Devonta Smith MCL injury dodged bullet by Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devonta Smith MCL injury dodged bullet by Miami?

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
We been heavily debating injury prone players, even prior to the draft or this year's training camp. Smiths size put a few red flags out there but injuries this early couldnt have being predicted. The dolphins made a good choice with selecteling waddle over any receiver imo. Had the dolphins drafted Smith we would have more likely be dealing with more blows to a receiver corps with three players already linked to being prone to injuries. He is only going to be out for a month, but let's just hope he is able to remain healthy and have a good career. My only wishful thinking is more related to him being here, and keeping players that are not prone to injuries. Had we drafted him and the rest of our receivers been healthy then that would be one thing, but having 3 receivers with injuries that are projected to be contributors is always a huge blow.

I think we got the guy that fits Tua the best. Smith will have a good career and will always be compared to the 3 guys this draft.
As a football fan I want to see how he does. He has had alot of negatives before the draft but he is a seriously good WR. I want to see him play in the NFL. Him getting injured in pre season will only bring out the crystal ball merchants.

Injuries aren't predictable. All the "injury prone," "made of glass," arguments are lazy and stupid.

Apparently when you're bigger, it means you have stronger tendons, I guess.

Medical science has been wrong this whole time! Who knew?!

Doesn't sound like he'll miss the start of the regular season, so why the thread? Could be back in two weeks.

We been heavily debating injury prone players, even prior to the draft or this year's training camp. Smiths size put a few red flags out there but injuries this early couldnt have being predicted. The dolphins made a good choice with selecteling waddle over any receiver imo. Had the dolphins drafted Smith we would have more likely be dealing with more blows to a receiver corps with three players already linked to being prone to injuries. He is only going to be out for a month, but let's just hope he is able to remain healthy and have a good career. My only wishful thinking is more related to him being here, and keeping players that are not prone to injuries. Had we drafted him and the rest of our receivers been healthy then that would be one thing, but having 3 receivers with injuries that are projected to be contributors is always a huge blow.

thanks you just jinxed Waddle now with an even worse injury

Back
Top Bottom