Dez Bryant vs Golden Tate | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dez Bryant vs Golden Tate

What are your thoughts on the receiver from Syracuse? mike Williams I believe. On paper he looks like he has all the tools. Should be a mid round pick. Just curious.

but the elite #1 prospects are slim. I think Bryant, Tate, Benn all are elite prospects (they would obviously have to live up to it though) and possibly USC WR williams (but i dont know much about him

I'd have to go Bryant, Benn and then Tate, with Tate a somewhat distant third. I seem to have more of an opinion than most that Benn can be special, but Bryant- the size, hands, agression, production- everything but straight line speed. I'd have to go there. But if Bryant was gone and Benn was sitting there and we passed on him (assuming DT Dan Williams is gone) - I'd probably be a little disappointed. As much as I like Benn, it's tough to get a read on whether he'll be a 1st or 2nd round pick. As with most things, opinions seem to vary.

ok ck...3 names

put them in order of preference as nose tackle prospects...and your current round value for each

dan williams
terrence cody
marvin austin

anybody else have thoughts as well???

ok ck...3 names

put them in order of preference as nose tackle prospects...and your current round value for each

dan williams
terrence cody
marvin austin

anybody else have thoughts as well???

Man that is REALLY tough...we're still so early in this process.

Right now...I reserve the right to change my mind...

Marvin Austin (R1)
Dan Williams (R1)
Terrence Cody (R2)

My reasoning is thus: Marvin Austin has a more consistent history of being a stunner than Dan Williams. Dan Williams is beastly, no doubt about it. But, Austin was a beast right out of high school, never did no wrong at the college level, and has ridiculous athletic potential...so that's a little more consistency than Dan Williams has enjoyed. Terrence Cody is still too fat for my tastes, I'm not sure this staff will ever accept his being so grossly overweight, and when I settled down to really LOOK for whether he wore down considerably in the fourth quarter...I found that he absolutely does. In fact, at times in the fourth quarter, he looks nothing like he did in the first. Hard work can cure that, but is a fat guy who likes being fat willing to put in the necessary work to do the job?

BTW, Jared Odrick should go on the list and I'm not sure but I would be tempted to put him at the top of it.

Still a small WR isn't what MIA needs. His size is a concern since MIA has more than enough of the same type of WR.
And the only comparison to Ginn if any, was dealing w/ his size.
Tate can jump out of the gym, he high points the ball as well as any college receiver I've seen recently.

Odrick and I went to High School together :thumbsup:

but the elite #1 prospects are slim. I think Bryant, Tate, Benn all are elite prospects (they would obviously have to live up to it though) and possibly USC WR williams (but i dont know much about him
i dont know if i would want to take a chance of Williams in the first round maybe second if he is still there

What are your thoughts on the receiver from Syracuse? mike Williams I believe. On paper he looks like he has all the tools. Should be a mid round pick. Just curious.
the guy has first round talent he probably would have went in the second round of this years draft if he didnt drop out of school but i wouldnt mind seeing him in miami if we could get him in the 3rd or 4th round

Back
Top Bottom