Devlin as Backup | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devlin as Backup

moore might get u a late round pick but thats about it. his agent surveyed the market and he resigned to be a backup. smart decision.

Moore is signed through next season (2014)but he's due to make $5.5 million in 2014. Not sure we pay $5.5 million for a backup QB

Nobody will give up anything for a scrub QB. He has been a FA twice in the past couple years and nobody has offered him anything

The Jets were looking at him. Do you blame them?

but to the question, no, not now. Moore would be very good with these WR's/TE's. So would Devlin. Devline is smoother in Red zone to me minus some endzone INT's at end of practice/game last year.

We have 3 good QB's. Moore FA next year. DEvlin gets signed.

The Jets were looking at him. Do you blame them?

but to the question, no, not now. Moore would be very good with these WR's/TE's. So would Devlin. Devline is smoother in Red zone to me minus some endzone INT's at end of practice/game last year.

We have 3 good QB's. Moore FA next year. DEvlin gets signed.

we dont know if jets were looking at him since he never became a free agent although im sure he was on radar but not at any more money than what we paid or less

we dont know if jets were looking at him since he never became a free agent although im sure he was on radar but not at any more money than what we paid or less

I believe alot of teams were looking at Moore, as a backup to compete. Moore simply chose to stay where the water was fine and getting finer.

and i correct myself on him being a FA, but he most certainly could become trade bait next year if we draft another QB. football johnny. lol

I believe alot of teams were looking at Moore, as a backup to compete. Moore simply chose to stay where the water was fine and getting finer.

and i correct myself on him being a FA, but he most certainly could become trade bait next year if we draft another QB. football johnny. lol

at his price ni team will trade for him next year

Nobody will give up anything for a scrub QB. He has been a FA twice in the past couple years and nobody has offered him anything

Too bad the Miami Dolphins are trying out that Tannehil experiment. They are usually more than willing to give up a second round pick for a scrub backup. Oh wait... That's us. Yea, there aren't to many other teams that pull that crap :(

Moore needs to get out of the way so that we can be one step closer to having a winning quarterback.

nobody is going to trade for Matt Moore. There are free agents of similar talent on the free agent market still

The only trade you may get for Moore is a team alive in the playoff chase that loses a starter and has a weak option at backup. Of course with the trade deadline being 20 Oct, the likelihood of that scenario playing out is minimal. Moore will be here for 2 more seasons. He's a decent back up. I like Devlin but logic dictates you roll with experience in case of injury. Devlin just hasn't shown enough yet.

Would you be comfortable with Devlin as your second string QB should something happen to Moore?

Devlin will eventually surpass Moore as a player, but Moore is also a well respected person in the clubhouse. That's tough to replace. I'd like to see Devlin play significant time with the 2's.

Back
Top Bottom