So many of his catches are often contested...he seldom seems to be wide open. I thought elite speed was his make up coming out of college.....is he still hurt?
I wouldn’t doubt it if he’s hurt again

His drop-interception was terrible. Hard to judge him as this point in his career due to frequent injury and poor QB play.

Our friend Hayden Fox hated the pick, said Parker wouldn’t get separation in the NFL. His prediction looks as good as the 16 year old the board ridiculed for stating Dion Jordan was a bad pick. Don’t know why the board always ridicules the naysayers. When it comes to this team they’re always right.

Prior to today Parker had more yards after catch than Stills. Parker will be fine, his yards after catch have a lot to do with how he's used and ball placement. He's not going to give you many yards on those hitch passes and on shallow crossing routes he's going to be limited too. Put him in an offense where the qb has the time and ability to push the ball down field.

I think Parker's biggest strength is the 50/50 jump balls. Maybe his ankle still isn't 100% but there are too many stretches where he disappears and is definitely not a #1 WR that takes over games. I'm thinking we franchise Juice this off season and give Parker one final year to show what he has. We keep one or the other but not both.

Back
Top Bottom