Devlin as Backup | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devlin as Backup

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
Would you be comfortable with Devlin as your second string QB should something happen to Moore?

if something happened to moore I suppose Devlin is as good a backup to a backup we will get, but the idea of him as the main backup is not something I would be happy with

Personally I would love for Moore to be the back up atleast one more year.. But if some one blows us away with an offer for Moore ill be open to trading him.

Yes so trade Moore

Nobody will give up anything for a scrub QB. He has been a FA twice in the past couple years and nobody has offered him anything

Nobody will give up anything for a scrub QB. He has been a FA twice in the past couple years and nobody has offered him anything

He has not been on the free agent market since 2011, and he increased his stock with his play in Miami.

If Moore were to get hurt this season, yes I would be comfortable with Devlin as the #2. I also wouldn't be surprised if they try and trade Moore next offseason for a mid to late round draft pick and promote Devlin then.

The genesis of this question implies that both RT and Moore are out...yikes.

Did we sign Moore for one year or two? If he's only signed for one year he would become a free agent next year and would give us no trading ability. If its 2 years then we have some time, if not we might want to look at trading him at the end of TC.

Did we sign Moore for one year or two? If he's only signed for one year he would become a free agent next year and would give us no trading ability. If its 2 years then we have some time, if not we might want to look at trading him at the end of TC.

He got a 2 year extension in March.

If you're saying "would you want Devlin as backup if Moore goes down," then you are really asking if we want him as #3 which he already is.

No just Moore being out.

I suppose Moore could get hurt in practice or exhibition and hence Devlin is the back up....which I would not trust at all. I do not think he can compete at an acceptable QB level to help an NFL franchise. That is my answer.

Back
Top Bottom