Dez Bryant vs Golden Tate | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dez Bryant vs Golden Tate

Seminole51

Starter
Reaction score
Im just curious, if the Fins had the chance to draft either of these guys who would you rather have? Unfortunately I dont know much about Bryant because OSU never really got a tremendous amount of coverage on the East coast, but from what I understand the man is tall, fast, and has very good hands. Golden Tate is stuffed down your throat because of Notre Dame, however he also seems to be very good. Of course, this is all at the college level though... So who would you go with? OR if there is another WR out there that you think is worthy of looking at, drop their name into the mix also.

On a NON WR note, I hate Clemson, but god would CJ Spiller look good in aqua and orange or what? :-)

I'm not sure but I don't think Miami will be picking high enough to get any of those 3 players. I also wouldn't see them taking CJ Spiller even if he was on the board. IMO they're either taking a WR, DT, or MLB in the first round, if they do anything else I'd be shocked.

I completely agree with the 1st round pick, however I can dream... the kid (Spiller) is just a big play waiting to happen. I pray that the Bills, Jets or Pats dont take him.

i want an ILB in the 1st myself - and get the WR in FA. but if not - i'd be happy with either one - although benn is my favorite of the bunch. benn, bryant, and tate are the most impressive of a very non impressive WR crop this year.

i want an ILB in the 1st myself - and get the WR in FA. but if not - i'd be happy with either one - although benn is my favorite of the bunch. benn, bryant, and tate are the most impressive of a very non impressive WR crop this year.

Last I heard Illinois was trying to get Benn to stay. They just offered his brother a scholarship in hopes that Benn would stay for his senior year.

If Benn's not there the WRs in the draft will be slim pickings. Unless we can find that star in the later rounds.

IMO we get a WR in Free Agency or trade. Antonio Bryant or Anquan Boldin is my guess. If we want Brandon Marshall we'd have to pray to god they reach a CBA agreement otherwise he's going to cost a 1st and a 3rd. Same can be said for Vincent Jackson.

Miles Austin is also another player that the Cowboys will most likely resign.

There's a few WRs in Free Agency that would be worth taking a look at that don't jump out at you. Jason Avant has the size and build to be a good WR. Is he #1 WR material? I'm not sure.

Then there's Braylon "I make great catches but drop easy ones" Edwards, he's another interesting Free Agent because he has the big play ability that we lack so much. But he's just to inconsistent. I could really see him being in Miami considering we went out and tried to "trade " for him or according to Schefter we listened to offers for him.

I just don't see us getting a WR in Free Agent and then drafting one early in the draft. Unless there's a player there that you can't pass up I think it'd be a late to mid round pick. I just can't see the Front Office having a ton of WRs at the start of the season next year.

Hartline, Bess, Turner, and Camarillo are most likely all safe. Camarillo could be part of a trade but really what would any team give up for him?

Then there is Ginn. Although he isn't worth his steep contract he could go either way. Miami might keep him because he has the speed and could really benefit from having a true #1 WR.

I guess Turner could be cut but you never know.

So if we don't cut anyone other then Ginn we'd already have 4 WRs on the roster. Perhaps we could get a Free Agent WR and then have a rookie WR battle it out with Turner for that #5 spot?

Who knows. All I know is unless you're going after Bryant, Tate, Benn or possibly Lafell there aren't to many names that jump out and grab you. I'd love to have Tate because he reminds me a lot of a Steve Smith/Desean Jackson Hybrid I just don't see us picking that high to get him.

We'll see.

I hate the Gators, but Brandon Spikes would look damn good in a Dolphins uniform. He could eye gouge the Jets on a daily basis.

Funny thing is, i have heard form guys who watch college ball (i do not) that the WR depth in the draft this year is supposedly very good. I can only hope this is true, as we need a big #1 WR with speed.

IMO we get a WR in Free Agency or trade. Antonio Bryant or Anquan Boldin is my guess. If we want Brandon Marshall we'd have to pray to god they reach a CBA agreement otherwise he's going to cost a 1st and a 3rd. Same can be said for Vincent Jackson.

Antonio Bryant?! I don't know about you guys, but if our WR upgrade consists of Antonio Bryant, I am going to be one unhappy camper. Talk about a waste of Henne's rocket. We might as well sign Braylon Edwards.
Now Antonio Bryant AND a top WR/Boldin then ok. But that is highly unlikely.

as for the rest..

Anquan Boldin? might leave ARI so maybe
Brandon Marshall? Not going anywhere
Vincent Jackson? Not going anywhere

It is basically Boldin or bust in FA. Miles Austin is their new star in Dallas, he isn't going anywhere. I HATE trading up, but we NEED to draft a WR in the first, unless we could snag Boldin.

I want a WR in the 1st. I wanted to take Nicks in the draft last year but we got VD. Not bad with him either but would have been nice to get Nicks.

I hate the Gators, but Brandon Spikes would look damn good in a Dolphins uniform. He could eye gouge the Jets on a daily basis.

Did you see Brandon Spikes in the game versus a "real" team with a real running back? (Alabama in comparison to all the schools florida played this year!). He made no plays at all and he was on the ground more times than i can remember! i pray to god we don't draft him..the guys no where near as good as his reputation and did i mention how slow he is! The best player on florida's D, is Joe hayden! the guy performs regardless of the competition unlike Spikes who only seems to show-up versus FIU!

You guys do realize that Anquan Boldin does not become a free agent until AFTER the 2010 season.

Antonio Bryant?! I don't know about you guys, but if our WR upgrade consists of Antonio Bryant, I am going to be one unhappy camper. Talk about a waste of Henne's rocket. We might as well sign Braylon Edwards.
Now Antonio Bryant AND a top WR/Boldin then ok. But that is highly unlikely.

as for the rest..

Anquan Boldin? might leave ARI so maybe
Brandon Marshall? Not going anywhere
Vincent Jackson? Not going anywhere

It is basically Boldin or bust in FA. Miles Austin is their new star in Dallas, he isn't going anywhere. I HATE trading up, but we NEED to draft a WR in the first, unless we could snag Boldin.

Beggars can't be choosers. I agree with you that Antonio Bryant is just the BEGINNING of what should be our plans for the WR position, but the fact of the matter is he's far better than anyone we have on roster. He just made another play the other day (one of many) that none of the players on this roster have ever made.

Oh and by the way, Dez Bryant and it's not even a question in my book.

Dez won't be on the board. Golden Tate might be. Hand consistency concerns me about Tate. But, I wonder if that's being picky as he catches a lot of balls, especially tough ones.

I'm not sure I see us going WR in the first round just as an availability of talent thing. I think Antonio Bryant will be a Dolphins next year and then they'll draft someone else later than the first round.

Here's a realization, Miami picks-up no big name receivers this off-season. Not because their not gonna try, but because no one is giving up/letting go any of the receivers people have been mentioning!

I predict they're gonna draft the best receiver they can and sign the best free-agent WR they can find! (which will be a second-tier receiver)

Back
Top Bottom